Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Going by these past few weeks, expect some good PC gaming news for every EGS news.
we liked Devolved until they pulled this shit as well ;)

it would be the same situation with Gaben ... and anyone else really
Y'all gonna start buying from GOG then? That'll be the day :V

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

We don't know Gabe either, but we like the guy and got faith in him :V
Well, I'm not one to blindly support people, so I can't say I have much of an opinion about Gabe, one way or another. :)

But really, comparing Gabe, to Mike Wilson? What did Gabe ever did to you (despite his "blessing" to the CLANG kickstarter campaign)? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

You think Tim Sweeney is bad? Mike Wilson is far, far worse, he's just lacking the money that Tim has to pull supervillain moves. :p

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Well, I'm not one to blindly support people, so I can't say I have much of an opinion about Gabe, one way or another. :)

But really, comparing Gabe, to Mike Wilson? What did Gabe ever did to you (despite his "blessing" to the CLANG kickstarter campaign)? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

You think Tim Sweeney is bad? Mike Wilson is far, far worse, he's just lacking the money that Tim has to pull supervillain moves. :p
Fair enough, I didn't look into the CEO/head of Devolver before recently so more power to you~

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Man for my safety I'ma post this here

If a game is sold on EGS, GOG and Steam, for example (GOG and Steam's cuts are the same, 30% iirc), and it is $20 on EGS, but $40 on Steam and gog....
0.88*20= $17.60 per EGS copy
0.7*20 = $28 per non-EGS copy

...but Tim Sweeny told me the EGS is good for developers :thinking-blob:

... and like i said - from now on i fully expect every new Devolver game to be exclusive

like ListeningGarden pointed out - even the latest My Friend Pedro trailer switched from specifically mentioning steam to just "PC"

so that also includes Metal Wolf Chaos, i guess ...
Well Devolver release their games on GOG too, so if they want to use PC as a general broad term, that's cool. Sadly nowadays that has a completely different meaning.

Deleted member 113

Fair enough, I didn't look into the CEO/head of Devolver before recently so more power to you~
Yeah, he has always been a massive dick, always willing to do anything for a quick buck.

Unfortunately, I happened to "follow" his career because of Ion Storm and Gathering of Developers, and it's not a pretty one, despite his sanitized wikipedia page reading like one of a successful and professional CEO.

You don't have to look back that long. Read about his previous label Gamecock, his stunts, his personal attack on John Romero, (...).

Ok, I'll shut up now. :p

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah, he has always been a massive dick, always willing to do anything for a quick buck.

Unfortunately, I happened to "follow" his career because of Ion Storm and Gathering of Developers, and it's not a pretty one, despite his sanitized wikipedia page reading like one of a successful and professional CEO.

You don't have to look back that long. Read about his previous label Gamecock, his stunts, his personal attack on John Romero, (...).

Ok, I'll shut up now. :p
John Romero? That's taking being made Romero's *itch way too seriously :V

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well Devolver release their games on GOG too, so if they want to use PC as a general broad term, that's cool. Sadly nowadays that has a completely different meaning.
yeah ... nowadays it basically means "we've taken the money hat but can't officially talk about it just yet" ... been the case for at least like 10 games now

Deleted member 113

John Romero? That's taking being made Romero's *itch way too seriously :V
Ironically, it was Mike Wilson who came up with that whole ad campaign. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

---

In other news, there's been a lot of cool looking indie RPGs lately.

I like the look of this one:

Deleted member 113

:wd_suspicious:

That game looks suspiciously like MM3/World of Xeen. Perhaps a much lower budget one.
Well, it's inspired by a certain era, whose games had a similar look.

To quote the developer:
«It was inspired by Dungeon Master, Eye of The Beholder 2, Might & Magic 3-5, Crystals of Arborea (a not so well known prequel to Ishar series), GoldBox series (Champions of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn, etc). »

Deleted member 113

Dusk Diver is now out:

It looks pretty cool. Anyone tried it?

---

In other news, I just discovered something really cool with Steam.
I wanted to buy Call of Cthulhu on sale, but I was not sure if I had funds left on my credit card.
I didn't, so the purchase was declined. I knew I would have funds available today, but not yesterday, before the sale ended, so the sale expired before I was able to make a purchase.

The thing is, when your purchase is declined, you receive an email with a link that allows you 72 hours to complete your purchase, for the same price (including discounts) as your original attempt. So today, I was able to purchase the game, at the discounted price.

Really cool! (y)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It is weird how the store page for RAPE DAY was removed, but some very similar games have a store page and are actually sold.

For instance, in this bundle (NSFW), there are 4 apps which mention sexual abuse, and screenshots in the community hub hint at similar issues.

- The Lezbian Prison
The Lezbian Prison is an interactive comics that contains explicit sexual content, nudity and violence. Sexual Themes include: [...] Sexual abuse. [...]​

- Lareena
The story contains explicit sexual content, nudity and violence. [...] Sexual Themes include: [...] Sexual abuse. [...] Lareena is a Human Elf who wandered into the wrong dungeon, she will suffer the consequences of her unjustified curiosity.​

- Boarding College
Boarding College is an interactive comics that contains explicit sexual content, nudity and violence. Sexual Themes include: [...] Sexual abuse. [...] Sexual abuse and harassment occurs on a daily basis at the college. [...] Tatyana is a pretty and polite 20 years old student, most of the students have a crush on her. Will you be able to help Tatyana survive a day at the college without getting sexually abused?​

- Dr. Tanya's Experiment
Dr. Tanya's Experiment "The Lezbian Doctors" is a comics book about doctors who sexually abuse their [female] patients.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Also sexual abuse as part of a story that is done with respect is also ok, but yeah some of those games seem glorify some troublesome things.
There are not many games which use the troublesome keywords, so it should be possible for Valve to check each game.

For instance, in "The Underground Man", it seems part of the world description:
Survivors are living a savage lifestyle: they kill each other, they rob each other, they eat and rape each other (sometimes both at the same time).
Or, in "Sexbot Quality Assurance Simulator", it is part of a warning:
At Candy Valley Network, our goal with this product series is to create adult games for everyone who wants to express their sexuallity through Virtual Reality in a healthy way, no matter your preferences or physical ability. However this includes certain constraints, we as developers are strictly against any form of abuse or rape fantasy. We have built and are still developing systems to prevent this kind of behaviour.
I don't get how the games mentioned in my previous post are deemed OK. It seems to me that the dev had the smart idea to avoid mentioning "rape" on the store page, and uses "sexual abuse" instead, but it conveys the same meaning.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
(and it seems like it's a bigger deal with them ... not for just this one game .... My Friend Pedro also "mysteriously" switched from specifically mentioning steam to just "PC" in the newest trailer ... so Metal Wolf Chaos will probably be included in that deal as well)

Worry not! The game is set to release simultaneously on Steam and Nintendo Switch. The mention of exclusivity was more about Nintendo Switch being the exclusive console the game will release for.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
What's the next possible thing that Epic can take from Steam?

My guess is that Epic will take remasters of games that are already available on Steam and make them exclusive. Meaning that it's not possible for free upgrades

On another note

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
They should be more honest and admit that they want no risks taking Epic money because they are not sure how the game will sell. It baffles me that they still believe people agree with those kind of statements.

One more example of ZERO interest in customers and the reputation towards them. Reputation and trust in your customers are pillars of good businesses, yet they only want the $$$hats.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They should be more honest and admit that they want no risks taking Epic money because they are not sure how the game will sell. It baffles me that they still believe people agree with those kind of statements.

One more example of ZERO interest in customers and the reputation towards them. Reputation and trust in your customers are pillars of good businesses, yet they only want the $$$hats.
bingo

you know, i'm seriously starting to think all those publishers and developers actually DO think their customers really are THAT stupid (to believe all this PR bullshit)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
One of the most popular gamesite in Belgium also did a poll about Epic's Store. Here are the results:

Question: Have you bought games on Epic Store already?

Aswers:

Nope: 63%,
Only Fortnite: 4%
Yes: 4%
No and I don't want to: 39%

This is an interesting result, since PC gaming is very popular in Belgium.

Deleted member 113

Outward is also out.

What's the cheapest place to get the game (that offers the Day one bonus items)?

Greenmangaming and Gamesplanet have it for 35,99€, and have the bonuses listed.

Reactions: dummmyy and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
One of the most popular gamesite in Belgium also did a poll about Epic's Store. Here are the results:
i wouldn't really call 163 votes "representative" of anything really ...

BUT i do hope the general sentiment among PC gamers is similar to this ... i really really do

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Please be excited

Better not write reviews, because that would count as "review bombing" to Valve.

Get bent SE, get bent Valve.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

You don't need customers if you can make a profit on your product without actually selling it a single time.
*persontouchingforehead.jpg'

For real though, it's clear that for those devs/publishers the customer is Epic and not the people who buy and play the games..

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Question: Have you bought games on Epic Store already?

Aswers:

Nope: 63%,
Only Fortnite: 4%
Yes: 4%
No and I don't want to: 39%

This is an interesting result, since PC gaming is very popular in Belgium.
I like how "bought" in Dutch is apparently the same word as "cooked" in German.

Status
Not open for further replies.