Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Also, I've been trying to go through Yakuza 5 for a while. I'm normally a big fan of the series, but I'm having the hardest time to keep going through it. Part 1 was pretty good, but oh my god part 2. It drags on for so long and the end where Baba reveals that he's the bad guy or whatever was way too melodramatic even by Yakuza standard.
I've read that part 3 wasn't much better, so right now I have no drive to finish it, which kinds of suck to be honest...
Kinda glad I dropped (extended break?) series after reading this
Y4 was a real slog, the amount of betrayal twists ridiculous even by series standards that it was real hard by the end to tell what was going on anymore, and the games have been getting real repetitive now as someone who only cares about the main story

debating watching a LP or something for Y5+6
I’ll probably try LAD at some point on game pass given it’s so different
Wanted to try Judgment games but it doesn’t seem that different from core Yakuza from what I’ve read

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Kinda glad I dropped (extended break?) series after reading this
Y4 was a real slog, the amount of betrayal twists ridiculous even by series standards that it was real hard by the end to tell what was going on anymore, and the games have been getting real repetitive now as someone who only cares about the main story
Yeah, playing the games in short succession is pretty exhausting. I devoured Yakuza Zero but it took me longer and longer to get through the following ones and I did less and less side-stuff.
Right now I'm at the beginning of 4 and don't really think I'll be making progress anytime soon. I need a long break before I can get back to that series.

I don't think any of the games are bad, but they are very big and very samey.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Also, I've been trying to go through Yakuza 5 for a while. I'm normally a big fan of the series, but I'm having the hardest time to keep going through it. Part 1 was pretty good, but oh my god part 2. It drags on for so long and the end where Baba reveals that he's the bad guy or whatever was way too melodramatic even by Yakuza standard.
I've read that part 3 wasn't much better, so right now I have no drive to finish it, which kinds of suck to be honest...

Part 2 is definitely the lowest point, cuz all the dreamwalking moments are the most pointless fillers.
But ithought Chapter 3 is amazing.
It's just not at all what you'd expect from Yakuza, gameplaywise.

I am curious how well P5R will do on Steam.

Only 2 months after Soul Hackers 2 will probably hurt sales a bit. And it will be near full price too (40-50$).

P3P will do really well I think as it should only be 20$ like P4G.

Also Persona 5 Strikers should get a boost in sales after P5R hits the market. I know I will be much more interested in finally buying it after playing P5R.
Soul Hackers won't hurt Persona 5 sales.
The majority of Persona fans don't care for SMT. :AnnoyedKawakami:

It'll easily sell 1M+

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I am curious how well P5R will do on Steam.

Only 2 months after Soul Hackers 2 will probably hurt sales a bit. And it will be near full price too (40-50$).

P3P will do really well I think as it should only be 20$ like P4G.

Also Persona 5 Strikers should get a boost in sales after P5R hits the market. I know I will be much more interested in finally buying it after playing P5R.
It will more than likely be the other way around. People may skip Soul Hackers because they know P5R is on the horizon.

Unknown quantity versus one of the best reviewed games of the last console generation that has been requested for years on every platform under the sun.

That said, I doubt the impact will be more than minimal either way. Soul Hackers 2 will likely not sell great because it seems not even Atlus believes in it, and Steam will become one of Persona 5 Royal’s best platforms and cement the series’ place on PC.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

^Nice job!
Reminds I still have one spinning disk (E-drive), maybe I should correct the situation. Others are SSD :D

These games are so big nowadays...

Last edited:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
There are so many gems from that era that I'd love to see on PC: Mad World, Shadows of the damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, Condemned 2 and of course Red Dead Redemption 1.

I personally believe that Rockstar lost RDR1 source code completely, because a remaster of that game would sell like hot cakes.
My main problem with Splatterhouse is there is no way to play them on modern platforms.
RDR1 really looks pretty cool on OneX/SeriesX.
But Splatterhouse isn’t backwards compatible and considering it was a licensed game by Activision this won’t change and even on RPCS3 is unplayable by now :( (my only hope for the future.)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
500-600 USD is my bet
Given the price of the Index, even without the base stations, is 800€, I'd be surprised if the Deckard was much cheaper than that. I guess it's possible if valve either managed to reduce the price of components, which doesn't seem super likely, as it will probably have a better screen and other improved components, or Valve is willing to sell it much closer to cost, similar to the 64GB Deck.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, I think it will be a tough challenge to go sub 600USD for the Deckard. If they could, then wow, sign me up.

The headset with onboard processing could easily go ~500USD alone considering the current Index headset is 500USD. Then it is whether controllers are and/or base stations needed.

In my ideal world, controllers and base stations would be optional, but supported. In this way base stations could serve to enhance tracking and add more options for full body tracking, but not required. I still think controllers should be included, but maybe we will get more options there for pricing.
I only assigned generic names to my network shares … and they're at critical mass. Halp.

The amount of storage

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Was wanting to play The Quarry but a fucking 2K launcher popped up whenever i pressed play, spent 2 minutes installing an update and then crashing, over and over again until i linked the launch options in the steam properties of the game directly to the games .exed

ITS JUST A FUCKING LAUNCHER

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
gimme Shadows of the Damned too Kadokawa
Wasn't there some news somewhat recently that they secured the rights from EA? I would assume this means remasters of both games are on the way. At least, I fucking hope so. They're definitely on my list of "why the hell isn't it on Steam!?" games. Shadows of the Damned is great and I never got the chance to try out Lollipop Chainsaw.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
The cycle of Bethesda Games:

1. HYPE HYPE HYPE new game is coming out
2. After the gameplay reveal: dont_believe_his_lies.jpg
3. The corporate fanatics come out: look at how much bigger this is, how many more lines of dialog, how cool this looks, don't believe the haters
4. game comes out: WHY DID I BELIEVE TODD HOWARD?
5. After a few years: it was either bad or a good experience with some issues

Status
Not open for further replies.