Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I just stumbled across his channel looking for Kerbal help and yeah he's great. He's got a nice voice and isn't a screamy shouty guy. I also found another guy who does Elite Dangerous vids - ObsidianAnt - who has a similar style. I like most things sciencey and spacey so these two are great to watch as they seem to have a real passion for games+science.
"Screamy shouty guy" is the equivalent of the "uncle installed Steam as a prank" meme at this point.

No-one in the range of 1.000 to 1.000.000 subscribers is really shouting in their microphone. At least on Youtube. Sure there are the big guys like PDP but any other who made it big in the Horror game reaction period lost that shtick really fast. They have other methods to fish for subscribers.

Not to gang up on you, but when someone says they found a channel that is not screamy shouty, it probably means it is the first channel they found or it got recommended to them and they are surprised to have such a luck in finding the golden goose, when it is just the norm.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Loop Hero should really have a demo. Steam search tells me that Loop Hero does have a demo. But I don't see it on the page.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Loop Hero should really have a demo. Steam search tells me that Loop Hero does have a demo. But I don't see it on the page.
SteamDB - Loop Hero Demo

Yeah, i couldn't see a button on the store webpage but SteamDB says there's a demo. I'm not knowledgable enough to know how to get at it though or if it's still valid but it was changed 19 days ago.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Those who know, know:
Useless anecdote of the day is the fact that one company in my town still uses it for their internal communication.

SteamDB - Loop Hero Demo

Yeah, i couldn't see a button on the store webpage but SteamDB says there's a demo. I'm not knowledgable enough to know how to get at it though or if it's still valid but it was changed 19 days ago.
Just use that Install button there (or: steam://subscriptioninstall/535534).

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Useless anecdote of the day is the fact that one company in my town still uses it for their internal communication.

Just use that Install button there (or: steam://subscriptioninstall/535534).
Oh, yeah. The button marked "Install" might do it. I'm not an unobservant idiot at all. Tetel just hacked that in to make me look bad... honest. :D

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

The whole channel is golden.
Yup, been a subscriber for years. There are lots of parody channels, but they're by far the best in script and acting. They live in NZ which is the perfect setting for such skits. Their production value is also above everything else due to the patreon.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Why
is there no bonfire
Before Taurus Demon?
Ah yes Dark Souls 1 and bonfire placement.

This is the part where people tell you to "gut gud", I think.

Seriously though, the future Dark Souls games do a better job with placing bonfires even if they don't end up quite doing as good a job with the interconnected levels and shortcuts IMO.

Reactions: Ge0force

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Don't need to git gud to run back to Taurus Demon, you just need to figure out that you don't have to fight the enemies each and every single time. Once you realize how quickly enemies lose interest in you, the bonfire doesn't seem that far away anymore. :p

• This!
Reactions: Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Don't need to git gud to run back to Taurus Demon, you just need to figure out that you don't have to fight the enemies each and every single time. Once you realize how quickly enemies lose interest in you, the bonfire doesn't seem that far away anymore. :p
Lose interest?
I had havel chasinge me to the white door to taurus demon!

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Patience and experience. You will eat Taurus Demons for breakfast later.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Valve seems to be working on weekly top sellers chart page or something? (currently only available via RSS for last week only).
Well, no wonder why they are doing this, in the last 40 weeks (yes, 40) we have seen how xPaw from SteamDB, Zhuge and myself have been posting week after week the data thanks to the RSS, that's potential traffic that could be linked to the platform.

Now, by the look of this strings, I think we will see more than just a top 10, "Rank" makes me think they are going to put the Platinum to Bronze categories per week. which could imply a top 20-top 50 :sweaty-blob:

Oh jeez.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Ah yes Dark Souls 1 and bonfire placement.

Seriously though, the future Dark Souls games do a better job with placing bonfires even if they don't end up quite doing as good a job with the interconnected levels and shortcuts IMO.
Never forget the DS3 boss you fight on a bridge with a bonfire on each side...

In general I think the bonfire placement in the original DS is better than any of the sequels and DS3 has too many bonfires and not enough interconnectivity.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
"Magic is OP! that's Cheating!" or something. Haven't played DS but i know Magic Builds can be both a pain-in-the-arse AND OverPowered, somehow.

<Insert played yourself and learned nothing meme here>

• Toucan
Reactions: Joe Spangle

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

I believe the same applies for Way of the Samurai 4.

• Sad

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
[HELP]
Bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition on Gamesplanet and got this while activating :

[UWSL]"Sorry, but this product is not available for purchase in this country. Your product key has not been redeemed."[/UWSL]

Contacted Gamesplanet and they are thankfully offering refunds.

But I don't understand why Steam key can't be activated. I've activated many games not available in my region before too. I don't understand this not this game.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
A while back I mentioned that I lost access to my windows account because of some very strange glitch. I had to migrate to another account but I managed to copy everything over. Last year I beat Dark Souls 3 but this week I realized that I missed an optional area so I reinstalled the game. I put the save file I salvaged from the old account in the same directory in the new account, but the game doesn't recognize it.
I checked online and apparently there was a patch to prevent save files from being used on different accounts/PCs. So not only does it not have cloud saves, even with a backup you're fucked if there's a problem with your PC. This is unbelievable.

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
This might be considered heresy by some but I can finally enjoy Tetris Effect after just turning the music off and listening to Spotify. Seriously, the visual effect work is great and the mode selection a lot of fun but my god that music... It's just not for me.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
[HELP]
Bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition on Gamesplanet and got this while activating :

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]"Sorry, but this product is not available for purchase in this country. Your product key has not been redeemed."[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

But I don't understand why Steam key can't be activated. I've activated many games not available in my region before too. I don't understand this not this game.
unfortunately volvo fixed this a while ago (after publishers were complaining about it, i imagine) ... and now it works this way :(

• Sad
Reactions: MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
unfortunately volvo fixed this a while ago (after publishers were complaining about it, i imagine) ... and now it works this way :(
Oh lord..., I wish I knew this sooner.
So there's no way to get this game in my library other than probably actually going another country?

• Sad
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh lord..., I wish I knew this sooner.
So there's no way to get this game in my library other than probably actually going another country?
... and having a payment method from that country (you can't switch your location otherwise)

but yes, unfortunately

• Sad
Reactions: MegaApple

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
[HELP]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]"Sorry, but this product is not available for purchase in this country. Your product key has not been redeemed."[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Well I checked packages and I've found a solution for you (India). You will need to buy a cd-key region restricted for Asia. Specifically, this package https://steamdb.info/sub/397691/

Now that was the easy part, the hard part is to find an authorised retailer that does sell that restricted package. You could start by checking Gamersgate and GreenManGaming as they probably have regional stores for Asia.

I completely misread what Lashman said previously, what I wrote won't work I guess :(. Gonna ask to clarify things.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Sekiro is 2 years old and it's still stuck at 35% off at most.

Remember the good ol' meme for buying PC games :"I'll wait for a year for GOTY version at 75% off"?
not with activision ... they've always been shit with discounts and lowering base prices for their games

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
[HELP]

[UWSL][UWSL]"Sorry, but this product is not available for purchase in this country. Your product key has not been redeemed."[/UWSL][/UWSL]

I gladly help you with activating the game... on my account :D

Is the game not available on your region at all?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Not to gang up on you, but when someone says they found a channel that is not screamy shouty, it probably means it is the first channel they found or it got recommended to them and they are surprised to have such a luck in finding the golden goose, when it is just the norm.
Yep ill freely admit that i don't really watch gaming vids other than looking up help for certain games and so my impression of them probably is stuck in the past a bit.

• Hug
Reactions: Kyougar

FunnyJay