Community MetaSteam | June 2024 - Let's conquer this kingdom with some pure hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
With last night US Presidential debate I am now sure (I was confident before) that there is nonsane and normal politician on this planet at this time.
I don't understand American politics. How is it possible that there's only choice between a capitalistic madman and an old fart with one foot in the grave in a democratic country?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

Oskar Guilbert, CEO at DON'T NOD, says "We know that many of our fans are eagerly awaiting this game, just as they are the recently announced next installment of Life is Strange. Let's give both titles the space they need to be enjoyed by our players within the large community we have built. We firmly believe that the wait for Bloom & Rage will be worth it. We look forward to sharing this new adventure, which we hope will become another memorable chapter in the DON'T NOD universe."
DON'T NOD has delayed Lost Records: Bloom & Rage til early 2025 to avoid competing with the next Life is Strange.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Currently on vacation. Bought a bunch odmf games (will list later). Currently playing some more OlliOlli World before I tackle Pepper Grinder. The Steam Deck is just lovely. Kinda makes me want the OLED version for better battery life.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I don't understand American politics. How is it possible that there's only choice between a capitalistic madman and an old fart with one foot in the grave in a democratic country?
The answer is that the US is a barely functioning democracy. Because there are only two major political parties, despite many people not liking either of them, the two will crush any attempts to get a third party candidate elected to almost any office. Almost every district uses a winner takes all system for the seats meaning that there is no propositional representation for any party other than the winner. So first place is literally all that matters in every race. Voting for any third party is literally throwing away your vote, sadly.

The country is a joke. Debates like last night are pointless theater. Everyone I know made up their minds months or years ago. The only variable will be turnout. Hard to get motivated to vote with garbage candidates like this. I mean at least one isn't a convicted rapist and felon, but that's a pretty fucking low bar.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wish I could remember the exact quote but there was this quote from Star Wars Andor that goes along the lines of people will be focused on which of the options that you have laid out for them, without really realizing that you hardly gave them much of an opinion to start with.

There are some many people in the US that are likely way more qualified and yet we are spending so many time focusing on just these two that we don't really think about other options of try to change the election system at all. If anything hasn't it only become more restrictive? And I'm not talking about voter id laws and all that but there the way that the electoral collage and all of that works and how the two main parties decide to just have 1 candidate run. I'm sure that there would be more qualified Democrats and Republicans than the two options we have right now that could do a better job. The funny thing right now as well is that there actually seems to be some effort in Congress right now to be more bipartisan which is just Insane!!!!!!!!!! Up into this point both parties want it to be there way or the highway. So you are seeing some more efforts on the behalf of some people to meet somewhere in the middle and actually get stuff done. Maybe once the older Congress people pass away, we might see either more of that, or we will see an even larger divide than ever before.

PS that quote that I mentioned was from an imperial officer.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Looking at my wishlist through GGDeals for stuff that is both very cheap and deck verified, looks like I can pick up Mad Max, Amnesia The Bunker and Tales of Vesperia for under 10€ total.
I'm not even halfway through SMTV and Jeanne D'Arc though so I might hold back from buying anything.
Having a great time revisiting Jeanne after all these years. What a gem. The amount of anime cutscenes sprinkled throughout the game is impressive, even if they're short.

I'm also going through Stein's Gate My Darling's Embrace but I'm already on the last route. I will never get tired of these characters, I just can't get enough. It's really annoying that Phenogram is bundled with Steins Gate Elite.

Just realized I got a foil from Stein's Gate. I think this is my first. It's going for about the same amount I paid for the game lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Reactions: QFNS and moemoneyb1
Dec 5, 2018

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Will we ever get an age restriction on presidential candidates? Also it seems like it's an ego thing. Realistic who wants to be president? Not sane people that's for sure.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Will we ever get an age restriction on presidential candidates? Also it seems like it's an ego thing. Realistic who wants to be president? Not sane people that's for sure.
I'm sure that would require a constitutional amendment in the US and that's about a 0% chance of any new amendments being added to the constitution.

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Damn I missed that sweet Metaphor price too.

Though I mean my immediate time is completely booked with Elden Ring DLC and the Trail through Daybreak coming very soon.

I hear that new Trails game is another PH3 banger, so Durante has blessed us with some awesome features.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So much stuff on sale but I don't feel like buying anything tbh
So much stuff on sale I bought but I don't feel like playing anything I bought tbh
Still too early to be buying stuff. The sale lasts until July 11th.

For now...

• Add a bunch of games to your cart
  • Start procrastinating and doubting
  • Wait for the cart to delete itself
  • Add games to your cart again and add other stuff you won't ever play
  • See what happens with humble choice next week
  • trim down your cart some more
  • add a few more things that aren't even on your wishlist.
  • remove other things

and finally buy wtvr remains in your cart.

This is how you seal

Also remember you can refund :cool:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I originally planned to buy a niche VN on Switch for $50, but ultimately decided to put the money on Steam sale. Just finished spending them on 8 games. Talk about a good change of plan. :face-savouring-delicious-food:

To be fair, I may still grab the VN in the future. This just put how expensive a niche interest can be into perspective.

Last edited:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Funny how they labeled 2005-2012 as the dark times while it's surely the prime of PC gaming with how vast online gaming and MMOs grew during that time.

Everybody I know had a PC gaming or at least played online games and/or MMOs in net cafes. Events everywhere from small cafes to big malls, etc.
Nah... 2000 to 2013 was an horrible period be a pc gamer. There were a few highlights but it was a painful period for a pc-only person. I literally quit playing games for 7 or 8 years during that time period as everything was so awful. Valve, indies and kickstarter saved pc and brought it to where it is now.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Nah... 2000 to 2013 was an horrible period be a pc gamer. There were a few highlights but it was a painful period for a pc-only person. I literally quit playing games for 7 or 8 years during that time period as everything was so awful. Valve, indies and kickstarter saved pc and brought it to where it is now.
Blizzard and Crytek were the saving grace for me. The amount of hours I put into Diablo 2, Starcraft 1/2, Crysis and World of Warcraft ... PC ports generally being shit or not on the radar (and even then not all DLC being released). Consoles actually being competitive on a hardware level and doing stuff PC could not. Shrinking retail precense with Steam still being in its infancy. Yeah, that period was shit.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
There is also the fact the idea of "everything is releasing on pc" was a pipe dream 10 or more years ago. Outside of some exceptions most games were only for consoles or only for pc. It may sound weird considering how many series broke that barrier now but remember: 10 years ago if you wanted to play, for example, anything made in japan you needed a console. Even Dark Souls was originally a console only game. I don't think pc gaming was ever at risk of "dying" but it was a different experience targeting different users
Good thing those are times long past

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
And without PC MP and MMOs games, PC would've surely died for good during that period since they carried the platform with hardware sales worldwide, not just for the major market (NA/EU). Even Valve had a role during that time with CS, Lef4Dead, TF2 and whatnot.

Reactions: kio and lashman

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
It was the platform's downswing for sure but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was horrible, there were still plenty of good PC games coming out and some of them are even strong GOAT contenders. The worst aspects of that time period were the ports situation (either not happening at all or genuinely awful) and the decline in genre diversity due to retailers' stranglehold of distribution channels.

That said, although I firmly believe that the platform today is the best and strongest it has ever been, I do have some fondness for that time period because of one reason: eastern european developers. God bless those glorious madmen, they kept us fed for many years with crazy ambitious jankfests and numerous diamonds in the rough.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Despite my better judgement, I’m thinking about retrying the Trails series with a sane dialog regimen this time. As in, new town, visit everyone, then bye and fuck you.
But given the mess of reports on ProtonDb I’m not sure the Deck plays the game’s movies.

• Blobxorcism
Reactions: lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
For me, while "GFWL era" was kinda bad (and I agree with their "dark ages" classification, relative to the golden eras), I was also PC only gamer during that period and there were still so many amazing PC games that I was never starved of games to play.
Games like:

STALKER trilogy
Fallout 3 and NV
Dishonored
Sleeping Dogs
Crysis
Command & Conquer 3
Bioshock
Portal
Witcher 1 and 2
Mass Effect trilogy
Max Payne 3

...I could go on, probably for couple pages.
Even the worst era for PC gaming was fantastic as far as I am concerned.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It was the platform's downswing for sure but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was horrible, there were still plenty of good PC games coming out and some of them are even strong GOAT contenders. The worst aspects of that time period were the ports situation (either not happening at all or genuinely awful) and the decline in genre diversity due to retailers' stranglehold of distribution channels.

That said, although I firmly believe that the platform today is the best and strongest it has ever been, I do have some fondness for that time period because of one reason: eastern european developers. God bless those glorious madmen, they kept us fed for many years with crazy ambitious jankfests and numerous diamonds in the rough.
I'm not saying there weren't good games but the perception of how horrible those years were is entirely dependent on what sort of games you want.

If you're the type of player that gravitates towards shooters and multiplayer games, or even cinematic experiences like jrpgs of that time, those were probably great years, but for those players, like me, that look for complex and systems-heavy games, like crpgs or immersive sims, or genres historically associated with pc gaming, like P&C or strategy games, those were awful years with barely any relevant release, and those that did exist were watered-down and dumbed-down copies of greater games that released in the prior decade, that needed to be that way in order to be playable in consoles. I'll never forget nor forgive what they did with Deus Ex's sequel and that was, chronologically speaking, one of the first signifiers of all the dreadful decisions that were to come.

Thankfully we're past that and, while trend chasing is still very much alive, now everyone is being catered to and the whole ecosystem is healthier because of it, although I still wish there were more crpgs and TB tactics games being made.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Funny how they labeled 2005-2012 as the dark times while it's surely the prime of PC gaming with how vast online gaming and MMOs grew during that time.

Everybody I know had a PC gaming or at least played online games and/or MMOs in net cafes. Events everywhere from small cafes to big malls, etc.
It kinda was a bad time. We had several articles on how WoW was strangling new game releases while it was constantly selling as #1 here in Germany.
We would be in the same scenario right now (GaaS) if indie gaming and especially digital distribution wouldn't have taken off.

Reactions: Durante
Status
Not open for further replies.