Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea only a 30 minute showcase for Sony is kind of weak.

Their main show will probably be in Sept again and will be much longer.

They probably don't want Xbox or Nintendo to steal all the headlines this month so they pushed out wtvr they could for today. I don't really see any megatons but PSVR2 release date and price will push PR mode for them.

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have a Steam key for Command and Conquer Remastered, If Found and Genesis Noir if anyone is interested, pay whatever you want. From Humble Choice.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

New update for G-Darius. Adds new variants of the game (ver 2 revision, an HD version of that revision, and a console port), a training mode, a setting to disable the slowdown and let the game run faster than the arcade versions would, and a few other odds and ends. Feels weird seeing a shmup get post-launch support on Steam, but I'll take it.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm alive and finally set up the office! My goodness what a drive it was from NY to Texas. I know I said 1-week, but it ended up being 2 weeks. (Well driving was only 3-days). Spent a lot of time resting, and unpacking slowly. Exploring the property (23 acres!) sightseeing and stargazing! I'm about ~40mins from Austin TX, up in the hill country and it's just so beautiful. Here the sky goes on forever, there's no light pollution at night so the stars are easily visible and even the Galactic center. (My first time seeing it with my own eyes!) The food is so yummy too, and spicy actually means something down here.

From Tokyo, to NY, and now Texas. What a journey life has been. :giggle:

As always, thanks for the thread Mor
I'm glad to be back online again, let's have a good June MC! :hugging-face:
(Now I've got a ton of catching up to do!)
Not game related, but the view of an unpolluted night sky is something no where near enough people ever experience, or ever get to experience. It's fantastic. All those "fancy" photos of the Milky Way? You can just see that, with your eyes.

Light pollution is something my dad felt strongly about and tried to petition local towns to implement measures, but it never really gained traction. It likely saves money long term but costs money up front to buy the right kind of light fixtures and lighting. You'd never eliminate light pollution in cities, but we can reduce it significantly while also improving our actual lighting setup in general Also not exactly a high-profile problem compared to gestures at everything as much as I'd love to be able to see the sky again myself.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Don't get me wrong I'm excited for Returnal on PC and a just a little for Sackboy, but choosing these games as the next PC ports is kinda baffling to me having guaranteed best seller on your plate like Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, Last of Us, Uncharted Nathan Drake collection, Shadow of the Colossus Remake and Forbidden West. I feel like that's gonna be it for this year then, 4 ports: God of War, Ucharted LoTC, Sackboy, and Returnal.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Not game related, but the view of an unpolluted night sky is something no where near enough people ever experience, or ever get to experience. It's fantastic. All those "fancy" photos of the Milky Way? You can just see that, with your eyes.

Light pollution is something my dad felt strongly about and tried to petition local towns to implement measures, but it never really gained traction. It likely saves money long term but costs money up front to buy the right kind of light fixtures and lighting. You'd never eliminate light pollution in cities, but we can reduce it significantly while also improving our actual lighting setup in general Also not exactly a high-profile problem compared to gestures at everything as much as I'd love to be able to see the sky again myself.
This is something I want to see before I die. The problem is, in the UK, there are very few places where it is possible to see the night sky properly.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
For those who like R18 games I really enjoyed Midnight Castle Succubus DX, Castle in The Clouds DX and Tower and Sword of Succubus, quite cool trilogy.
put 13 hours in the first one XD, it was like Castlevania NES games and the third one is like Zelda.

Last edited:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I'm alive and finally set up the office! My goodness what a drive it was from NY to Texas. I know I said 1-week, but it ended up being 2 weeks. (Well driving was only 3-days). Spent a lot of time resting, and unpacking slowly. Exploring the property (23 acres!) sightseeing and stargazing! I'm about ~40mins from Austin TX, up in the hill country and it's just so beautiful. Here the sky goes on forever, there's no light pollution at night so the stars are easily visible and even the Galactic center. (My first time seeing it with my own eyes!) The food is so yummy too, and spicy actually means something down here.

Never lived anywhere too urban, but my old hometown all those years ago at night sometimes we'd lay out in the yard and see tons of stars at night. Then I moved to a more urban area, and I'm lucky to make out the moon (joking, that's what future people will say).

But anyways every so often we make a trip to the woods, to the least populated area in the state. At night, besides being scary because you're in the woods and it's absolute pitch black, if you look up you can see the stars and make out the milky way clearly. Like it looks like a science fiction photograph. I love it. I've never made out the galactic center per se, but where our galaxy is vs where it's not our galaxy is super clear.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Ok ReCore encounters in final level are so bad. Between game breaking bugs, stupid enemy locking (no game i don't want to lock my aim to stupid flying enemies when I am getting pounded by x10 times stronger ground enemy) and unresponsive controls this part is complete sh*t show. And just to be clear encounters are not hard when they work but 90% of the time you get either unresponsive controls suddenly or some kind of stupid bug.

And sometimes enemies just throw everything they can at the same time at you so you can't do anything.

From design perspective what's the point of the dash when you can't outrun enemies with it or evade most of them? Why there is no dodge in the game. And throwing sh*t ton of enemies at player in small arena is not challenging, it is frustrating.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Have you had BBQ yet

And how big is your cowboy hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.