Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Whoa. Turtles.
Still remember having my mind blown back when I first heard that it was actually TMNT and not TMHT as it was here.

No ninjas allowed, only heroes.
And here we only had ninjas and turtles, no teenage mutants.
The joys of translating dumb titles :cold-sweat:

• Toucan
Reactions: Rogue Agent

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

you ready for Crysis BR ?
Ah, Yerli.

I recall his arrogance during the Crysis transition to consoles. PC gamers are pirates, consoles are the promised land and the path to glory, his dreams of Crysis dethroning Call of Duty....

Funny how that worked out in the end. EA shelved the IP, and the only truly impacting game they have made is a PC exclusive.

I hold no grudges but I do not forget either.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I was REALLY into TMNT at one point in my life.
I'm mildly curious to discover TMNT and Transformers comics.

Oh and...
Cool. Cool cool cool. Now my left speaker refuse to output sound unless I stick its cable under it.
Why, yes, it's tote the right six months for that shit to happen :neutral-face:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Ah, Yerli.

I recall his arrogance during the Crysis transition to consoles. PC gamers are pirates, consoles are the promised land and the path to glory, his dreams of Crysis dethroning Call of Duty....

Funny how that worked out in the end. EA shelved the IP, and the only truly impacting game they have made is a PC exclusive.

I hold no grudges but I do not forget either.
I agree with everything you have said, but just as extra info, if you are talking about Hunt: Showdown then that is on consoles and not only PC.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018

and it's developed by Tribute. Love that dev team! Super excited about this one
Definitely give impressions! It looks really snazzy.
Finally finished it. It is headache inducing hahaha. Some of visuals are so "psychedelic" it made me go cross eyed! It's great, though! nice story, and the "battles" are equal parts amazing and frustrating! it's worth a shot for 10 bucks and about 5 hours of fun, i will probably play through it again. A friend told me it was alittle like undertale, but admittedly I've never played it...

• Comfy
Reactions: ganmo and lashman

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
This looks cool but it mostly reminded me of another Paradise Lost game that I haven't heard anything about in years.

Looked up the kickstarter page and turns out there was an update just a month ago. That's honestly shocking. I had long assumed the project was dead. Also, to give an idea of how long ago the kickstarter was, the target platforms listed on their campaign page are PC, Wii U, and the Ouya lmao.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Kinda funny how people only owning certain consoles don't know if TMNT is coming to their console, but thanks to the Steam page we know it's coming to PC.

From what I understood, it's not easy and there are restrictions for devs and pubs to put out a game page on Ninty/PS/Xbox, so saying a game comes to "consoles" isn't always clear on which consoles. The ease of putting out a Steam page allows devs and pubs to advertise and promote their game earlier too. Wishlisting, game promoting with the game page etc. is very important for devs and pubs according to my Twitter observations and the restrictions consoles have for that are not good.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
This Turtles news brought me in the mood to reply Turtles in Time: Reshelled. I owned it on PS3 but I can't find it on Steam. Was it removed or never published on Steam?

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I mean once a month they literally delete everything on all the official rust servers anyway so they just sped things up, minus the whole lighting things on fire
Sadly other servers were also hosted in that datacenter (my brother's, for instance, and they haven't told him what they are going to do going forward)

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Sadly other servers were also hosted in that datacenter (my brother's, for instance, and they haven't told him what they are going to do going forward)
Right, I mean it's a big deal that it happened at all for the fire and it's affecting a ton of people but for Rust it isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but for other companies/people it's devastating

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So, I was kinda confused about the Monster Hunter games coming and why World 2 wasn't one of them. And if I have this right, Rise is basically "World 2", as in the next mainline one? And Stories is some kind of turn-based RPG spin-off?

Who needs numerals? This isn't confusing at all lol.

I was kind of hoping they'd keep making higher fidelity games like World but I guess Rise looks fine. That's the benefit of the Switch being a hybrid system, I guess. They can target it for multiplat releases without compromising on the visuals too much. Hopefully the PC release will scale up a bit, although this being Capcom I'm not gonna hold my breath...

Reactions: Swenhir

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So, I was kinda confused about the Monster Hunter games coming and why World 2 wasn't one of them. And if I have this right, Rise is basically "World 2", as in the next mainline one? And Stories is some kind of turn-based RPG spin-off?

I was kind of hoping they'd keep making higher fidelity games like World but I guess Rise looks fine. That's the benefit of the Switch being a hybrid system, I guess. They can target it for multiplat releases without compromising on the visuals too much. Hopefully the PC release will scale up a bit, although this being Capcom I'm not gonna hold my breath...
They said they dropped numericals in favor of subtitles that matched the mechanics of the entry. Rise in particular is in reference to the verticality of the maps and gameplay compared to earlier entries.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

MH: Generations and Ultimate ---> MH: Rise (think of it more as Nintendo version)
MH: World ---> World 2 (Will be getting a direct sequel, and the next gen looking version you want in terms of graphics)
MH: Stories is a singleplayer jrpg, something like xenoblade.

But yeah it can be confusing when all you see is monster hunter this, monster hunter that.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
They said they dropped numericals in favor of subtitles that matched the mechanics of the entry. Rise in particular is in reference to the verticality of the maps and gameplay compared to earlier entries.
I see. I guess that makes sense in theory, but as someone that got into the series with World it took me way too long to realize Rise was the follow-up to that lol.

MH: Generations and Ultimate ---> MH: Rise (think of it more as Nintendo version)
MH: World ---> World 2 (Will be getting a direct sequel, and the next gen looking version you want in terms of graphics)
MH: Stories is a singleplayer jrpg, something like xenoblade.

But yeah it can be confusing when all you see is monster hunter this, monster hunter that.
... or is it? Where are you getting this from? The wikipedia page for the series lists World as the fifth mainline entry, coming after MH4, and Rise as the sixth.

Reactions: Arsene

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
... or is it? Where are you getting this from? The wikipedia page for the series lists World as the fifth mainline entry, coming after MH4, and Rise as the sixth.
I'm pulling the name World 2 out my ass of course, I'm sure they will call it something else and maybe be different in style from World. I'm just speaking from what the fans have said on various fan sites, that there is believed to be two teams now working on Monster Hunter, one doing more Nintendo style versions and then another doing PC/PS/XB versions.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I'm pulling the name World 2 out my ass of course, I'm sure they will call it something else and maybe be different in style from World. I'm just speaking from what the fans have said on various fan sites, that there is believed to be two teams now working on Monster Hunter, one doing more Nintendo style versions and then another doing PC/PS/XB versions.
Everything I can find points to Rise being that title. Not gonna lie, I kinda hope you're wrong because I haven't even touched Iceborne yet and if they announce a third new game in the near future it's gonna start being overwhelming lol.

Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Everything I can find points to Rise being that title. Not gonna lie, I kinda hope you're wrong because I haven't even touched Iceborne yet and if they announce a third new game in the near future it's gonna start being overwhelming lol.
Don't get me wrong Rise is a mainline title, I don't think anyone thinks its some small game. World has sold 16million copies at last estimate though so they will want a game on those consoles/PC, I would like to imagine it would only release 2023 earliest. (Just remember everything I'm saying could be shit :poop:)

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Don't get me wrong Rise is a mainline title, I don't think anyone thinks its some small game. World has sold 16million copies at last estimate though so they will want a game on those consoles/PC, I would like to imagine it would only release 2023 earliest. (Just remember everything I'm saying could be shit :poop:)
Didn't that Capcom leak confirm that Rise will at least hit PC eventually? I would assume the other consoles as well. Unless Nintendo has console exclusivity, in which case another title for those would make sense, yeah.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Didn't that Capcom leak confirm that Rise will at least hit PC eventually? I would assume the other consoles as well. Unless Nintendo has console exclusivity, in which case another title for those would make sense, yeah.
Yeah it is coming to PC (PC is like the middle man for monster hunter, gets it later than all other versions, but atleast gets it.) I believe the leaks showed they paid $6million to keep it exclusive. Capcom wanted PC because of China.

Edit: Sorry everyone we ended up taking this page over.:ripblob:

• Eyes

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Rise is already officially confirmed for a Steam release in early 2022. Nintendo probably paid for full console exclusivity beyond the delay of a PC version.

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Edit: Sorry everyone we ended up taking this page over.:ripblob:
If we hadn't, it would just have been more Ninja Turtles. :p

Rise is already officially confirmed for a Steam release in early 2022. Nintendo probably paid for full console exclusivity beyond the delay of a PC version.
That would suck. And yeah just checked and it sounds like the leak confirmed Nintendo did pay for it although the reddit thread I found only mentioned timed exclusivity. As long as it's coming to PC I'll be good, I guess.

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis and lashman

Anne

Apr 18, 2019
Monster Hunter tends to vary things up between releases, so expecting a MHW2 or something is a bit odd. Despite MHW's success, it was really alienating to the older MonHun experience and didn't cater to the home it's had for years (portable consoles). Generations came out during the MHW cycle, but that was really just an extension of MH4 to buy time for World. I'm not complaining though cause MHGU is fucking sick and ended up being a way better game than MHW at the end of the day.

The director for Rise is comin off of MHGU and a lot of really neat stuff from that game has made its way into Rise. It's still very much a sequel game to MHW in that it carries over a lot of the baseline weapon sets and QoL, but they're definitely banking on the flavor of older, portable MonHun titles after the criticisms of MHW. I'm hoping the people who got on board with MHW like this style; the demo is super promising.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.