Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
So after almost giving up on the game a couple of days ago I decided to continue with Death Stranding because supposedly I only had 4 or 5 hours left.
The last chapter broke me though and I uninstalled the game.
Endless ramblings interspersed with periods of literally doing nothing.
Holy shit, it's like it's actually trying to make you quit out of boredom.
Never in my life have I reached the ending of a game and not watched it until the end.

I still recommend the game because the core gameplay is great and I'm glad I gave it a chance but do yourself a favor and skip all the dialogue and cutscenes.

Lol, Sega actually releasing a new Ecco game would blow my fucking mind. I loved those games on the mega drive.

Last edited:

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
So after almost giving up on the game a couple of days ago I decided to continue with Death Stranding because supposedly I only had 4 or 5 hours left.
The last chapter broke me though and I uninstalled the game.
Endless ramblings interspersed with periods of literally doing nothing.
Holy shit, it's like it's actually trying to make you quit out of boredom.
Never in my life have I reached the ending of a game and not watched it until the end.

I still recommend the game because the core gameplay is great and I'm glad I gave it a chance but do yourself a favor and skip all the dialogue and cutscenes.

Lol, Sega actually releasing a new Ecco game would blow my fucking mind. I loved those games on the mega drive.
That's funny because a big chunk of the people that played DS didn't like the gameplay because of how repetitive it could be, but liked the world-building and the whole insanity that come with Kojima games. I only played like 2 hours of it, but I'm planning on finishing it later. (I also heard that the game's last cutscene is like an hour and a half so that's kinda insane lmao)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Every weekday I worked for 10 to 11 hours with 2-hour commuting. Love my job, but this is getting out of hand as I ain't able to touch videogames. Seriously I need a Steam Deck now so that I can game on train. My friend helped me acquire one but somehow it is stuck in the states by USPS for two weeks despite being sent through priority express. :crying-face:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My 2B Prime 1 figure arrived and it's hugeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sadly overpaid $200-300 for it after shipping and other fees. It cost me about $1,050 USD and shipping was about $250USD from Nippon to California for EMS.

Oh well I was desperate and wanted to make sure that I got one so close to May 25th or so I purchased the first one that was available to purchase and yeah......

The DX version would have been nice but there is no way I could justify spending almost 3kUSD on a statue. It sucks how the 2B without the dress is exclusive to the DX version. It is just one part that separates the 2 and I would be happy to spend $200 if they sold that separately which they don't......

I don't really have a space to put her so I just put her on top of my Sony Subwoofer, maybe not the greatest idea since the things weights about 10 pounds, 4.5kg it should hopefully hold for a month or two while I move stuff around.

I am overall impressed and I should really stop buying 2B stuff.... some one help me.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
For the folks who like Choose Your Own Adventure type of games don't sleep on The Hunter's Journal franchise. All the text lines are recorded os it's like an interactive audiobook and the plot was engaging in the both entries (Pale Harbour and Vile Philosophy) I've played. I was so engaged in Vile Philosophy that I even drew a map of a labyrinth you enter so I could explore the whole place and not miss anything, be it a new way to die, an enemy and other things.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
For the folks who like Choose Your Own Adventure type of games don't sleep on The Hunter's Journal franchise. All the text lines are recorded os it's like an interactive audiobook and the plot was engaging in the both entries (Pale Harbour and Vile Philosophy) I've played. I was so engaged in Vile Philosophy that I even drew a map of a labyrinth you enter so I could explore the whole place and not miss anything, be it a new way to die, an enemy and other things.
speaking of which:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
4 am, not sleepy. May have something to do with the surgery I get on Thursday.

Fuck me. My mother is asleep. My cat is asleep. And even Meta is asleep. I’m so excited I"m transcending time and space here. I try really hard to enter the timeline where my anesthesist gives me her name and number,

I have this weird urge to drink a beer grenadine (aka ‘Monaco’). Maybe I’m pregnant.

Last edited:

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Every weekday I worked for 10 to 11 hours with 2-hour commuting. Love my job, but this is getting out of hand as I ain't able to touch videogames.
Wow, thats rough. It's good that you're at a job you enjoy at least, but that kind of schedule is frigging brutal long term. Hope you're keeping close tabs on your health!

I've always dreamed of relocating to Japan, but given the notorious brutality of JP work schedules it's only really a viable option in retirement.:crying-face:

• Comfy
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
While we are here, sharing stories around our virtual campfire, I have a confession to make.
No I’m not insane, I just can at times have a peculiar sense of puns.

So when monthssss ago I said Christ died on a Giant Robot, and nobody noticed because what nonsense is he spouting again… there was a reason.
Grendizer enemies are called Golgoth in French. Christ died on Golgotha. Here. See, it was just a super dumb pun.

Thinks I learned today. Grendizer adversaries are called Saucer Beasts in English.

I can stop living in the shadow of this shameful pun. I’m free. The sky is the limit.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Reading those batch of FFXVI interviews confirmed my worst fears about the direction of this game. They couldn't be deviating further from what makes FF unique and instead are turning it into in some generic character action clone (I guess this is what you get for hiring the DMC V combat guy). A party was confirmed but it's purely AI driven and they're taking notes from AAA open world games despite saying that this isn't going to be open world. I mean they had FF7R sitting right there, it solved the problem of having to mix action combat and jrpg traits like a party. All you had to do was walk across the hall and ask to copy it.

sigh at least Rebirth is coming not long after XVI. I haven't been this uninterested in a mainline FF game since 12 was coming out.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Reading those batch of FFXVI interviews confirmed my worst fears about the direction of this game. They couldn't be deviating further from what makes FF unique and instead are turning it into in some generic character action clone (I guess this is what you get for hiring the DMC V combat guy). A party was confirmed but it's purely AI driven and they're taking notes from AAA open world games despite saying that this isn't going to be open world. I mean they had FF7R sitting right there, it solved the problem of having to mix action combat and jrpg traits like a party. All you had to do was walk across the hall and ask to copy it.

sigh at least Rebirth is coming not long after XVI. I haven't been this uninterested in a mainline FF game since 12 was coming out.
Well, given FFXV we could already see the series was trending this way... given that FFXV heavily outsold FF7R, this probably only pushes them further in an action oriented direction.

I'll keep an open mind about it, as the rest of the tidbits from that interview sounded promising enough. For the record, I also loved FF7R (and its combat system) and bounced off FFXV haha.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
That's a very, very poor decision, that they will come back from.
Which means countless hours of work down the drain, and a lot of crush to actually make other characters playable with the PR team working extra hours to convince everyone that it's "to please the fans and give them a unique gameplay", again.

Boss battles against the decades-old summons we all know and love being gimmicky fights, like a fighting game or a shooter?
You are not Suda.
Just don't.
Also... summons haven't been a jumbled mess that you barely use if ever since FF10 in the franchise...

I'm not expecting much but you never know. Only 20 years of disappointment, X, Y and Z (to not name a near infinity) being bad games is only a fluke, right?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
That's funny because a big chunk of the people that played DS didn't like the gameplay because of how repetitive it could be, but liked the world-building and the whole insanity that come with Kojima games. I only played like 2 hours of it, but I'm planning on finishing it later. (I also heard that the game's last cutscene is like an hour and a half so that's kinda insane lmao)
In my opinion the world building is indeed cool but the story itself is complete garbage. It's not the fun kind of insane like previous Kojima games, it's a torrent of barely coherent boring crap. I agree with the poster you quoted, the gameplay is different and interesting but the story is really, really bad.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
My 2B Prime 1 figure arrived and it's hugeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sadly overpaid $200-300 for it after shipping and other fees. It cost me about $1,050 USD and shipping was about $250USD from Nippon to California for EMS.

Oh well I was desperate and wanted to make sure that I got one so close to May 25th or so I purchased the first one that was available to purchase and yeah......

The DX version would have been nice but there is no way I could justify spending almost 3kUSD on a statue. It sucks how the 2B without the dress is exclusive to the DX version. It is just one part that separates the 2 and I would be happy to spend $200 if they sold that separately which they don't......

I don't really have a space to put her so I just put her on top of my Sony Subwoofer, maybe not the greatest idea since the things weights about 10 pounds, 4.5kg it should hopefully hold for a month or two while I move stuff around.

I am overall impressed and I should really stop buying 2B stuff.... some one help me.
If possible I would like a picture of it standing on your subwoofer :)

• Eyes
Reactions: PC-tan and Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Based on that last trailer I thought there would be no party at all so good that there is something even if AI driven.

The series is long overdue for a change of some sort. I always thought 16 would be some card game or F2P thing as they would be chasing trends. But it doesn't look all that bad imo. Seems like a middle of the road action game. As long as the story is interesting it should be fine. I loved XV more than most but the game was so ambitious it wound up being the true jack of all trades master of none FF. They need to settle down with this one so hopefully it has a good beginning, middle and end.

I would love for them to eventually make a Souls like FF game. Something very slow and punishing like the first Dark Souls. That would be my dream mainline FF game at this point with the exception of a return to turn based ofc but that is never happening.

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Sonic Origins, turns out the new arrangements of the prototype music for Sonic 3 are arguably worse than the prototype versions:

First half of the video is the prototype version, at 01:09 starts the Sonic Origins version (it sounds muffled apparently because of being captured with the PS5 built-in capture function?):

Thankfully fans will almost certainly mod these on PC, either with the release tracks, or with better versions of the prototype tracks.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
The situation about FF XVI is unfortunate. I like its darker look but the more they reveal about this game the more disinterested I become. I wish SE would try to make another mainline FF entry similar to FF XII - semi-open world, plenty of exploration, and a great combat system. You could even control your party members and create your own AI with Gambit. Who would have thought something like this is possible :shrugblob:

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Dandy

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
I'm honestly surprised that people still play Fall Guys. It always looked like a meme game to me that would be popular for a month and then disappear.
I was playing it to get Kizuna Ai’s skin when was colab event, then never touched again.

• Eyes

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Sonic Origins, turns out the new arrangements of the prototype music for Sonic 3 are arguably worse than the prototype versions:

First half of the video is the prototype version, at 01:09 starts the Sonic Origins version (it sounds muffled apparently because of being captured with the PS5 built-in capture function?):

Thankfully fans will almost certainly mod these on PC, either with the release tracks, or with better versions of the prototype tracks.
It sounds so so bad. It sounds like a bad 3rd party unlicensed Master System game.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Hmm, I'm not seeing anything like that.

Hopefully it's just a bug, although I don't really need cloud TBH because I only ever play on this PC :V
I don't think Deux Ex actually has cloud save support at all, at least according to steamdb.
So it's a steam client bug, maybe it's trying to sync something even when the game hasn't been configured to do so. FYI I also launched Deus Ex and got the error after quitting.

• Eyes
Reactions: Stevey and Tomasety

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
In my opinion the world building is indeed cool but the story itself is complete garbage. It's not the fun kind of insane like previous Kojima games, it's a torrent of barely coherent boring crap. I agree with the poster you quoted, the gameplay is different and interesting but the story is really, really bad.
This. The world and the whole concept are cool, but the characters spend the whole game rambling about complete nonsense and the way the scenes are edited and written is just abysmally bad. The final info dump couldn't possibly be more boring. I spent over 40 hours to finish the game and literally turned it off halfway through the ending. I actually said out loud to myself "wtf am I doing?" lol.

But give it time to win you over and the gameplay becomes very engaging. You really feel Sam fighting against the terrain as you traverse it. You'll become obsessed with trying to deliver as much as possible with every run which can bring a whole set of problems to solve.
Combat provides very cool moments as well. You can take out a guy, grap whatever he was carrying midair while he is falling to the ground and immediately smash another guy's face with that same object in a single fluid motion.
Some of the gadgets you unlock to facilitate traversal are awesome and become such a game changer after enduring traversal on foot.
The
zipline
blew my mind.
And the game looks amazing. The quality of the materials and characters is top notch and you'll see some incredible and surreal vistas due to the game's peculiar setting.

And one point I became obsessed with building roads and started grinding materials with that obsession of building just one more bit, and then another.

It's a shame that such an amazing cast was wasted on this nonsense, I wish Kojima sticked to game design and coming up with the concept and delegated the writing to someone else.

About Sonic, I'm so glad that on PC shit like this can be fixed with mods. Jesus Christ, this is adding insult to injury.

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
Fall Guys was fun when it came out but severely lacked content, getting repetitive really fast. By the time it got significant content updates I'd already moved on. Its not a bad game, fun silly party game.

• Eyes

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Fall Guys failed the most important part of a party game, the party aspect. There's no social aspects to it, you just play wuth randos.

Mario Party, Gang Beasts, Garticphone and all are made to be played with an increasing large amount of friends. Fall Guys isn't, it's made to be played in your little corner, raging away and tryharding to win against unknown people.
They went the MOBA route of multiplayer rather than the fun party route despite the name.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Japanese work ethics rearing its ugly head yet again. :flare_woozy:

I'm only half joking, but do take care of yourself. :flare_bath:
Wow, thats rough. It's good that you're at a job you enjoy at least, but that kind of schedule is frigging brutal long term. Hope you're keeping close tabs on your health!

I've always dreamed of relocating to Japan, but given the notorious brutality of JP work schedules it's only really a viable option in retirement.:crying-face:
Thanks for the kind words. I would never recommend a foreigner to work and live in Japan unless you truly know what you are getting into. Great place to travel to but not a great place to live (as in, work and maintain a normal daily life). As a foreigner, there are many frustrating stuff to handle, too, especially for those who are not well-versed on the language.

Going to start working out after getting home so that I can keep myself in shape. Many of my coworkers suffer from back pain due to lack of exercise and the long working hours. Oh, I also bought my DS Lite to work so I can play Mario & Luigi RPG on the train. The commuting becomes a thousand times more bearable today. I love handheld consoles.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I would say it did within the expected, let's say all platforms were equally distributed at 333k in those 2 months, then Steam has been faster, however I would say it's difficult to know without official wording and split.
Well if 3 platforms did 1 mill in 2 months, but Steam did 300k in 10 days, I would say Steam did great.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Team Fortress 2 got an update

Status
Not open for further replies.