Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Please Valve, break out curators and publisher/developers from the curator follower list and let me follow more than 100. Please I beg you :blobclosecry:

There are so many curators and publishers/developers I want to follow, but the 100 limit gets chewed up fast. It is nice to have more notices from some curators and news on releases. Publisher/developer pages as a whole need one more tiny pass over them and cleaned up. They are actually really useful pages to have, especially for companies with a large number of releases.

Also, I am still surprised there is not just a substore on Steam for all things DLC with the easy ability to quickly filter to DLC available for games you own.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
MHR is up to 174k right now. 200k isn't impossible this weekend.

"Steam China" games are visible normally in regular Steam to those outside China, right? I am a bit confused how far this split goes
Correct. Steam China is the censored version of Steam but it still has the same app IDs as global Steam. Just a simple example:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
The art style reminds me of cubist paintings, like Picasso or Braque a bit. I am not saying that's where the inspiration of it comes from now, no clue, but I am saying the weird and strange look is very interesting and novel in this medium.

It's pretty funny that so many (capital G) "Gamers" get angry when people doubt that games are art. But if a developer actually challenges your expectations of how a game should look or work? Well, let's pick up our pitchforks and burn them at the stake, I guess. The gaming audience continues to be the most consistent source of embarrassment in this medium.
I've always loved an aspect all art shares in that it acts as a mirror which reflects pieces of the observer. A narrow point of view is reflected right back in their face in the guise of a urinal, and it's evoking feelings. It's doing its job.

All one has to say is that "this means something". That's how any Rorschach test is presented.

This game popped up in my discovery queue...

and i noticed that our resident indie game expert Aaron D. has it so i took a chance and bought it and so far its pretty good. Fairly basic combat and visual style but it seems like a pretty large, interesting world to explore.
Yea, I watched a couple YouTube reviews and the consensus seemed to be that mystery and exploration is the star of the show.

Which as a certified Bethesda "wanderlust" game junkie, works just fine for me.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Literally ever Steam page I visit says "1 friend wants this game" and it's always your Avatar 🤣
At some point it stops being a wishlist and starts just being a second store. There isn't enough time in a human life to play that many games. You need to prune that wishlist lashman lol. Mine is sitting at like 400 and I've been meaning to trim it down for a while because I'm clearly not interested enough in most of those games to actually buy them since they just keep piling up.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Literally ever Steam page I visit says "1 friend wants this game" and it's always your Avatar 🤣
you're welcome :p

At some point it stops being a wishlist and starts just being a second store. There isn't enough time in a human life to play that many games. You need to prune that wishlist lashman lol. Mine is sitting at like 400 and I've been meaning to trim it down for a while because I'm clearly not interested enough in most of those games to actually buy them since they just keep piling up.
naaaah, i'm WAY too lazy to do that :p

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So what are the best games to put an RTX card through its paces? I already have Amid Evil, Quake II, Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal and Deathloop. I also bought Lego Builder's Journey this morning after someone pointed out to me how insanely good it looks with RTX on. Anything else?

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
So what are the best games to put an RTX card through its paces? I already have Amid Evil, Quake II, Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal and Deathloop. I also bought Lego Builder's Journey this morning after someone pointed out to me how insanely good it looks with RTX on. Anything else?
Control, Cyberpunk, Ghostwire maybe?

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
Bright Memory Infinite

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Lol sorry, didn't think of them when making the list but I've already played Control and Cyberpunk. And I bought Ghostwire a few days ago. If I can forget about games I already own then that's probably a sign that I have enough for now. 🤡

I was mostly asking in case there were some lesser known games that might've flown under my radar. For example, I hadn't heard of that Lego game until yesterday. I'll go through that list you posted, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.