Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I didn't know Tales of Symphonia had a book.
There is a manga for Tales of Symphonia

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So people who own Seven: The Days Long Gone get a free upgrade to Enhanced Edition with extra content?

We know that you’re excited to dive into the new story behind Drowned Past extension. We are happy to announce that the extension is going to be available from March 26th 2019.

However, it’s not just going to be a release of an add-on. Instead, we are going to launch the brand new version of our game – Seven: Enhanced Edition – that includes Drowned Past. Anyone who already owns Seven: The Days Long Gone will be able to upgrade the game to the new edition on the launch day for free. If you have friends who own PS4, tell them that on March 26th 2019, Seven: Enhanced Edition will be released on their platform too!

What will the extension itself contain? In Drowned Past, the player will run into the Enclave, a ragtag group of mysterious vagabonds who have discovered the mythological sunken vessel and are exploring it in the hopes of unearthing riches. But things that are buried are buried for a good reason, as Teriel and the Enclave will discover. With that, the original game will get an array of new opponents, weapons, outfits, crafting schematics and skills.

With the expansion, we are bringing plenty of fixes to problems you’ve reported too. Thus, if you have encountered any bug, please wait for the new version of Seven where your issue should be sorted out.

Before we sign off, we wanted to thank you for any feedback you left in the discussion boards or in your reviews. Of course, kind words always warm our hearts but the detailed constructive feedback is always very much welcome as well. Thanks to that, we can work on a game you want to play, and we can be proud of. Thanks a million for every conversation we’ve had over this past year and we are looking forward to staying in touch with you even more.

Talk to you soon!
Fool’s Theory Team
Am I reading that right?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So people who own Seven: The Days Long Gone get a free upgrade to Enhanced Edition with extra content?

Am I reading that right?
yeah, sounds like it

Deleted member 113

Am I reading that right?
Yeah, that's correct.

They previously announced they were releasing a free expansion.
It seems they changed their plans, and instead are re-branding the game as a new "Enhanced Edition", which features the game + the previously announced expansion, and previous owners get it for free.

It's pretty much the same thing, but by re-branding the game, they probably expect to get some newly added awareness for the game.

Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Hmm, haven't played the first 4 DMC games. How relevant is it to play those to understand the 5th game? Meaning should I grab the trilogy first and then the rest?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
BATTLETOADS ON STEAM?!?!??!
RARE CLASSIC COLLECTION ON STEAM?!?!?!??!
FORZA HORIZON ON STEAM?!?!??!?!?!?

LET ME DREEEEEEEAAAAAM
if only :p don't think that's gonna happen

like JaseC said - there's no way in hell Forza will ever be on steam ... sadly :(

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
there's no way in hell Forza will ever be on steam ... sadly :(
I don't need all my games on Steam, but I am concerned about Microsofts efforts to keep pushing pc games locked in an encrypted container. Halo MCC will convince many people to spend money on UWP after all, which may have severe consequences for the future of pc gaming.

As someone who's currently enjoying the Belzebub mod for Diablo, that makes me sad. 😢

Deleted member 113

Since I'm still using Windows 7, and have no intentions of upgrading my OS, even if I wanted, I can't use the Windows 10 store.
But, as someone who used the GFW Live Store, and had plenty of problems using, and re-downloading my purchases, even if I had Windows 10, I doubt I would use the store. Microsoft's policies for the PC always end up being very short-lived, and I don't want to spend my money, and stop being able to play my purchased games in a year or two, like it happened with previous efforts.

Above it all, I really never cared for the Halo series. My brother was crazy about it, and made me play a few games in co-op, and they never clicked with me.
If anything, I would like to play Crackdown 3, and the Rare Replay Collection.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
^ Isn't Window 7 security updates ending beginning of next year? But yeah you can still update Windows 8(.1)

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Another embarrassing article advertising Epic's Store on VG247:

Just as the launcher you put up with to play Half-Life 2 became Steam, the window you open to boot up Fortnite is becoming far more – a bona fide PC games shop to rival Valve’s long-undisputed storefront.

The Epic Games Store has money and momentum behind it, and it’s not going anywhere. It can’t yet match Steam’s catalogue, especially not since Valve opened the floodgates and welcomed every would-be developer with a copy of a free game engine and a spare Sunday to the platform. But a more curated approach is seeing the Epic Store become home to some great games.

I mean... really?
Meh VG247 has been a garbage site for years

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Someone make me an animated Mega Man avatar
:wd_kisses:

Quick google search :V

BTW bruh, read this if you haven't yet, must read for any megaman fan

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
DMCV is supposedly complete, right? There are no DLCs and stuff planned?

Might gonna get it for my birthday next week.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
This is about as best as my lazy brain could express this.

Here's the thing that these Indie developers need to realize in regards to Steam and the PC gaming scene in general

1- If you want to sell your game to an actual audience, If GOG nor Epic are willing to sell your game, but Steam does, be a little grateful that you even got OK-ed.
Because your only other alternative is to sell the game on your own website via Humble Widget or another method.
Itch.io? Bless them, they deserve credit, but your lanky ass KNOWS the real big bucks are from Steam, and that's part of why you even approached any of these stores in the first place. Itch.io is fine to host your game, but you know where the money comes from.

2- Visibility? Your game could be shown to 10,000 users who the dumb algorithm managed to actually realize are users that have an interest in Indie games, but if only under 10% of them Wishlist your game (let alone BUY your game straight up), then that should tell you something about your game: At the least it is a curiosity, at worst it is something those remaining users won't miss out on anything by not getting your game.
You'll want to CATCH the attention of the average Steam user if your game even lucks out to show up on their feed or que; a flashy looking screenshot of an attack or even a lovely looking screenshot can raise interest in your game. Same goes for the banner. If you're lucky enough that the user watches your game's trailer, then you better make sure it shows some good gameplay, and not the usual same stuff you could find in a dozen other indie games. Maybe even an animating background for the stages could raise interest in your game.
Simply put, it's not only the DESIGN of your game, it's how YOU promote it, because it's not Valve's job to promote your game if you're not gonna do enough effort to entice the consumer to even give a 2nd glance to your game.

2b- Even if your game is basic and simple in the gameplay department, a catchy visual design can go a long way; colorful backgrounds/setting, or animations that give a more atmospheric feel can help raise interest and awareness of your game. You want the average Steam user to WANT to get your game, and if you manage to wow their eyes on first glance, who knows you may even get a day 1 sale that way.

3- Don't rely on just Steam; seek out known Youtubers or Streamers, ones with credibility and ask if they'd be willing to play and review your game. If their impression of your game is negative, or lukewarm, then take note of EVERY point they mention so you can improve your game. Even if your game looks basic as all hell, you can work to improve it even further. There's no shame in going in Early Access, because one major purpose of it is to take in feedback and improve upon your game.
These are the kind of feedback you'll need to further let your game get exposure if it's positive, and if negative let you strive to improve it as much as possible.

4- The thing that you need to get into your skull is that you are now putting out your (dream) game in a market that is SATURATED with other small dev's (dream) games. Even if your game is observed, there's no guarantee it'll be bought instantly or in the long run by your average steam user; Games can be removed from Wishlists, if someone finds a game similar if not better to yours, what reason would they need for your game if they get their fix from that alternative?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Jim continues being a prat to no one's surprise:

The Netflix comparison towards the end of the video is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
This is part of the reason I made my prior post :V
Now if only Jim could be arsed to do Jimpressions about the dozens of games these poor indies release on Steam, maybe JUST MAYBE, they'd get the publicity they need. Of course those kinds of games don't appeal to Jim's crowd, so why should he even bother.
I'm being passive aggressive, so let me rephrase that:
Jim should put as much effort into reviewing these indie games on Steam as he does his other work, and if he IS actually doing it, then that's great, but it reveals something: Not even Jim Fucking Sterling can get people to get your game, and this guy put asset swaps on the spotlight.

Edit-
OH NO YOU DON'T THQN
YOU THINK YOU CAN GIVE ME A 'CREATE YOUR OWN BUNDLE' AND THINK I'D GIVE YOU MONEY AFTER THAT RECENT SHIT YOU PULLED?

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah Tizoc ... that's the sad reality of this shitty market - as much as devs complain, the general populace just really, really, REALLY doesn't care about indie games all that much

and even Jim has already said it more than a few times - whenever he does a positive video about a small indie game - barely anyone watches it

and that's also the reason why no one is really writing about small games no one ever heard of either .... because no one reads those articles

people generally just REALLY don't care (sadly)

OSatan

OFather OSun
After the free weekend of Conan Exiles I must say:

I'm impressed that this runs as good in my ancient PC I thought it would be a slideshow.

Now onto the game I don't like survival too much but here they almost made it work with a story but for me they needed to make the story more front and centre.

Something a little more gamey and not just exp bars.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
^ Isn't Window 7 security updates ending beginning of next year? But yeah you can still update Windows 8(.1)
Yes, tomorrow MS will release a very urgent security patch specifically for 7 btw. It'll slowly become Swiss cheese (or quickly, gotta assume some shady dudes are staying quiet about major holes until then) starting next January and more and more devs including games will drop support. Godspeed to everyone not willing to move on from a decade old OS but tbh some are sounding like them loony anti-vaxxers. Or worse, late stage XP holdouts.

Oh, timely....

Last edited:
Reactions: fokkusu and lashman

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Jim is a grade A prat.
...but Dr. Ian Malcom is great, unlike Jim :V
Yes, tomorrow MS will release a very urgent security patch specifically for 7 btw. It'll slowly become Swiss cheese (or quickly, gotta assume some shady dudes are staying quiet about major holes until then) starting next January and more and more devs including games will drop support. Godspeed to everyone not willing to move on from a decade old OS but tbh some are sounding like them loony anti-vaxxers. Or worse, late stage XP holdouts.

Oh, timely....

Hmm my brother has an olde laptop with Win 7, should he upgrade to Win 10? I mean he mainly uses it for videos and league of legends so I don't think he's too concerned about it :X

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wow just wow. They really don't get it, no one would mind if EGS sold games ALSO. It can be a home to some great games all it want's if those games are free to be elsewhere too. .
Ffs, the floodgates opened because back in the day the same people were trashing Steam in the ways that was then trendy, talking about how hard it is for good indies to get through Steam's curation so they made greenlight, then people only focused on the negatives of that one so they kept changing it and eventually ditched it and allowed self publishing for a small indie friendly fee. How does Epic's intent of one game a month fix any of that when there are already thousands upon thousands of good games out there to highlight? Steam is now what the people, both gamers and developers, actually asked for. But because a handful are money hatted by Epic they now think they all can get the deal so they do a complete 180? You can't both have all available great games and none of the bad games so it's best for a store to be just that, a store, not a publisher offering and vouching for their own catalogue and nothing more and then sites like theirs can do their freaking jobs and highlight worthy releases rather than waste their time on such shitty articles. It's like the days of the Wii all over again where they ignored great software on it and then still made trendy hot takes about the shovelware attempts at Wii Sports clones and mini games. Games press just never does their freaking job, it's always about trends and hot topics and whatever, since the magazine days and in this age of influencers.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Even mods on Era are stepping up to bat for Epic. Mods which btw, I have never seen in any relevant PC thread... :whistle:
MetaCouncil just got 2 days of GhostTrick exclusivity! lashman at it again, huh :whistle:
Let's keep Era public behind-their-back talk here to a minimum though, there's plenty of non-pointless stuff we can talk about here! :steam_pigblanket:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i had a quick look a little while ago as i hadn't been over there for a day or so and yeah, that thread was about what i expected. I'm not looking for an echo chamber but it's nice not to have the same circular 'discussion' going on over here. Keep up the good work PC Gaming Era, i know i don't have it in me at the moment especially when the core of people's distain for EGS' shenanigans is being ignored.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Jim continues being a prat to no one's surprise:

The Netflix comparison towards the end of the video is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
It's one of the unfortunate downsides to a lack of curation. Honestly though, Steam's problems are so minuscule compared to other gaming platforms. It's why it's hard to take this video seriously, especially with that clickbait title.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
MetaCouncil just got 2 days of GhostTrick exclusivity! lashman at it again, huh :whistle:
Let's keep Era public behind-their-back talk here to a minimum though, there's plenty of non-pointless stuff we can talk about here! :steam_pigblanket:
True. I just thought it was weird. I tried to call this person out but got ignored.

It's been said a million times but it's always... i dunno, annoying(?) to see people who otherwise wouldn't give a crap about PC market to just suddenly burst into hot topics and proclaim their hopes and dreams for Epic to start dominating.

I thought especially mods would be above that behavior... Alas. As you say, on to happier things...
==============

Alliance Alive HD looks pretty good for a 3DS game.

I really loved the 3DS as a platform. And unironically enjoyed the 3D effect in many big games, but especially Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. I hope more 3DS games can get ported to PC as the library grows older and harder to obtain... it would be sad to lose a lot of it to oblivion. Same for the Vita library!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I wonder if the most sensible and realistic solution is to keep games on Steam's store for a set period, and then sunset them. Buyers can redownload them as often as wanted, but the ability to buy the game is removed. I'm not sure how much sales would be impacted if this window was set at five years, for example. I doubt many games keep doing big numbers after five years on Steam.

This is a real quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.