Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Apr 18, 2019
That would suck. And yeah just checked and it sounds like the leak confirmed Nintendo did pay for it although the reddit thread I found only mentioned timed exclusivity. As long as it's coming to PC I'll be good, I guess.
To add one last bit of perspective on this, MH evangelicals have been playing and shilling these games for the last decade on relatively underpowered handhelds like the PSP and 3DS. Even during that, it was a big ass franchise for Capcom. The meme of getting on a Japanese train and just seeing people playing MH exclusively existed for a reason. To go from that environment to World is...jarring. It makes sense Capcom and Nintendo both want to keep that good thing going though, so catering to that demographic is something they are going to do. If it weren't for us, MHW wouldn't have been in a position to blow up like it did in the first place.

What is actually kind of weird though is they are clearly signposting they want this game to be super friendly to MHW players. Just lookin at how the weapons and maps work compared to the last Nintendo title(MHGU) is night and day. If I were a primary steam player, I'd feel left out too with the shitty PC release schedule. But the reality is they are trying to expand the portable playerbase off of MHW hype, and it won't hurt to throw it on PC later. Whoever said earlier there will be a more home focused MHW sequel (I still doubt it's called MHW2 and it'll be quite different) with a better PC release schedule is more than likely correct. I bet it'll get revealed while Rise is going through the G rank part of the cycle, giving plenty of time for some breathing room..

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Whoever said earlier there will be a more home focused MHW sequel (I still doubt it's called MHW2 and it'll be quite different) with a better PC release schedule is more than likely correct. I bet it'll get revealed while Rise is going through the G rank part of the cycle, giving plenty of time for some breathing room..
I think the leaked Capcom schedule mentioned MH NS G in 2022 which is probably the G rank update and "Monster Hunter 6" in 2023 so this seems very likely.

And an anime character gets added to the game.
So does anyone know when the Bloodborne port is coming? [UWSL]:blobyesanime:[/UWSL]

• Disapproval
Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
This Turtles news brought me in the mood to reply Turtles in Time: Reshelled. I owned it on PS3 but I can't find it on Steam. Was it removed or never published on Steam?
Only on consoles iirc
The game is a remake of the arcade version and at the time wasn't liked by some fans
I like it still shrugs

EDIT: It runs fine on RPCS3 though, as I tested it some months ago and beaten it.
This was among the most played games on my PS3 as my young nephews and nieces really liked it :)

Last edited:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Based on this, Sean took about month to get papers to Devolver.
Devolvers answer was same as Rust's, asking for more time.

Valve, CDPR, kChamp and Ubisoft still haven't answered.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Based on this, Sean took about month to get papers to Devolver.
Devolvers answer was same as Rust's, asking for more time.

Valve, CDPR, kChamp and Ubisoft still haven't answered.

It's taking so long that not even media remembers about this.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Here's some cool hi res old school artwork

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
It's taking so long that not even media remembers about this.
You remember that lootbox lawsuit against Valve? From 2016.

well two class actions combined
one part is parents suing Valve for kids lootbox purchases using money parents gave
other part is kids suing Valve for their own lootbox purchases

Plaintiffs has lost both in arbitration and then resumed lawsuit
which seems to be finally going forward.

Seems like Valve did successfully got kids part dismissed, so only parents are now left.

hearing about dropping was about year ago and is even on youtube. but I guess corona delayed decission until december ish?.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
You remember that lootbox lawsuit against Valve? From 2016.

well two class actions combined
one part is parents suing Valve for kids lootbox purchases using money parents gave
other part is kids suing Valve for their own lootbox purchases

Plaintiffs has lost both in arbitration and then resumed lawsuit
which seems to be finally going forward.

Seems like Valve did successfully got kids part dismissed, so only parents are now left.

hearing about dropping was about year ago and is even on youtube. but I guess corona delayed decission until december ish?.

Woah, totally forgot about this one :O

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I moved my PC from behind the 4K TV. Picked up two 27" 1440p 165hz monitors with G-sync and my god. My god. Why didn't I do this sooner? First of all, thank heck no more having to alt-tab for everything. Dual-monitors is great! The resolution loss (from 2160p to 1440p) is a bit of a sting, as an IQ hound but... G-sync is an absolute game changer holy shit. From playing FFXIV at 60hz to 120hz.. Just wow.

Can't wait to test it on other stuff! No more screen tearing, holy shit!!

Ah I guess one other thing about monitors Vs. TV is that Aliasing seems a lot more noticeable to me. But I can't quite tell if that's because I'm sitting closer, or because monitors don't have any post-processing chips inside them like a TV does.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Playing Cyberpunk with double-jump, stealth kills and a katana for quick fights feels very good.
Quicky darting through multiple enemies and chopping heads is exactly the reason I went with the katana back when I played it. Really need to get back to it someday.

Reactions: LEANIJA

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Quicky darting through multiple enemies and chopping heads is exactly the reason I went with the katana back when I played it. Really need to get back to it someday.
If you like this kind of gameplay, make sure to check Ghostrunner.

It's exactly 'Quicky darting through multiple enemies and chopping heads' with a katana for all of its duration.

Great game

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
PC Exclusivity Concerns
In combing through the various backer comments, it’s clear that there is a great deal of concern about Eiyuden Chronicle being released exclusively on a PC platform. As mentioned previously, we have confirmed with any potential publishing partner, including 505 Games, that the game needed to be released on PC in a non-exclusive manner.

We know that some people have had bad experiences with previous Kickstarters, specifically due to this point, and we wanted to reiterate our commitment to releasing the game without exclusivity to any one platform.

We feel that this was an important enough point to emphasize, which is why we’re including it in this month’s update.
This was in the March backer update for Eiyuden Chronicle. Good to see it being addressed.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
damn, soo no way they fix the price, sad day indeed
Indeed. And this goes further than Microsoft's games. Devs and publishers who did charge reasonable prices for their games must be scratching their head right now.

I really don't like where this is going:

• Microsoft charging €70 for their games and getting away with it
  • Microsoft buying some of the most successful studios and publishers. Not only will these games release at €70 as well, but we won't see games from these developers in Humble Choice or cheap bundles anymore
  • The same goes for EA: no more Codemasters games in Humble Choice or cheap bundles anymore
  • Ubisoft pulling all their games from Steam - and worse - also from 3rd party keystores
  • Epic moneyhatting dozens of popular 3rd party games in order to cripple other (and better) storefronts
  • THQ Nordic buying a huge chunk of independent developers, God knows what their plans are...

Epic turned me into a "patient gamer" already, but the things I mentioned above are moving me away from playing AAA games completely. I'm not sure this is a bad thing to be honest. I'm having lots of fun with AA- and indiegames.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
This was in the March backer update for Eiyuden Chronicle. Good to see it being addressed.
This is also how many speak before the Epic "dump-truck o'scloozy moneys" shows up at their door and they do an about face/505 fucks them over as part of the publishing deal

Reactions: Li Kao

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't know about being overly pessimistic about the 70 bucks price tag. There's an inescapable reality there that wish as they might, Microsoft and the AAA industry can't avoid. Buying power has stagnated, if not dwindled with COVID outside of stimulus checks. They may be getting a relative success with sims and car games which you could argue already skew toward the richer demographics of gamers, but I doubt this is going to be sustainable or competitive in a more crowded market, let alone in a period dense with releases.

In my view, these are just corps being greedy and I hate to see them being rewarded, but I don't think this can fly industry-wide in the long term.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
  • Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

We're so thrilled and blown away to announce that over 500,000 players have set out on loop adventures in the first week since Loop Hero's launch! But our biggest achievement has been to hit Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam user reviews - thank you all so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.