Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm just glad that Shadow isn't shutting down, or so I hope. It's pretty much my only way or having a powerful-ish machine I have any degree of control over. GFN is nice but it doesn't support anywhere near everything, and you can kiss mods and config file tweaking goodbye.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I stopped following Lance McDonald when I noticed he was on board with the old " I don't play on PC because you don't really own your games on Steam" bs, so of course he was all against a Bloodborne porting.
Besides, he poses like a Souls enthusiast despite never playing the DLCs or even completing those games

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Any recent Arise gameplay? Kinda have high hopes for it being a rethink/upgrade of the whole series. If not to the level of Granblue Relink's premise then close.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I mean, same goes for Days Gone, it will probably release in that time (April-June) and it is April when some more marketing promotions should start rolling as it's a new season, quite common, to be honest.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks, clears up that question. Wonder if they'll already announce a release date.
Most likely or perhaps rather sooner with other Bandai Namco games, Nexus for example, that one is Summer confirmed and we don't have a release date yet.

Reactions: Mivey

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The "Spring 2020" picture was referring to more info to come, not the release window. So they might announce the release date in there, but it could come out way later.

Besides, he poses like a Souls enthusiast despite never playing the DLCs or even completing those games

• Toucan
Reactions: Kal1m3r0

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So, I had some smörgåstårta for lunch today. How are your Saturdays going? :drinking-blob:
Building my basically new PC, which will not work yet because the RAM has not arrived yet...
But I'll prepare as much as I can already.

Reactions: FunnyJay

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Loop Hero is $10 on Humble if you picked up the Monthly. I don't even know what this game is, and I'm pretty tempted.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Loop Hero is $10 on Humble if you picked up the Monthly. I don't even know what this game is, and I'm pretty tempted.

It's a damn amazing game that's what it is.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Speaking of Tales of Arise, the main girl's Japanese VA is the same as Xenoblade 2's Pyra/Mythra. It's weird to see a lesser-known VA voicing the main heroines for two of the biggest JRPGs in recent years. On the other hand, her performance in Xenoblade 2 is perfect so I am totally ok with her getting more work.
Aah that is fantastic, she did such a good job in xenoblade 2.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
The "Spring 2020" picture was referring to more info to come, not the release window. So they might announce the release date in there, but it could come out way later.
That's what we were saying :cat-heart-blob:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Reactions: QFNS and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I loved both minigames but the Cabaret was indeed the most enjoyable one. When I saw that Kiwami 2 also featured basically the same minigame I said to myself that I probably wouldn't even bother and... I ended up spending as much time with it as I did in Yakuza 0.

The only complaint I have is that they changed the Fever Time song (probably because it was too... eighties).

my jam right now

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Iron Danger 75% off, yay or nay?

Disgaea 5 Complete 60% off, yay or nay?
Disgea 5 is definitely a Yay from me, really really good game.

Never heard of Iron Danger, but looking at the steam page it looks right up my alley, so thanks for highlighting it.

Reactions: Lashley

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Iron Danger 75% off, yay or nay?

Disgaea 5 Complete 60% off, yay or nay?
Im also heavely considering Iron Danger, looks cool.

Haven't played much of Disgaea 5, but I found it quite fun, maybe a bit grindy at parts. But if you are generally into tactical RPGs, it's good.

Reactions: Lashley

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Yakuza 6 needed and I am sorted for March!
Nice batch. Also picked up Peaky Blinders.

Very curious how Evil Genius 2 is, heard good things about it (beta testers?), but I have too many games to play now (currently on Wasteland 3, next should be Ghostrunner), so it gotta wait.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Nice batch. Also picked up Peaky Blinders.

Very curious how Evil Genius 2 is, heard good things about it (beta testers?), but I have too many games to play now (currently on Wasteland 3, next should be Ghostrunner), so it gotta wait.
I played way too much Evil Genius 1 as a kid, hopefully 2 is decent

Reactions: FunnyJay

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I played way too much Evil Genius 1 as a kid, hopefully 2 is decent
At least you will have an easy time to get a refund if you don't like it.

One of my problems with console gaming, especially on PS and Nintendo is the combo of pricing and their lack of refund system.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
At least you will have an easy time to get a refund if you don't like it.

One of my problems with console gaming, especially on PS and Nintendo is the combo of pricing and their lack of refund system.
I can't get over how bad refunds are on PSN. I couldn't get a refund for WWE 2K20 because the Playstation auto downloaded it?! I didn't even launch it lol

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan and Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I can't get over how bad refunds are on PSN. I couldn't get a refund for WWE 2K20 because the Playstation auto downloaded it?! I didn't even launch it lol
I have a much easier time buying games on Steam than on Playstation due to refunds.

Like whenever I get a PS5 my first focus will be getting Demons Souls (unless Sony releases it on PC, but I don't think that is happening this year at least). Otherwise I have no idea what other games. Returnal looks cool, Ratchet looks cool, Sackboy looks cool, but their prices are not cool and what if I don't like the game? Well too bad for me.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Ah, the sweet smell of LRM in the morning.

I'm starting to get the hang of Battletech! Still using medium mechs but I'm starting to win battles I'm out-tonned and out-gunned in. I'm getting better, little by little, thanks again for all the advice earlier. PPC's and AC's are really awesome at getting things to rapidly and irreversibly undergo energy transfers. I also love the lore that the Expanded mod adds! Vehicles are also really not to be trifled with. Some of them seemed to have LRM20 hammering me from a hill, and between the evasion maluses and the sheer damage, those little tin-cans did me in for my first attempt.

So far so good, and the plot is surprisingly compelling.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021

1.8kk players in one month for a Simplified Chinese only language game seems impressive to me. Another outstanding success for the Chinese market. No wonder why Valve have been workind so hard to release a Steam China client and realm.

Might look into picking this up as soon as the English translation drops. Chinese devs have been making some amazing games lately and I would support any attempts to bring it to a Western audience, especially games with the wuxia/xianxia setting.

I did pick up Loop Hero with Humble Choice discount so will probably start putting time into that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.