Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I guess I'll have to check out Loop Hero before too long then, the impressions are great.

On the topic of indie devs iterating on deck builders, I highly recommend Vault of the Void. I've got about 20 hours in so far and still learning some strategies but the core gameplay systems are almost exactly what I'd want in any deck builder: decision making with information presented to you rather than without. You can adapt your deck before every fight and once you're on the "room" you have an idea of the fight ahead. You can map your path on a floor by trying to prioritize certain card rewards, or other rewards like artifacts / upgrades / money. There are 3 classes each with 2-3 distinct mechanics and some shared cards.

It's in early access but I keep legitimately forgetting about that. The dev is super responsive and seems to be improving on things the players are asking for first (presentation and clarity). There is at least one more class planned and I'm not sure of what else, honestly the game as-is was well worth my purchase.

Reactions: xinek and Jav

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
The difference is, he was a real insider.

Neogaf was pretty fun back in the day.
Crazy Buttocks wasn't an insider, if I remember correctly. I think it was just a joint account that was used by the staff to post anonymous leaks.

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Just finished Gears 5 on Gamepass. The visuals are amazing all around, and the gameplay is solid. The story is nothing special.

My only complaint is that some sections have incredibly cheap ways to die. So many 1-shot sections where you have nowhere to run, or even hide sometims. It's mostly fine, though.

Performance is solid too.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
They were unfortunately spot on with this prediction.

Are we sure that it is not a situation where the tweeter deleted all the wrong "leaks"?

Kingdome hearts collection coming to Steam soon!
Kingdome hearts collection coming to PC soon!
Kingdome hearts collection coming to PC soon, EGS exclusive!
Kingdome hearts will never come to PC
All at the same time on an unknown Twitter account

And delete the wrong tweets after the correct situation appears.
There was a twitter account at the time of the FIFA world cup in brazil, who claimed that all results were predetermined because of corruption. He made hundreds of posts with every possible result and deleted the wrong results after the match was over.

Reactions: lashman

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Are we sure that it is not a situation where the tweeter deleted all the wrong "leaks"?
I personally don't think so, everything posted on that twitter handle seems like it was taken directly from here, like word for word.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I tried Genshin Impact again after a long time hiatus. I like a lot of things about the game except part of the world design (feels sorta deserted/bland) and the gameplay, mostly the combat. Don't think the game is for me. The design is great and the production values are great, but yeah, finding it rather boring and uninteresting due to the combat and the world building. Did a "dungeon" and felt very "meh".

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I tried Genshin Impact again after a long time hiatus. I like a lot of things about the game except part of the world design (feels sorta deserted/bland) and the gameplay, mostly the combat. Don't think the game is for me. The design is great and the production values are great, but yeah, findign it rather boring and uninteresting due to the combat and the world building. Did a "dungeon" and felt very "meh".
Just say it, you don't like anime! :disapproval-blob:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Lords of Shadow has a really odd 'pacing'
The game is divided into chapters
Each chapter has a set number of parts; the first chapter has 5 parts, but ch. 2 has around 7 parts, chapters 3 and 4 have 2 parts each.

Chapters with lots of parts tend to have shortish levels, but those with few have somewhat lengthy levels. However, the former can have some slightly lengthy levels too like in chapter 5.

As I replay the game, I find that some short levels ought to have been straight up omitted or cut out as they don't really add much and feel like filler.
Non the less, I commend the team for applying some light puzzles into the game but the fixed camera is utterly annoying since it can obscure primary paths or areas that you have to go to in order to progress, case in point is this part during Ch. 5

This damaged wall could be easily overlooked as you roam around trying to find out how to actually progress in this area.

The fixed camera gets worse when it comes to combat because some unblockable attacks may not be easily discerned if their animation resembles normal attacks. Even then how the heck am I supposed to figure out what kind of attack enemies are going to pull off so I can block counter their attacks on time when the camera is zoomed out because of the fixed camera angles? This shit didn't happen in God of War because it kept the camera close enough in range for you to be able to see what is going on. Also enemies tend to block way too much which wastes shadow magic if you have it on and wailing at enemies...yeugh....
Such a mixed bag this game, equal good and bad parts.

At any rate, The game has 75 gems btw; 5 upgrades for each of health, shadow and light. That means at least 100 knights from the Brotherhood treked through the land in the hopes of stopping the madness that plagues it @_@ The only question I got is: How the heck have some of them managed to reach farther than gabriel and without some of the tools that he has?

Speaking of which; tools. The Combat cross 'upgrades' don't really feel like upgrades. For one thing your attack power never increases and at best you just get the equivalent of a special key that'll open a special door that you otherwise could not progress through unless you got that 'upgrade'.
...equal good and bad parts this game, I swear...

I don't use Twitter well I don't have a account.

seems like mostly they are just posting thing's posted here or just rumoured around net
TBH if anyone would lay claim to such leaks; it's the testers :okblob:

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I tried Genshin Impact again after a long time hiatus. I like a lot of things about the game except part of the world design (feels sorta deserted/bland) and the gameplay, mostly the combat. Don't think the game is for me. The design is great and the production values are great, but yeah, finding it rather boring and uninteresting due to the combat and the world building. Did a "dungeon" and felt very "meh".
The 2nd big region and the ice mountain area are much more interesting visually. Mondstadt is kinda "generic fantasy 101".
The "dungeons" aren't really a big focus, they're never going to get much more compelling, outside of some puzzles and unique mechanics here and there, unfortunately. If you're looking for some fancy MMO-type dungeons, you will be disappointed.
Combat can vary wildy depending on which characters you have, but yeah, that's mostly up to luck or long-term investment.
I think combat alright, but it's not super deep in execution. The depth is mostly found in team-building, but again, kinda gated by luck or long-term investment.
Exploration is definitely the highlight.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
If you own most of the modern XCOM 1/2 and Chimera games and some DLCs, you might want to check this bundle out.
"Complete the set" type

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

According to Colin Moriarty, God of War is the next SIE title to hit PC after Days Gone.
He is usually on point about much that relates to Sony and is also a very level-headed dude. Glad his new venture is a success.

Reactions: Ge0force

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

According to Colin Moriarty, God of War is the next SIE title to hit PC after Days Gone.
He is usually on point about much that relates to Sony and is also a very level-headed dude. Glad his new venture is a success.
He doesn't say GoW is next, just mention "GoW" as in an example of games from Sony that sales have dried up on console if I heard right and can therefore get more money out of by releasing on PC.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Didn't he want to start a weird libertarian podcast or something? Remember he quit Kinda Funny over a sexist tweet.
Think he also had this "keep politics out of gaming/journalism" stance that always felt really Gamergate adjacent.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Didn't he want to start a weird libertarian podcast or something? Remember he quit Kinda Funny over a sexist tweet.
Think he also had this "keep politics out of gaming/journalism" stance that always felt really Gamergate adjacent.
I really don't know much about him aside from his podcast I like. That's where my comment about level-headedness comes from. On his podcast at least he makes rather sound observations in regards to gaming and Sony's new direction.
He is obviously a huge fan of Sony but is not at all hostile to them expanding to PC.

Maybe he is just a bigot politically, that would be disappointing.

Either way he is usually reliable when it comes to Sony stuff. He claimed he knew all along Days Gone would be announced on PC early 2021...

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Bloodborne better be next. Everyone wants it badly and Sony knows it.
The problem is....Bloodborne is not only coming to PC.
Hence, I could see Sony announcing the remaster during whatever replaces E3 this year. It would be a very big announcement.

After Days Gone releases on PC I think God of War's announcement is next. It will be >3 years old by that time. Spider-Man & Uncharted Collection in the summer.
Ghost of Tsushima November/December 2021 on PC.

Unless Sony just announces a slew of games at once.

Reactions: thistestnow

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
If you own most of the modern XCOM 1/2 and Chimera games and some DLCs, you might want to check this bundle out.
"Complete the set" type

Holy shit, this gets me Chimera Squad for 4 bucks. That makes the current Humble Choice an easy pause lol.

Reactions: Tomasety

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
"Complete the set" type

Thanks for mentioning this btw! Got War of the Chosen, Tactical Legacy Pack and Resistance Warrior Pack for 6,21 euro. :steam_pigblanket:

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
The problem is....Bloodborne is not only coming to PC.
Hence, I could see Sony announcing the remaster during whatever replaces E3 this year. It would be a very big announcement.

After Days Gone releases on PC I think God of War's announcement is next. It will be >3 years old by that time. Spider-Man & Uncharted Collection in the summer.
Ghost of Tsushima November/December 2021 on PC.

Unless Sony just announces a slew of games at once.
As much as everyone wants Bloodborne. Anything with a potential sequal makes the most sense $$$ wise. Which is why I also think GoW will be next.

Reactions: fearthedawn

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Unceremonious RIP to Artifact. Disappointed but not surprised, I thought the game's biggest problem were ridiculous payment model at the release and didn't agree with some directions dev team took the Artifact 2 in order to casualize the game for mainstream gamers (which is silly because Hearthstone has iron control over that demographic).

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
As much as everyone wants Bloodborne. Anything with a potential sequal makes the most sense $$$ wise. Which is why I also think GoW will be next.
Bloodborne might or might not get a sequel but financially let's not kid ourselves this is THE release they need to get out ASAP.

Well look at what Sony has decided to greenlight on PC : both AAA blockbusters. It would make sense to keep doing that with God of War/Spider-Man and others. Sony are here on PC to print some freaking money.

I'd LOVE Wipeout or Sly Raccoon or even Jak & Daxter on PC but economically it's a much more difficult proposition. Imagine pitching that to Sony execs....

Status
Not open for further replies.