Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wonder if that's why some companies have been insistent on turning whatever game it is they are peddling into a "service"
nah ... that was purely about cash

1) being able to make people addicted (hello daily login rewards) and then milk them dry
2) extending an old game with new content is infinitely cheaper than making a new one

Reactions: Swenhir and xinek

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
yeah, pretty much

there's no way those games are going to be below 100GB
But aren't games supposed to also be smaller? Compression stuff or does not actually do a lot? Since at least right now there are a number of games on PC that seem to be a lot bigger than they should be if they were just compressed. Stuff like Nier A and Nioh could be something like 20GB smaller on PC.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But aren't games supposed to also be smaller? Compression stuff or does not actually do a lot? Since at least right now there are a number of games on PC that seem to be a lot bigger than they should be if they were just compressed. Stuff like Nier A and Nioh could be something like 20GB smaller on PC.
i wouldn't count on it tbh

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I finished Sekiro yesterday and I'm glad I didn't jump on the hype train sooner / when it was even more expensive, because despite finishing it and despite a lot of fun mixed in, overall I think it's a negative review from me. It's a gorgeous game with some fun fundamental combat but it's plagued by being incredibly full of itself being a very specific game and not allowing anything to pierce that structure.

On PC at least people can mod it so I would say with mods to customize the "difficulty" (I use that word loosely) it would be very approachable to more people and the game is very pretty and can be fun, and it's certainly novel, but I think everyone that would love the game straight up already knows that.

Going to try and finish up Alyx in the next couple of days, it's not perfect but so far very good.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Finally started Dishonored 2. Only played the tutorial and first mission yet but so far so good. Did not have any technical issues yet. But is fun so far. Don't see myself looking in every nook and cranny though once I saw the result screen for collectibles.

Btw. What was the ETA for Satisfactory coming to Steam again?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Btw. What was the ETA for Satisfactory coming to Steam again?
2-3 months.

Whenever crossplay between Steam and EGS is done.

Pretty weird they didn't start on it long time ago. Also thought crossplay between platforms was gonna be one of the easier things to do with EGS as I know Tim has been very forefront about crossplay. However, I only know about Dauntless and Fortnite using Epic's crossplay service. Blands 3 is using Gearbox's Shift system and Satisfactory will most likely use it's own.

Reactions: BlueOdin

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Does anybody have any recommendation for a really great tower defense game? I love Kingdom Rush, Plants vs Zombies, They Are Billions, Creeper World. What else is there at that level?

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Does anybody have any recommendation for a really great tower defense game? I love Kingdom Rush, Plants vs Zombies, They Are Billions, Creeper World. What else is there at that level?
Bit of an older one but I always thought Defense Grid was pretty great. This has a sequel but I don't believe I played it.

Also, check out GemCraft. I'll link the original, which is old, but a sequel just came out of nowhere in 2020:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I know it's not especially important but it's incredibly frustrating how often I just cannot post Steam reviews, in browser or the client. I just have to save it and try again the next day
Defender's Quest is probably my favorite TD of all time but I'm not a huge TD player so grain of salt

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I know it's not especially important but it's incredibly frustrating how often I just cannot post Steam reviews, in browser or the client. I just have to save it and try again the next day

Defender's Quest is probably my favorite TD of all time but I'm not a huge TD player so grain of salt

I'm not huge into TD and I think Defender's Quest is great!

Reactions: Wildebeet

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Wibblewozzer - Gemcraft might do the job. Turns out I actually have Defense Grid and had no idea, so I'm wishlisting Gemcraft and going to install the one I've already paid for. Shameful!

Amzin and rybrad - Thanks for that. I hadn't heard of it, but I'll give the demo a go.

Oh forgot, Orcs Must Die! That was a good time.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Maybe Sanctum 1 & 2 for that FPS TD twist. Both are really highly rated so they must be doing something right :d

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have Gujian on my "to play" list, but I have stuttering issues whenever a resource is loaded in game, on a SSD. :(
Hm. It's been butter smooth since playing it on my FreeSync monitor.
I do recall some stuttering before that, but it wasn't to the point of annoying me.
(I'm also playing it on a HDD, would be weird if that caused a better experience though, but you never know),

No shadowdrop exactly 12 months later it seems :/
World of Final Fantasy was released on PC 13 months later, there's a precedent.
Though there are also precedents for Square not giving a shit.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Interesting they go with the Replicant version.

Gonna have fun keeping my mind off the current crisis by playing a game about a, uh...

checks notes

...deadly viral outbreak. 😐
Eh, I watched TV for the first time in months yesterday, thinking it would be a nice change.
Turns out the only interesting program was a documentary about permafrost cooling up and how we are all doomed if it continues.
:dizzy-face:

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
RIP

You will live on in our memories Papa Nier

I guess he just was not popular in Japan? And maybe that's why he was the Xbox version?

And well at least this way we can play Nier R in the west in English officially, so it's good to look at the bright side of things

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
RIP

You will live on in our memories Papa Nier

I guess he just was not popular in Japan? And maybe that's why he was the Xbox version?

And well at least this way we can play Nier R in the west in English officially, so it's good to look at the bright side of things
It's not that Papa Nier is not popular in Japan. Nier originially only have the brother, papa only exist for the west version because they think that westerner will be more relatable to papa than brother.

Canonically, Nier is the brother.

Reactions: PC-tan

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Act 4 in Gujian has been pretty hype. Some damn fine spectacular boss battles :sweaty-blob:
Ahaha, that was actually the final boss fight! I thought Act 4 would be as long as the previous ones, turns out it's by the far the shortest .(And there is one plot thread that was left unresolved which I thought would be relevant afterwards, but it looks like it might be setting up for sequels. Or maybe it was a reference to one of the previous games).

Anyways, it took 62 hours and it's over. I've unlocked a Challenge mode that I guess has some arena fights that give you some rewards?
If you can stomach a wooden english translation and always online requirement, I really recomend it.
Very fascinating world and characters and it's beautiful to look at. Fun gameplay with lots of side systems. Tons of sidequests (lots of them are fetch quests for easy money or crafing recipes/crafters but there are many that give you info about lore or characters, with some having optional areas or boss fights).
A great package all around.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAHFIOHdighioähjehjglnjternhinh+#

I WTFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

WH DID I WENT TO SLEEP IBNSTEASD OGF WATCHING THIS EAMS

GKEGASIODJgionhjiosdfhoüjioüwnjhwiünjhw

NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
yeah, pretty much

there's no way those games are going to be below 100GB
They will be smaller than that, lol.
Just by the fact the devs will not need to replicate date to alleviate slow HDD seeks.
Spider-Man has, what, 600 copies of select files spread throughout the data?

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
OT but the Bravely Default II demo on Switch nearly soured me on the whole JRPG genre for some months. It's that bad.
They have work. Much, much work to do on this little piece of shit.

And having not played the BD series until now but having tried unsuccessfully to play Four Heroes of Light recently, I'm not hopeful. I mean there is a lot of room for improvement but at the core I can see that me and the lead creatives have a very different definition of good old JRPG.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I just realized that there is another Nier game besides Automata. Is it any good?

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!NIER REMASTER ON STEAM!
You're being awfully vague here, is it coming to Steam or Origin I don't get it

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
? I think I don't get it, yeah, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon is not confirmed for PC atm but, why do you say the "no shadowdrop in 12 months"?
because it's already been 12 months and it's not out, you dum-dum! ;)

Reactions: Mor

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Just woke up and Yoko Taro's tweet was the first thing I saw, what a way to start the day!
I admit I'm a bit worried about a couple of things though: the pedigree of the developer and the fact they might choose different VAs for Kaine and Weiss which would be a tremendous mistake.
I also would've preferred Gestalt but not going to complain.
Fingers crossed it turns out well.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.