Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

According to Colin Moriarty, God of War is the next SIE title to hit PC after Days Gone.
He is usually on point about much that relates to Sony and is also a very level-headed dude. Glad his new venture is a success.
I might sound stupid but... who's colin moriarty :S

sorry.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Mor btw atlus removed stadia from the survey this year
I need proof that Stadia was even an option back then or it didn't happen.

Also I wonder if the Judgement Stadia thing was already in the works for a while or if it was sort of a last moment thing. By which I mean Google already saw the writing on the wall and decided to just buy big name Exclusivity since all the other Exclusivity has been for much smaller game and well they have been paying a lot of money to just even get games on Stadia. So the money would be better spent on getting big name game and making them Exclusive.

Other wise if this was not a "last minute" thing then we'll I guess this is just a one and done thing and SEGA will not be using Stadia in the future.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I tried Genshin Impact again after a long time hiatus. I like a lot of things about the game except part of the world design (feels sorta deserted/bland) and the gameplay, mostly the combat. Don't think the game is for me. The design is great and the production values are great, but yeah, finding it rather boring and uninteresting due to the combat and the world building. Did a "dungeon" and felt very "meh".
I think combat in Genshin is something that really only comes together when you're quite high level and played it a lot.

However, at that point I think they really deserve some credit for the game design. While no individual character has a ton of depth, there actually is a lot of depth in both team building and itemization, and if you think about it that's really smart game design for a gacha game (since you want players to care about multiple characters and their items).

And the moment-to-moment gameplay does also have a bit more depth at a high levels than is immediately apparent, with stuff like animation cancelling, managing the various sources of iframes, managing energy regen and which party members generate/receive it, the impact of combo ordering on damage output, and the surprising difference good positioning (and enemy position management) can make in battle outcomes.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I have been playing some more APEX and I have noticed a difference.

I usually play on the JPN PC servers..... Any way people usually dip pretty quickly, which sort of sucks since you can still save them in some cases.

On console I have noticed that people use mics to talk but I'm guessing that's because of console limitations/restrictions (I should have recorded my last session on Xbox) and I noticed this both when I was playing on Xbox and on PS5. On PS5 there was even a point where I could hear some peoples conversation on my Duals Sense controller.

Also since I have not restarted my Xbox in a few months online was very bad for Apex since it was saying 59 fps but that did not feel like it.

On PC it just feels a lot more smoother but on consoles it does feel like people have more patients for you.

Also I do like how the characters talk in the game, I guess that if you didn't pay much attention it would other wise be a game where it's dead quite and your running a large map.

Without mic does PUBG "feel dead"? In some of the other FPS games that I play (even in Titanfall 1 there is at least the NPC that tells you about the current situation of the match).

Reactions: xxr

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
  • Disapproval
  • Eyes
Reactions: xinek and Tomasety

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I'm liking this Cabaret stuff in Yakuza 0 more than the Real Estate, but I may not play another video game for a while after this.
I loved both minigames but the Cabaret was indeed the most enjoyable one. When I saw that Kiwami 2 also featured basically the same minigame I said to myself that I probably wouldn't even bother and... I ended up spending as much time with it as I did in Yakuza 0.

The only complaint I have is that they changed the Fever Time song (probably because it was too... eighties).

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
i am pretty sure Chuck did it just to troll the other forum :face-savouring-delicious-food:
I cant wait for this guy to lose it though , given how harcore he was with the "BB is never hapepning" last year :blobeyes:

and yeah the trains guy seems to be pretty much compiler of leakes from elsewhere looking at his tweet history
Is it me though or has Lance changed his tune though on Bloodborne on PC, was a definate not coming to PC... now he is not not saying it won't come. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Without mic does PUBG "feel dead"? In some of the other FPS games that I play (even in Titanfall 1 there is at least the NPC that tells you about the current situation of the match).
PUBG is way slower and methodical in its gameplay. People won matches by hiding the whole game in a bathtub in a house and then getting the last kill. I couldn't imagine playing Apex like that.
So it doesn't "feel dead" at all, the atmosphere is just way different since it's taking the realisitc military shooter approach.

Also the main mode in PUBG is solos which Apex doesn't even have. So when people group up they usually use mics to communicate.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
How come that big companies such as Microsoft needs approval from governments or whatever before they can acquire companies such as Zenimax when smaller companies such as Epic, who is partially owned by a much bigger company, Tencent, doesn't need any approvals? What's the difference?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
How come that big companies such as Microsoft needs approval from governments or whatever before they can acquire companies such as Zenimax when smaller companies such as Epic, who is partially owned by a much bigger company, Tencent, doesn't need any approvals? What's the difference?
Epic is still operationally independent and isn't a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tencent. And in the scheme of things they're pretty small and them buying up studios is not going to have the potential to distort the market in a way that requires as much regulatory scrutiny. Yet.

Meanwhile, Microsoft is one of the biggest corporations in the world with an already massive games publishing arm, who are buying up another very big publishing arm. I can see why regulators may want to do their due diligence with that one.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
The difference is in scope. Microsoft outright buying an entire holding company with many studios in it is a much bigger deal antitrust-wise than Tencent buying a percentage of a single company.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, ultimately it's supposed to be a check to prevent large monopolies from forming via acquisitions. So it's not at all surprising that this particular deal went through, since although it's large there are still several equally large competitors in the game business and MS is far from becoming a monopoly there.

Another only tangentially gaming related deal that is currently in the process is Nvidia acquiring ARM. That one is somewhat more interesting and the outcome isn't as clear IMHO.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im so tired of seeing EA games like Unravel and Sea of Solitude on top of my wishlist with discount filtered that Im just gonna buy them before their sale ends. I only own the first Unravel from before on Origin, so it's not a big deal really.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Speaking of Tales of Arise, the main girl's Japanese VA is the same as Xenoblade 2's Pyra/Mythra. It's weird to see a lesser-known VA voicing the main heroines for two of the biggest JRPGs in recent years. On the other hand, her performance in Xenoblade 2 is perfect so I am totally ok with her getting more work.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
Status
Not open for further replies.