Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Team Fortress 2 got an update

5 dollars that vnn will make a video detailing how this will change tf2's future alongside the 10 mvm updates and 2000 major updates that he heard about from someone in valve

i even remember when i told him that p3p and p5r would come to steam in his discord a year ago and he went like "no lol"

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well if 3 platforms did 1 mill in 2 months, but Steam did 300k in 10 days, I would say Steam did great.
Sure, what I meant is that it did within what developers expected but much quicker.
They could have had a really big launch had they avoided exclusivity. Comparison with Mordhau:

Hopefully they fleeced our boy Tim to make up for that :evilblob:
Aye, I agree that it could have been potentially bigger but sadly we will never know :(

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks for the kind words. I would never recommend a foreigner to work and live in Japan unless you truly know what you are getting into. Great place to travel to but not a great place to live (as in, work and maintain a normal daily life). As a foreigner, there are many frustrating stuff to handle, too, especially for those who are not well-versed on the language.

Going to start working out after getting home so that I can keep myself in shape. Many of my coworkers suffer from back pain due to lack of exercise and the long working hours. Oh, I also bought my DS Lite to work so I can play Mario & Luigi RPG on the train. The commuting becomes a thousand times more bearable today. I love handheld consoles.
I'd never work in Japan unless I'm making seven figures, and that ain't happening, so I'm content with wanting to go there as a tourist.
Aren't these games like, from the xbox 360 launch

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
hey i just remembered that people like anime A LOT on this board, because who doesn't love anime?

i bring this up because the One Punch Man community is in flames after the most recent comic came out

here's a short, simple and funny fun fun summary of what happens (dont see if you want spoilers about this awesome and cool event):
EVERYONE GETS FUCKING CANCER, THE RADIATION FROM GAROU'S FUCKING PUNCHES AND ATTACKS ARE LITERAL GAMMA BEAMS, THERE ARE SO MANY PANELS OF THE CHARACTERS YOU FUCKING LOVE LITERALLY FUCKING DYING FROM RADIATION POISONING AND CANCER (YEAH, NO THIS ISN'T SOME WILD GUESS, WE'RE TALKING HAIR IS FALLING OFF, BLOOD SPEWING OUT OF NOSE AND MOUTH, THIS GAROU MF IS FUCKING DEMON CORE UP IN HERE)
AND ALSO GENOS FUCKING DIES
AND SAITAMA IS DOING A "VERY FUCKING SERIOUS PUNCH"

wowzies, such fun

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Thanks for the kind words. I would never recommend a foreigner to work and live in Japan unless you truly know what you are getting into. Great place to travel to but not a great place to live (as in, work and maintain a normal daily life). As a foreigner, there are many frustrating stuff to handle, too, especially for those who are not well-versed on the language.

Going to start working out after getting home so that I can keep myself in shape. Many of my coworkers suffer from back pain due to lack of exercise and the long working hours. Oh, I also bought my DS Lite to work so I can play Mario & Luigi RPG on the train. The commuting becomes a thousand times more bearable today. I love handheld consoles.
Enjoy the DS man (it's a great little machine). And stay safe!

• Comfy
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah, what I meant in that post is that the Origins arranged tracks were based on the limited midis of the 1990s PC Sonic 3, instead of the better sounding mega drive prototype.
Ah, but yeah even the prototype songs sound terrible to me... Like it's at that grating level that makes me not want to play the game.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Ah, but yeah even the prototype songs sound terrible to me... Like it's at that grating level that makes me not want to play the game.
Hmm, personally I prefer the prototype over the release version:

From the 3 zones with replaced tracks (carnival night, ice cap, launch base), ice cap is really the only one I prefer the release version over the prototype.
Just meh that Origins arrangements sound mostly worse than the prototype versions (except for ice cap act 2 which seems to be the same as the prototype?).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
As the 30 series cards have been coming back in stock and dropping in price, the temptation to just get one while I can has been steadily increasing and I finally reached my breaking point. This one came back in stock priced at basically the exact amount of money I had saved up. I couldn't resist.

Plus, I had sort of given up hope of being able to get a white GPU to fit the rest of my PC so I'm really happy about that. The rumored power draw of the 40 series also has me nervous about my 850W PSU and, again, I'm not sure I'd be able to find a replacement that fits the white theme of my PC.

I'll probably regret it a little when they announce the 40 series (depending on what they announce) but since I won't be going beyond 1440p/144hz for the foreseeable future a 3080 should be plenty for my needs.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

from Alien Isolation to this, smh
I am just annoyed that the games premise is:

"Join HYENAS, a new multiplayer sci-fi FPS. Team up with your pack to steal priceless pop culture loot from the Mars billionaires and rival crews."

And we see them stealing Rubik's Cubes and Sonic merch wearing Richard Nixon masks. Like it is trying to make a statement without going the full way, like oh no, do not steal Elon Musk's Hatsune Miku body pillow. That is so mean, way to stick it to them billionares :blobclosecry:

But hey, by keeping it PG, think of all the product placement tie-in opportunities! :hugging-face:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
As the 30 series cards have been coming back in stock and dropping in price, the temptation to just get one while I can has been steadily increasing and I finally reached my breaking point. This one came back in stock priced at basically the exact amount of money I had saved up. I couldn't resist.

Plus, I had sort of given up hope of being able to get a white GPU to fit the rest of my PC so I'm really happy about that. The rumored power draw of the 40 series also has me nervous about my 850W PSU and, again, I'm not sure I'd be able to find a replacement that fits the white theme of my PC.

I'll probably regret it a little when they announce the 40 series (depending on what they announce) but since I won't be going beyond 1440p/144hz for the foreseeable future a 3080 should be plenty for my needs.
I'm not expecting great availability on the 40 series, so getting a 30 series card now at the decent price is the way to go I think.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
hey i just remembered that people like anime A LOT on this board, because who doesn't love anime?

i bring this up because the One Punch Man community is in flames after the most recent comic came out

here's a short, simple and funny fun fun summary of what happens (dont see if you want spoilers about this awesome and cool event):

wowzies, such fun
I am waiting a translation of the latest chapter is out until I read your spoiler text, which probably will be tomorrow

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Console users on that other forum and reddit pls stop using the term "PC MASTER RACE" or "PCMR"

the last time we had a discussion about any master races we bumrushed germany so hard they still feelin it and that was 80 years. we bumrushed germany and nuked japan twice to get them to knock off that master race bullshit holy shit

jesus christ people on the internet, GET YER SHIT TOGETHER stfu about PCMR or whatever
Anytime someone talks about master race or any such racist stuff, a portal should open up and both etheral PPShaw and a tommy gun should be pointed at the user the ghost should "BITCH TRY IT. I WISH YOU WOULD" and once the user is scared shitless the portal closes and both weapons disappear

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm still coming to terms with this happening

on a stream that was being watched by tons of people. Really wish they could produce more of these so the hype could snowball.
Like I said when it was streamed, I think it's a potential game changer for some markets, Japan in particular.
A pretty damn cheap, powerful handheld PC that fills the niche of the Switch but with far more games, and still covers everything else you might need from your desktop... and (hopefully one day) all the games are just one and the same on both?

Without supply issues, it's a no brainer for a lot of use cases, from the most casual player that likes the occasional VN and JRPG, to the BR fanatics that watch vtubers, to just... fuck around on the latest social media like Discord.

It's a much, much easier sell to the average player than a big tower. And cheaper too, of course.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I've finished Ninja Turtles twice. It's a fun game with gorgeous sprite artwork and an awesome soundtrack, but there isn't much replayability. There isn't a grading system like Streets of Rage 4 and the movesets for the characters seem pretty similar to each other, but I've only played Donatello and Michelangelo. Still I got my moneys worth, the price of my Game Pass subscription, and had a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.