Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
It really is quite absurd to see stuff like 900% over Valve suggested price in there. Like I'm sure Valve's suggestions aren't perfect but jeez.
I sure hope Valve stops letting devs change the recommended pricing per region. Want to sell to Argentina at 900% surplus? Sure, but euro and dollar prices are increased accordingly. Let's see all those gatekeeping jerks cry a river when they have to pay $900 for a indie game.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
I sure hope Valve stops letting devs change the recommended pricing per region. Want to sell to Argentina at 900% surplus? Sure, but euro and dollar prices are increased accordingly. Let's see all those gatekeeping jerks cry a river when they have to pay $900 for a indie game.
Would be good if they did this, but let's be honest, they never will.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Back from Switzerland! Man what a beautiful country. Had a wonderful trip.

Got a chance to dig into Keplerth after I settled in. Somehow managed to drop 8 hrs. in on my first playthrough, lol.

SUPER enjoying it so far. The loop is great. The RimWorld-esque presentation feels like a warm blanket. Combat is simple but fun. Gene-spicing your character for unique builds is addictive as heck with a ton of options for customization.

It's certainly "one of those", but damn it's a good genre entry.

Speaking of, I absolutely love China & surrounding region takes on established Western formulas in the strat/sim/mgmt genres. More often than not, I've noticed that they build off the foundation and then blow it out with far more systems and depth. It's pretty crazy how detailed the feel compared to their Western equivalents. It's a really neat sub-genre. Recent examples...

XCOM 1 & 2 - Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
Factorio - Dyson Sphere Program
RimWorld - Amazing Cultivation Simulator
Crusader Kings - Plebby Quest (the only "lite" one of the bunch)
Stardew Valley - Immortal Life
Terraria / Crashlands - Keplerth
Harvest Moon - My Time At Portia / Sandrock
Project Highrise - Lobotomy Corporation

At this point I'm a pretty big fan and will always give releases of this type a closer look upon discovery.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Do you guys have any expectations for tomorrow's State of Play?

Personally, I'd love to see an FFXVI trailer, I feel like that game got announced ages ago.
FWIW, I'm expecting something Resident Evil related. Every platform currently has RE games on sale which seems to be more than a coincidence. Whether it's something as mundane as RE8 DLC or something as massive as RE4 Remake, who knows?

Also if HL Alyx gets announced for the PS VR 2, it's either today or probably never.

Would be good if they did this, but let's be honest, they never will.
Valve has always been hands off, but they're probably scared of negative PR and being portrayed as bullies if they put their foot down. It sucks poorer regions get hosed.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Not Valve's fault if publishers dislike money. People are just not going to buy those games and/or pirate them, their loss.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Back from Switzerland! Man what a beautiful country. Had a wonderful trip.

Got a chance to dig into Keplerth after I settled in. Somehow managed to drop 8 hrs. in on my first playthrough, lol.

SUPER enjoying it so far. The loop is great. The RimWorld-esque presentation feels like a warm blanket. Combat is simple but fun. Gene-spicing your character for unique builds is addictive as heck with a ton of options for customization.

It's certainly "one of those", but damn it's a good genre entry.

Speaking of, I absolutely love China & surrounding region takes on established Western formulas in the strat/sim/mgmt genres. More often than not, I've noticed that they build off the foundation and then blow it out with far more systems and depth. It's pretty crazy how detailed the feel compared to their Western equivalents. It's a really neat sub-genre. Recent examples...

XCOM 1 & 2 - Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
Factorio - Dyson Sphere Program
RimWorld - Amazing Cultivation Simulator
Crusader Kings - Plebby Quest (the only "lite" one of the bunch)
Stardew Valley - Immortal Life
Terraria / Crashlands - Keplerth
Harvest Moon - My Time At Portia / Sandrock
Project Highrise - Lobotomy Corporation

At this point I'm a pretty big fan and will always give releases of this type a closer look upon discovery.
Such great post. Thank you so much for the comparison game list. I was awared of all of them but now you have just made me to wishlist more games I cant afford :(

Truly, from my heart, you are such a great curator. Can't say no to Aaron seal of approval!!!

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I am at the least more excited for Playstation's showcase than for Xbox's.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
New thread, yay

- EA always releases the crappiest version of Madden and FIFA on PC. It's disgusting.

- Nice to see Call of Duty back on Steam. Blizzard games next pls.

Reactions: xinek and Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
CommodoreKong well, looks like it's coming true (what you posted on ERA from here xD) if it happens and you want to bump it, please credit InquisitorAles and Arsene (he's on ERA) as they helped me with that ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.