Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
You got to hand it to Xbox. They brought the fight to Sony this gen. They straight up snatched Kojima, Atlus and Team Ninja away from them. The 3 things that made PS very unique compared to Xbox last gen. And they just took it.

Seems like Sony spent all their money on the Square/FF partnership. And outside of that they don't focus on Japan at all. Everything else is AAA western stuff and money sink into Bungie. Its kind of a crazy flip for both consoles this gen.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
You got to hand it to Xbox. They brought the fight to Sony this gen. They straight up snatched Kojima, Atlus and Team Ninja away from them. The 3 things that made PS very unique compared to Xbox last gen. And they just took it.

Seems like Sony spent all their money on the Square/FF partnership. And outside of that they don't focus on Japan at all. Everything else is AAA western stuff and money sink into Bungie. Its kind of a crazy flip for both consoles this gen.
It seems more like those studios fled to MS because Sony didn't care about them anymore, like most Japanese-ass Japanese dev making Japanese-ass games.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and yuraya

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
And they pissed mostly little japanese developers like Kenichiro Takaki which are mainly focused on Switch and Steam cause ToS change at the end of PS4 life, and Forcing devs to Submit to English Content Reviews instead of japnese like they used to.
Plus what they did with Sony Japan Studio reducing it to just Team Asobi.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It seems more like those studios fled to MS because Sony didn't care about them anymore, like most Japanese-ass Japanese dev making Japanese-ass games.
Its just surprising they let all 3 go. I understand one of them as money always talks....but all 3 of them. I mean Sony published Nioh games in Japan so I thought that partnership will be good for a long time.

It makes me wonder if/when there is a Persona 6 in the future...it will be Xbox/PC at launch. Its very possible if Phil gave them a giant bag $$$. They are flexing hard with Gamepass and it must have started bringing in a lot of money for them.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

Kojima is indeed a big loss but I doubt sony is worried about the competition getting ports of PSP/Vita/PS3 games or Team Ninja.
Persona 6 and Project Re Fantasy will still be on PS5 even if not exclusively.

Been playing Digital Devil Saga to tide me over until Soul Hackers 2.
I wish they'd say something about SMTV. I loved the game so much on Switch but the IQ and frame-rate are just terrible.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I'm sure it'll come to Steam eventually, yeah, but imho a timed exclusivity to Windows store would still be pretty bad. We need confirmation that it's coming to Steam at the same time.
Even if its timed exclusive it won't be a long time. The Gunk was like 3 months exclusive before coming to Steam so I don't think MS is paying for too much time. Probably just for initial wave of subscribers for GP and after that they don't care. Either way we are still getting P3 and P5. If not this year then next and that is great since Souls Hackers 2 is coming this year plus FF7r is on the horizon soon. Finding enough time play all this stuff will be hard.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Finished Vampyr and even though game is full of frustrations those reveals at the end and story overall really made me want another Vampyr game immediately. That lore is so full of potential. Also playing it on Deck was great experience and i had 0 issues in over 30h i spent playing it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looking at the Starfield gameplay footage again and it looks like a combination of....

Outer Worlds
Mass Effect Andromeda
No Mans Sky
Star Citizen
Fallout 4

Really is a dream game. Base building/Ship building plus lots of stuff with Factions. The skill tree stuff seems like too much tho.

1000 planets is stupid ambitious but wtvr they probably exist just for people to get 100% achievements in a game. I just hope there is no tedious fuel system in the game that locks you out of solar systems. Give me as much freedom as possible.

I'm hyped for it but performance looked rough at times. Its a good thing they delayed it so polish it up and get it right.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
As always, it's going to be up to modders to fix things up. But on the plus side, they're localising it for multiple languages, so that's a plus

Not sure if they give the English script the same treatment, though. I'll be interested to see if they do.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Tactical Breach Wizards continues to look excellent.
Synergy could be cool.
Deliver Us Mars look cool, I really need to play the first game.
Scorn looks great and gross. Maybe too gross.
Immortality continues to intrigue me.
Flintlock looks neat.
The Invincible looks great.
Cocoon looks potentially neat.
Abyssals could be cool.
Ereban: Shadow Legacy looks good.
The Last Case of Benedict Fox looks good.
A Plague Tale: Requiem looks great, need to play the first game.
Silksong looks dope.

I still need to check trailers from some of the shows, but so far this Keigh3 has been pretty solid for me.

Though lol at no Steam page for Persona 5 and P3P. Just Atlus things. Maybe it's still coming at the same date, but still, lol.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
As always, it's going to be up to modders to fix things up. But on the plus side, they're localising it for multiple languages, so that's a plus

Not sure if they give the English script the same treatment, though. I'll be interested to see if they do.

"LMAO, THIS PORT IS SO LAZY DUDEEE, THIS PORT (AND GET THIS), RIGHT; THIS PORT IS JUST THE ORIGINAL GAME, RIGHT, BUT WITH UPSCALED TEXTURES, LIKE WHAT??? HAS ATLUS NEVER HEARD OF A PORT? IT'S A PORT DUDE, WHERE ARE THE REMADE MODELS, TEXTURES, CUTSCENES AND NEW STORY???"

this tweet emitts bad energy

"JUST PLAY IT ON AN EMULATOR" - yeah none of us want to go through the process of downloading your emulator with your rom, get more viruses than something with a lot of viruses, and shit like that; i just want to load up xbox, select it, play it, and boom, just like that, it's there

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
I think it just would've been nice if the upscale was better or the backgrounds didn't look smoothed out. Its also weird seeing even the character models being from the PSP version when there are higher quality models out there on FES.
This is better than nothing of course and I'll certainly buy it but its just unfortunate that its like this.; the third picture in particular in that set looks kind of awful.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I slept after the Xbox show. It is still incredibly funny to me that all the Persona games are announced for Xbox and Window store only. No Steam. And not even Switch. If I got ten dollar for every baffling decision they did, I would have become a millionaire now.

I am certain that they will come to every platform eventually. But when you need to keep your customers from waiting... well, I am damned sure that there are some people who will just stop the fucking waiting game and go on the high sea.

Anyway, I may need to get a copy of Persona 3 Fes asap. Price will certainly shoot up after this port being P3P.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
this tweet emitts bad energy
Is it? Looking at the screenshots, those upscales looks really blurry, including the character art. They won't scale well on higher resolutions.

I have nothing against AI upscaling. Some of my favourite games has AI upscaling implementation done correctly. I expected more from Atlus, since Persona is their biggest money makers.

none of us want to go through the process of downloading your emulator with your rom
Nice copypasta! :flare_lmao:
Anyway, I may need to get a copy of Persona 3 Fes asap. Price will certainly shoot up after this port being P3P.
I still have my JP copy. I will be a millionaire soon. :keikaku_doori:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Continuing my takes on the Xbox show. I am curious why Kojima is doing this cloud thing. Assuming he is even making a horror game and he probably is with all the leaks. But what benefit would that bring?

He has earned the benefit of the doubt as goat director but he is also a giant troll who breaks the 4th wall a lot.

So could he be using the cloud to...

seamlessly update the game with new jump scares?
or alternate endings?
new characters? On the fly boss fights etc.
Episodic twists??
Maybe PT style never ending corridors of crazy stuff.
Maybe some fun stuff with permadeath or time skips.

I mean you could do all this weird shit without the player knowing I guess but I don't know. Seems kind of a dumb reason to not do a traditional port. Or maybe there will be a traditional port that is always online but won't release until the game is fully complete.

I feel like the gaming community will mine all his surprises regardless. People will do that shit fast because die hards are too obsessed.

But again Kojima is a troll. He will do something so dumb like it wouldn't surprise me if he completely deletes a game and add an entire different perspective to everything. There will be many ruses with this and I feel like it will be even more exhausting than MGSV was. Like it wouldn't even surprise me if he makes the first ever horror game with a battle pass lol.

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I just watched he PC Gaming Show conference and it had some good games.

I'm glad that IMMORTALITY is releasing next month and I feel this year had some great narrative games! Demonschool gave some Persona 1/2 vibes so it's a game that I'll keep an eye on it.

And I just discovered that NEW BLOOD is doing a Fallout 1/2 styled RPG!

Edit: I forgot about The Alters the concept alone made me interested in it, and Flintlock kind of reminded me of Forspoken though it grabbed my attention more than Forspoken did.

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
So excited for Gloomwood release date, probably my game of the show season. Also interested in Victoria 3 and Demonschool.

Ark is free to keep on Steam, so I thought I would check it out on a whim, but holy moley it is 300+ gigs. Ay dios mio, no thank you. I need to clear up a lot of space or get another drive.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Pretend I know nothing of the Persona series. I saw the Demonschool trailer, was intrigued, but everyone is throwing around Persona like it's a huge selling point - what about that game makes it 'Persona-like' and why is that good?
School setting, teenagers, horror, turn based combats, on a grid like the first two Persona. The reference is obvious even in the flashy ribbon UI. The big difference is graphical, but also the game seem to go for a classical manga aesthetic for the portraits.

I’m still not sure about the combats whose animations look a tad slow, but other than that, yeah gimme.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Pretend I know nothing of the Persona series. I saw the Demonschool trailer, was intrigued, but everyone is throwing around Persona like it's a huge selling point - what about that game makes it 'Persona-like' and why is that good?
Keep in mind that Persona 1 and 2 are very different from the other games but they kind of follow a "formula".

In a general way you play as students who are fighting against demons, between those moments you need to manage your school life and build relationship with other characters.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
These are more like Persona 1-2 you know the ones that ATLUS "forgets" about.

After the P25 thing it's almost for sure going back to pretending that they don't exist.

In P1-2 you deal with fighting demons at a highschool. You don't do that in Persona 3-5 instead you fight "shadows".

This might backfire on the dev team actually since the gameplay for those earlier games is not for everyone.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So many long awaited games coming to PC it feels like all dreams slowly coming true. There is so little left that I really want on Steam.

Just off the top of my head.

Demon Souls
Bloodborne
DQ8
FFtactics
Bayonetta 2
Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection

If we can just get some of these over the next couple years it would be icing on the cake.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
So many long awaited games coming to PC it feels like all dreams slowly coming true. There is so little left that I really want on Steam.

Demon Souls
Bloodborne
DQ8
FFtactics
Bayonetta 2

If we can just get some of these over the next couple years it would be icing on the cake.
Pretty much this for me as well. For me it would be:

1. Bloodborne
2. Bloodborne
3. Bloooooooboooooorne
4. BLOODBORNE
5. Demon's Souls
6. FFXVI & IX Remake
7. MGS Legacy Collection
8. Gears Collection
9. Ghost of Tsushima

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018

Demon Souls
Bloodborne
DQ8
FFtactics
Bayonetta 2

God yes.

There's no chance we get Bayo though unless fucking Nintendo gets on the PC train. I have a feeling the heat death of the universe happens first tho.

• Eyes

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

I would slow down a bit there. They secured three ancient persona ports and also the team ninja game is still coming to PS4/5. And by all rumors I've seen this kojima project is a small thing while he's making a bigger game that probably will be PS exclusive (word is they even turned down this cloud game which is how it came to MS at all) If persona 6 is multiplat then THAT would be the big win for MS

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Thinking about it, every problem with PC gamepass stems from how it's conjoined to Xbox. Like, the whole reason they're still sticking to the Windows Store in spite of it being a pile of crap is likely down to it streamlining a lot of the cross-platform aspects, which I'm willing to bet are considered a higher priority than the service functioning. That mindset probably extends to how bare-bones the service is; it's not actually meant to compete with Steam, it's there to bring the rest of the Xbox business up, basically the same as every company-specific storefront.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I would slow down a bit there. They secured three ancient persona ports and also the team ninja game is still coming to PS4/5. And by all rumors I've seen this kojima project is a small thing while he's making a bigger game that probably will be PS exclusive (word is they even turned down this cloud game which is how it came to MS at all) If persona 6 is multiplat then THAT would be the big win for MS
The big game is most likely Death Stranding 2. But I really don't see Kojima going too small in any way with the cloud game. He always goes big. And the horror game will probably be AAAA compared to the industry standards. Just look what he did with Death Stranding after being booted by Konami and with some of his old team + some help form Guerrilla he pretty much made the biggest AAA game over the past 5 years not counting RDR2. And he only needed a little more than 3 years to do it. He is too ambitious to go small. If Microsoft fronted him $$$ its gonna be a very big game. MGSV was like a 5 fold jump over MGS4 in terms of size/scope/design. And somehow he basically outdid himself again with Death Stranding imo.

But yea neither Xbox nor PS is recognizable to me today compared to like 5-8 years ago. Those games were big reasons for many (including myself) to buy PS4 over Xbox one. And seeing those names in the Xbox showcase today is crazy. Even Multi its a big win for Xbox I agree. And I think you will see it more n more because Gamepass piggy bank gives Phil a lot of advantages they didn't have last gen.

• Eyes

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I’m still excited for the persona announcement, P5 was the only game that I still had no way to play without a ps4 and probably my most wanted port together with the utawarerumono series.
The latter has been on PC for a while and the former will be soon, and the amount of games I’d like to see ported is now zero.

incredible stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.