Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Good break down of it lol. Shameful bandwagon behavior from PC Gamer writer. I'm gonna stop giving them clicks tbh.

Edit: Snipped a bit of the quoted post to save space.
and the worst thing about all of this is that they're only really willing to listen to developers really .... the opinions of people buying those games doesn't matter to them one bit ... it's really sad :(

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
I feel like this tweet is way stupider if you understand what spawned this tweet. Sorry in advance for this screed I'm about to write.

BACKGROUND FOR THOSE OOTL

A petition was started to add a specific anti-vaxxer scenario to Plague Inc. The developer tweeted and said that if the petition got 10k signatures, they'd do it:

Two days later, the petition had reached its goal (over 20k now actually!), and the developer said they'd add it soon:

The reception I saw was largely positive and jocular pretty much everywhere from Steam to Twitter to even Reddit.

Then, this dipshit goes and finds a few stupid recent reviews after this anti-vaxxer scenario announcement to highlight Steam's "hilarious" reviews:

But HOLD UP. Let's break that screenshot down real quick.

In this image, one review is just calling the game "so bad." It's a worthless review, but there's no proof of correlation between it and the anti-vaxxer scenario.

One review is calling the developers "far-left SJWs." Again, a very stupid and very worthless review, but not one that explicitly shows correlation to the anti-vaxxer scenario. It's likely to be as much about the Brexit jokes that the games makes as about the vaccine thing. There's also the issue that there are at least some anti-vaxxers among the so-called "far-left SJW" crowd, which further compounds the difficulty of attributing this review to the upcoming scenario (research shows anti-vaxxers are largely white, college-educated people who demonstrate a disposition towards conspiratorial mindsets).

And the reason I'm confident in suggesting this second review (like the first) might be about Brexit or something entirely unrelated to vaccines is because the review above these two is literally some schmuck complaining about the game making "Brexit commentary":

Anyways, back to the screenshot, you finally have one review which is actually attacking the anti-vaxxer scenario and whining. Fine, we can concede on that one.

So this one stupid review about vaccines inspires the one dipshit to screenshot it to laugh at it, which inspires this dipshit (actually the Designer/Programmer of Where the Water Tastes Like Wine) to say:

Which then inspires this dipshit (PC Gamer Writer) to say:

But wait a second, how about the other recent reviews since the announcement?

Oh ho. Dang. They're actually positive and like the anti-vaxxer inclusion.

And wait a second, what about that one actual stupid rant from that initial screenshot?

What? I can't find the review anymore, where'd it go! It should be right between these two! I better go check the user's Steam profile and see where it went. Maybe he deleted it himself?

Oh whoops, Steam removed the review because it broke the ToS.

BUT.
MUH.
NARRATIVE.
This was quite the ride

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
and the worst thing about all of this is that they're only really willing to listen to developers really .... the opinions of people buying those games doesn't matter to them one bit ... it's really sad :(
To some extent, the gaming "writer" being a dork is whatever. The dumber part is the developer, because I do not understand the train of thought that some of these devs have.
  • There are hundreds of indie games released every month, with the average being something like well over 500 a month.
  • Even if you somehow curate the "bad" and/or truly "mediocre" games out, there are still probably going to be at least upwards of 200+ solid games a month.
  • The gaming press in general does a horrendous job covering games outside of the AAA bubble, because those games don't drive clicks.
  • Gaming "personalities" also do a horrendous job covering new games, because stream/channel viewers are ridiculously capricious and typically want to see their streamer only playing a certain game.
  • And to make it all worse, a growing number of games are "service" games, designed to keep you playing for as long as possible (which also means I'm too busy to pay attention to your little indie game!).
In light of this reality, how in the hell do indie game devs expect us to hear about their games?

If I can't rely on the gaming press, if I can't rely on your horrendous marketing abilities, if I can't rely on Twitch personalities, how in the hell am I supposed to make informed decisions about what your game is, without user reviews?

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
To some extent, the gaming "writer" being a dork is whatever. The dumber part is the developer, because I do not understand the train of thought that some of these devs have.
  • There are hundreds of indie games released every month, with the average being something like well over 500 a month.
  • Even if you somehow curate the "bad" and/or truly "mediocre" games out, there are still probably going to be at least upwards of 200+ solid games a month.
  • The gaming press in general does a horrendous job covering games outside of the AAA bubble, because those games don't drive clicks.
  • Gaming "personalities" also do a horrendous job covering new games, because stream/channel viewers are ridiculously capricious and typically want to see their streamer only playing a certain game.
  • And to make it all worse, a growing number of games are "service" games, designed to keep you playing for as long as possible (which also means I'm too busy to pay attention to your little indie game!).
In light of this reality, how in the hell do indie game devs expect us to hear about their games?

If I can't rely on the gaming press, if I can't rely on your horrendous marketing abilities, if I can't rely on Twitch personalities, how in the hell am I supposed to make informed decisions about what your game is, without user reviews?
Epic is surely gonna choose my game and I'm gonna win! Suckers!

OSatan

OFather OSun

Fight for survival in real-time battles to unearth the truth of your newly cloned bodies in Zanki Zero: Last Beginning, the latest RPG from the creators of the Danganronpa series.
The latest gameplay trailer shows you how to survive as the last 8 survivors of humanity! The game releases on April 9, 2019.
At the start I was like "this looks like trash really" at the end I was throwing money at the screen, I need this game!

Here's what matters. In Yakuza Kiwami you can regain health by drinking booze. Finally Yakuza can be the best life simulation.
Booze heals, you're an unstoppable fighting man, every punk on the street wants to fight you, and Majima pops out of every other sewer grate to assault you. Also I think Kiryu has never fucked and I'm 99% sure that's cannon.

What a game.
If this was 5 you could also be an unstoppable bout machine while drunk but this is not 5 ;_;

Reactions: lashman

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I feel like this tweet is way stupider if you understand what spawned this tweet. Sorry in advance for this screed I'm about to write.
[....]
BUT.
MUH.
NARRATIVE.
Thank you for all the info. It is truly a stupid example to try to use to show how "bad" the review system is. By my last count, since 26-Feb there have been a total of 39 reviews, of which 30 were positive and 8 were negative (the missing one is probably the banned you mentioned). So.... really.... let's abolish Steam for that?

Well, going by the recent attitude of several indie developers, they really don't want customers making "informed" decisions and think they can control the message about their games even if they don't have the marketing resources of the big publishers.

As to what they want specifically, we can only guess, but it probably is this:
Epic is surely gonna choose my game and I'm gonna win! Suckers!
They want the heavily curated Steam of the "old days", where getting on the store was almost a guarantee of success. It's pretty clear from the posts/tweets/whatever we are seeing that they think it's Valve job to make their game a success. But even if you forget all the good games that didn't make to Steam then, it is a vastly different market now, with way more competition.

Which is why all this hostility towards the userbase is baffling. The best tool they have is strong word-of-mouth, and treating your customers like enemies is not a good way to start.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
blind faith, duh

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

Deleted member 113

The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is out next month. For those that never played these games, don't sleep on this release, they are well worth a purchase.
It may not look like it, but these games are Japanese adventure gaming at their best.

I played the 3 games on my Nintendo DS, and along with the Igavania games, these were my favourite games available on the platform.
Fun cases, engaging characters, a catchy as hell soundtrack that is used to great effect, these games are truly worth experiencing.

The games usually alternate between 2 types of segments: the investigation phase, where you interview people, and collect evidence to support your theories; and the court phase, where you try to catch contradictions during witness testimonies, present collected evidence, and experience a lot of crazy, over the top twists and shenanigans that have no place in a real court. :D
You'll get to investigate a murder on the set of a Samurai TV show, defend a magician accused of murdering his boss and circus ringmaster, interrogate a talking parrot, and much more.

Plus, it's three 20 hour or so games, so the price is very reasonable for what you're getting.
For those like me who don't have a lot of time for gaming, don't be afraid of the 60 hours or so that these would take in total to finish. Since each game is split into several cases, you can easily finish a case, and return a couple of weeks later for a new one.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
PSA: The third case in Justice For All is in fact complete butts to play and made me drop the game for months. I actually found it to be worse than people say it is.

If you hate it as much as I did, consider just using a guide to get through it ASAP.

OSatan

OFather OSun
did the day it was added to steam (19 days ago) ... i don't need clickbaity articles to report shitty games ;)

funnily enough - virtually no one would ever know this game existed if not for all those articles
I actually encourage that type of articles in this case. It shines a light and we know steam reporting works.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I actually encourage that type of articles in this case. It shines a light and we know steam reporting works.
it doesn't really matter in this case ... there's absolutely ZERO chance this thing would've gotten through volvo's approval process (they don't filter added store pages ... but they DO filter games approved for release)

although - yes, i agree they probably should, at the very least, add an automated checker to flag certain keywords as "hey, maybe an actual human should look at this store page someone just put up" ... wouldn't hurt

Reactions: Deleted member 113

OSatan

OFather OSun
it doesn't really matter in this case ... there's absolutely ZERO chance this thing would've gotten through volvo's approval process (they don't filter added store pages ... but they DO filter games approved for release)
True at this level but It still poisons the store and only attracts copycats better to not let it simmer.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
True at this level but It still poisons the store and only attracts copycats better to not let it simmer.
true ... edited my reply :p

although - yes, i agree they probably should, at the very least, add an automated checker to flag certain keywords as "hey, maybe an actual human should look at this store page someone just put up" ... wouldn't hurt

Deleted member 113

funnily enough - virtually no one would ever know this game existed if not for all those articles
It's true. The first time I heard about this game was when I saw the link above a few moments ago, and I now see the usual suspects published articles about this.

But, either way, it's a bad look for Valve, especially since you tell me the store page has been up for 19 days, and they still haven't taken it down?

Unlike many, I applaud Valve's willingness to carry adult games, be it violent games, or games with explicit sex.
There are quality titles that feature either or both of these, and I certainly don't see the inclusion of explicit sex as a sign of a bad game.
But, there's adult games, and then there's a game called "Rape Day", with a description that says the game allows you to "Verbally harass, kill, and rape women", and a note saying it includes "sexual assault, non-consensual sex, obscene language, necrophilia, and incest". This should have obviously been taken down almost immediately. It's not the kind of content that brings a good look to the store, and the content included is actually illegal in several countries.

This is so blatant, it almost seems like this was done purely to make the platform look bad, since I seriously doubt whoever uploaded it had any real expectations of releasing the game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But, either way, it's a bad look for Valve, especially since you tell me the store page has been up for 19 days, and they still haven't taken it down?
that's because volvo don't check store pages when they go up (there are only automated checks there ... if all the content has been added, screenshots, etc.) ... they DO manual checks, however, when a game is ready to go on sale .... every single game is manually checked by a Real Human™ before it's allowed to go on sale

Deleted member 113

that's because volvo don't check store pages when they go up (there are only automated checks there ... if all the content has been added, screenshots, etc.) ... they DO manual checks, however, when a game is ready to go on sale .... every single game is manually checked by a Real Human™ before it's allowed to go on sale
Yeah, I understand that, and I get how it could have been uploaded without them checking.
But, you mentioned you reported it 19 days ago. This should have made them at least take a look at that store page, and take down the game.
It's a bit perplexing how the game has lasted that long showing those images, and using that name and description.

This is one of the things Valve needs to improve. Certainly, having a single person checking the new store pages that are added won't break their bank.
They love to do things automatically, but human intervention is needed in things like these.

PSA: The third case in Justice For All is in fact complete butts to play and made me drop the game for months. I actually found it to be worse than people say it is.

If you hate it as much as I did, consider just using a guide to get through it ASAP.
I finished all three games, without using guides, and I don't remember struggling with any case in particular. :unsure:
I didn't know this case was so poorly received. It's not my favourite, but I don't recall having a particularly bad reaction to it.
I guess I'll find out when I replay the games when the upcoming PC version launches. ;)

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I finished all three games, without using guides, and I don't remember struggling with any case in particular. :unsure:
I didn't know this case was so poorly received. It's not my favourite, but I don't recall having a particularly bad reaction to it.
I guess I'll find out when I replay the games when the upcoming PC version launches. ;)
Just to clarify, it wasn't a struggle with difficulty or anything.

I just found it boring as hell, with a bunch of fairly unlikeable (and annoying!) characters, and as far as I remember, it's the case that seemed to have the least to do with the overarching game plot/theme.

I think people have remarked that the third cases in the games tend to feel the weakest. Been a while since I've played them so I can't remember exactly, but that might just be a weird filler-ish issue in some of the games of trying to bridge all the cases together.

Still great games worth playing though.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, I understand that, and I get how it could have been uploaded without them checking.
But, you mentioned you reported it 19 days ago. This should have made them at least take a look at that store page, and take down the game.
It's a bit perplexing how the game has lasted that long showing those images, and using that name and description.
oh, i agree :p i'm just saying that if it wasn't for those articles - practically no one would ever hear about this game, volvo would've rejected it (and possibly also banned the dev) come release and that would've been that

This is one of the things Valve needs to improve. Certainly, having a single person checking the new store pages that are added won't break their bank.
They love to do things automatically, but human intervention is needed in things like these.
oh, it's definitely possible ... i would know - i check every single store page ;) haha

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Valve really needs to step up their cert peo ess dor a game beyond 'does the game run without issues'
but they already have ... years ago ...

the problem here is the fact that they don't check store pages when they go up .... but they absolutely DO check everything manually (as in: a real human does it) when the game is about to go on sale

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

the problem here is the fact that they don't check store pages when they go up .... but they absolutely DO check everything manually (as in: a real human does it) when the game is about to go on sale
Then how the heck did that game get ok-ed by an actual human being?
I wouldve noped that game instantly.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Then how the heck did that game get ok-ed by an actual human being?
I wouldve noped that game instantly.
it hasn't .... the "actual human being" part happens right before the game is released (as in: can be bought) .... before that there's just an automatic check for technical stuff (if screenshots have been uploaded, if everything is the right format etc.)

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

Haven't we also had issues where seemingly innocuous pages get turned into something more (for lack of a better word) troll-ish later?

There's even the bizarre problem where sometimes Valve seems to have some kind of brief hacking issue of inventory items suddenly having x-rated content/thumbnails.

They make enough money that they need to just check when the page gets put up, and when games get significant store changes/updates.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Haven't we also had issues where seemingly innocuous pages get turned into something more (for lack of a better word) troll-ish later?
yes ... but that's kinda the problem of them being too developer-friendly, oddly enough .... because the alternative to devs being able to change their store pages on the fly would be volvo having to check and approve every single change for every single store page - which could take A LONG time (think: console patch approval ... and how long it takes ... and they have a SHITLOAD of people checking that stuff)

again - not saying they shouldn't do anything about it .... but having to approve all changes probably isn't a solution here either

There's even the bizarre problem where sometimes Valve seems to have some kind of brief hacking issue of inventory items suddenly having x-rated content/thumbnails.
it wasn't that ... it was, again, them being too developer-friendly ... they just assumed devs wouldn't be assholes trying to upload literal porn as thumbnails for market items ... but it only takes one troll, sadly ... they're definitely checking those now, it was in one of their announcement last year

as for the "hack" part - it wasn't a hack ... it was, yet again, volvo assuming developers aren't assholes ... and they weren't checking what people (devs, i mean) are naming their market items ... so what some "geniuses" did was create market items with the same names, descriptions and thumbnails as some high-value items from DoTA and CSGO

They make enough money that they need to just check when the page gets put up, and when games get significant store changes/updates.
i don't think that's doable ... not when there are literally dozens (if not hundreds) of store pages added to steam each day (and there literally are, trust me - i know :p) ... i mean, yeah, sure, maybe checking each new store page is doable .... but checking every single change made to the existing ones? i don't think so ... there are thousands of games on steam and having to check every single change to a store page (and let's face it - if some asshole wants to be an asshole - they can do it even by changing just a few words or images ... they'd find a way around "just checking for significant changes", trust me) would eventually just end up with the situation in my first reply here - long waiting times for devs, until volvo checks and approves everything

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
it hasn't .... the "actual human being" part happens right before the game is released (as in: can be bought) .... before that there's just an automatic check for technical stuff (if screenshots have been uploaded, if everything is the right format etc.)
Then i go back to my.initial point of needing to step it up when it comes to cetifiying games, because that rape day game shouldn't have been oked in the first place.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Then i go back to my.initial point of needing to step it up when it comes to cetifiying games, because that rape day game shouldn't have been oked in the first place.
yeah, like i said - they probably, at the very least, need some sort of an automatic keyword flagging system ... so that when a store page for a game like that goes live someone somewhere at volvo gets a notification that says "hey, maybe someone should look at this store page soon"

would definitely be an improvement, that's for sure

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You sacrifice yours so that we may live ours

😢7
lol ... nah :p i just like to see what cool new games will be out soon(ish) ... and since i'm already checking all the store pages anyway for myself, i might as well post the links in here, so other people can find out about interesting games no one else (like streamers, youtubers, big gaming websites etc.) will probably talk about ever ... indies are cool! :D

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
lol ... nah :p i just like to see what cool new games will be out soon(ish) ... and since i'm already checking all the store pages anyway for myself, i might as well post the links in here, so other people can find out about interesting games no one else (like streamers, youtubers, big gaming websites etc.) will probably talk about ever ... indies are cool! :D
I'm glad that you do. Over the years I'm sure there are quite a few games I probably credit to you for discovering for me. So I appreciate ya, boss.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
i don't think that's doable ... not when there are literally dozens (if not hundreds) of store pages added to steam each day (and there literally are, trust me - i know :p) ... i mean, yeah, sure, maybe checking each new store page is doable .... but checking every single change made to the existing ones? i don't think so ... there are thousands of games on steam and having to check every single change to a store page (and let's face it - if some asshole wants to be an asshole - they can do it even by changing just a few words or images ... they'd find a way around "just checking for significant changes", trust me) would eventually just end up with the situation in my first reply here - long waiting times for devs, until volvo checks and approves everything
I think that's why something could trigger for a significant store page change.

Like if you change some threshold percent (say 80% just for discussion) of the information on the page, maybe it triggers a flag to have the page checked ASAP.

I dunno, maybe that's too "developer unfriendly" or too much work.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think that's why something could trigger for a significant store page change.

Like if you change some threshold percent (say 80% just for discussion) of the information on the page, maybe it triggers a flag to have the page checked ASAP.

I dunno, maybe that's too "developer unfriendly" or too much work.
no, no ... i'm sure that would be perfectly doable

the problem is - if someone wants to be an asshole, they can be an asshole under that 80% threshold .... or 50% ... or 10% ... or 5%

80% (or whatever) threshold won't stop someone from changing their store page to say bad shit if they're really determined

and i'm not saying i don't trust anyone either ... i'm sure most devs are normal people ... but you know very well - it only takes one asshole to ruin shit for everybody

naturally i'm not saying they should just do nothing and leave everything as is ... obviously not ... but it probably needs to be done in a different way, that's all ... what different way? i have no idea unfortunately

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Couldn't valve let devs create any store page they want and change as much as they want, but have it be hidden and have it controlled when it can be seen by others?

Also how I do I not have trine 3!? It's been bundled and cheap so many times but I checked and I don't have it. O_O

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Couldn't valve let devs create any store page they want and change as much as they want, but have it be hidden and have it controlled when it can be seen by others?
well, i mean ... sure ... but then no one could wishlist or pre-order the game until it was approved for release (which is usually just before release)

and then - what do volvo do about a game that's already out and wants to change stuff on their store page?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
well, i mean ... sure ... but then no one could wishlist or pre-order the game until it was approved for release (which is usually just before release)

and then - what do volvo do about a game that's already out and wants to change stuff on their store page?
I mean when having the page go live, meaning one can still wishlist and pre-order and all that. Like some dating sites have it, once you first create your profile it has to be approved. :D But yeah once the page is live a dev should be able to change it.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
no, no ... i'm sure that would be perfectly doable

the problem is - if someone wants to be an asshole, they can be an asshole under that 80% threshold .... or 50% ... or 10% ... or 5%

80% (or whatever) threshold won't stop someone from changing their store page to say bad shit if they're really determined

and i'm not saying i don't trust anyone either ... i'm sure most devs are normal people ... but you know very well - it only takes one asshole to ruin shit for everybody

naturally i'm not saying they should just do nothing and leave everything as is ... obviously not ... but it probably needs to be done in a different way, that's all ... what different way? i have no idea unfortunately
I only gave an example threshold because I assumed like most Volvo things, it would be a hidden threshold that no one would actually know :drinking-blob:

And like other Volvo things, maybe it would change based on sliding factors, e.g., maybe if you're a "trusted" dev with multiple releases, you get significantly more leeway to make changes freely.

Again, I dunno. Maybe it's too complicated. There should be some feasible system to make it easier on everyone though.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This topic is what keeps annoying me the most about Steam.
First they kept seemingly randomly banning (proper) VNs without much communication. After they got backlash they instead opened up the store for adult content, which I found was a great move by them and I hoped it would be over with that.
But now it looks like they're still seemingly randomly banning VNs (Kara no Shoujo 2 anyone?) while shit like the previously mentioned game manages to stay on the store for weeks despite being reported.
Valve is incredibly, incredibly garbage when it comes to this topic and it's incredibly annoying.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
There should be some feasible system to make it easier on everyone though.
oh, no argument from me there ... i definitely agree :)

i didn't write all that stuff before to convince you it could never work, so they shouldn't do anything :p i just wanted to show you that no matter how low that percentage would be - someone would still find a way to get around it if they were determined enough ... that's what i do - i nitpick and poke holes, sorry :p haha

This topic is what keeps annoying me the most about Steam.
First they kept seemingly randomly banning (proper) VNs without much communication. After they got backlash they instead opened up the store for adult content, which I found was a great move by them and I hoped it would be over with that.
But now it looks like they're still seemingly randomly banning VNs (Kara no Shoujo 2 anyone?) while shit like the previously mentioned game manages to stay on the store for weeks despite being reported.
Valve is incredibly, incredibly garbage when it comes to this topic and it's incredibly annoying.
i imagine it mostly depends on who's checking those VNs (not saying that's good or anything ... but that's probably why it's happening randomly)

and the previously managed game wasn't being sold yet, so volvo haven't even seen it yet (well, i imagine they've seen it NOW because of all the articles and stuff)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, you and Mor appear to check more Steam pages than Valve's actual employees. ;)
As I have implied in multiple times, I think we could handle as a team the Steam doors, we have different criteria but we can identify what's legit and what is not (well, I sometimes get some asset flips if I don't know any previous background of the developer)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
yeah, like i said - they probably, at the very least, need some sort of an automatic keyword flagging system ... so that when a store page for a game like that goes live someone somewhere at volvo gets a notification that says "hey, maybe someone should look at this store page soon"

would definitely be an improvement, that's for sure
They could also have checked the screenshots on the store page against Amazon Rekognition (or another service) which they use for screenshots on the hub.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They could also have checked the screenshots on the store page against Amazon Rekognition (or another service) which they use for screenshots on the hub.
... or that, yeah! definitely!

Status
Not open for further replies.