Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
That exact moment more than any other is why I don’t like him
Comes across as hugely unprofessional and a total jack ass
You certainly don't have to like him, so that's fine!

He has a history of being bold and vulgar in these situations, that's for sure, but is anyone ultimately harmed by his behavior?

After all, he's saying fuck you to an idea, not any specific individual.
"f the oscars"

(This is about the event in the gif and not so much about him since I don't know much about him other then this clip and that EA publishes the games that he had worked on)

I mean the same thing can pretty much be said about the game award show. Where maybe at one point it was about the games and stuff but now it's definitely more about shilling for products and stuff and other things that don't really have to do with gaming. I guess you do have to give credit to the Dorito Pope seeing how something like that is very hard to even set up but also to pay for it.

I can't remember how long last year's thing was and it could maybe have just been because of COVID or something but didn't they end up doing something were "pre-show" they announced a number of awards.... Hey the main event should be awards for these games but nahhhh that's how what's really important here. Hell video games announcements for games that will not come out for another 2-3 years (and that may even get delayed an addition 2 years as well).

I just have issues with the game awards is all.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from and I've been thinking the same thing.

But the problem Josef Fares brought forward here was that people tend to paint this idea that The Game Awards needs to be The Oscars of gaming. The idea that the gaming industry constantly needs to validate its existence by comparing itself with the movie industry, or that the movie industry is the real medium for art and expression. I don't think Fares had anything specific in mind about The Oscars or how it's presented.

Having ads and reveals is probably needed, not only for funding, but I don't think the show would be as big if it was two hours of pure awards with acceptance speeches. I think, personally, it should be a mindless, fun thing more than anything else where we can celebrate the medium with a mix of awards, reveals and a presence of industry people who can share their voice.

Reactions: PC-tan and xinek

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I found someone with 1500 reviews, and they do not seem to be fake reviews:

I wonder if there are patterns which would give away that these are AI-generated reviews, e.g. some start with "I honestly". :thinking:
Are all reviews formatted like this?
It feels like the lines are the same.
But what do I know? Might not be.
Anyway, that's an interesting page.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Dude was clearly smashed, I don't think there's much analysis to be done about his antics.

TGA sucks anyway, it is like having a self imposed 2-3 hour ad marathon.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Monooboe lashman Mor Kurt Russell

regarding tq mod

they basically broke alot of the loot tables with the expansion dlcs, expansion items take pirority over other loot, like throwing weapons a purple drop, opening achest it has a 22% chance itl be that item but it will also be in a second roll off that loot pool, where as all other item types are between 12% - 17% with only 1 roll chance, on top of that a purple item has a 1 in 25000 % chance to drop from a chest
they also broke bows and throwing weapons in that they cannot crit at all,
mobs in normal game even on legendary have a 80% chance to wear common or below items ( coomon or white) ive made it so they will always wear yellow or above

my changes are,
loot drops are consistent in that about 1 in 5 chests will drop a blue/purple {depends on diffculty on normal purples dont exist etc}
a majestic chest ( boos chest) will always drop atleast 1 purple blue etc and quite few greens
mobs will always wear yellow or green and occasionally blue or purple
relics/charms are increased in drops
skill side bar goes up to 80 (normally 40) this is a point dump for once you get to point where there isnt anything u wanna put skill points in.
changed strength and dex and int calculations so they are worth more with ur statpoints and offensive and defensive ability mean more ( offensive ability gives crit which in normal game has 1 tier of crit) ive made it so theres 3 tiers, say a mob has 400 defensive ability and you have 1600 offensive ability youll be in tier 3 crit of it etc
increased mob density
increaded chances for hero mobs to spawn
mobs recive the same calculations on there strength int and dex and offensive and defensive attirbutes and are stronger due to wearing better gear unlike normal,
increased stacks of potions from 25 to 100
increased item tiers in vendor so greens are more common
increased xp in all difficulties with a % multiplier ( normally really hard to get to above level 70 and some items dont drop till after then either)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Looks like FFXIII-2 crashes like a mofo unless Steam Cloud is disabled (for some reason!), guess I'll try that

edit: looks like it's this

Required for fixing the constant crashes.

edit 2: holy shit this is amazing, if I disable steam cloud the thing can't see the save anymore? I thought there would still be local save like in pretty much any other game...
FWIW, I played FF13-2 (LAA patched) for almost 70 hours without crashes. So that's possible at least.

Reactions: MegaApple
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Monooboe lashman Mor Kurt Russell

regarding tq mod

they basically broke alot of the loot tables with the expansion dlcs, expansion items take pirority over other loot, like throwing weapons a purple drop, opening achest it has a 22% chance itl be that item but it will also be in a second roll off that loot pool, where as all other item types are between 12% - 17% with only 1 roll chance, on top of that a purple item has a 1 in 25000 % chance to drop from a chest
they also broke bows and throwing weapons in that they cannot crit at all,
mobs in normal game even on legendary have a 80% chance to wear common or below items ( coomon or white) ive made it so they will always wear yellow or above

my changes are,
loot drops are consistent in that about 1 in 5 chests will drop a blue/purple {depends on diffculty on normal purples dont exist etc}
a majestic chest ( boos chest) will always drop atleast 1 purple blue etc and quite few greens
mobs will always wear yellow or green and occasionally blue or purple
relics/charms are increased in drops
skill side bar goes up to 80 (normally 40) this is a point dump for once you get to point where there isnt anything u wanna put skill points in.
changed strength and dex and int calculations so they are worth more with ur statpoints and offensive and defensive ability mean more ( offensive ability gives crit which in normal game has 1 tier of crit) ive made it so theres 3 tiers, say a mob has 400 defensive ability and you have 1600 offensive ability youll be in tier 3 crit of it etc
increased mob density
increaded chances for hero mobs to spawn
mobs recive the same calculations on there strength int and dex and offensive and defensive attirbutes and are stronger due to wearing better gear unlike normal,
increased stacks of potions from 25 to 100
increased item tiers in vendor so greens are more common
increased xp in all difficulties with a % multiplier ( normally really hard to get to above level 70 and some items dont drop till after then either)
sounds good to me! :thumbsupblob:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Any good coop games you guys can recommend? The remote play sale is going on so want to see if there's anything good and cheap to pick up.
Also have Fightcade installed as well so anything recommended on there is good too.

Lara Croft games
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Resident Evil 5/6
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Gears of War 5
Darksiders Genesis
Renegade Ops
Risk of Rain 1/2
Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Darksburg
Obscure 1/2
Borderlands 1/2/Pre sequel
Dark Souls 1/2/3
Enter the Gungeon
Wolfenstein : Youngblood
Rivercity Girls
Rivercity: Underground
Cuphead
Orcs must Die 2
Bloodstained 2
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Devil's Dare
Double Dragon Neon
Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Mother Russia Bleeds
BlazeRush
Battletoads
Roboquest
Gauntlet
Mercenary Kings
Fight'N Rage
House of the Dead Overkill
Shank 2
Portal 2
Foul Play
Monster Hunter World
Left 4 Dead 1/2
Metal Slug Series
Contra series
Gunfire Reborn
Synthetik
Wild Guns Reloaded
Magicka
Streets of Rage series

I'm sure there's more but that's a good chunk.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Any good coop games you guys can recommend? The remote play sale is going on so want to see if there's anything good and cheap to pick up.
Also have Fightcade installed as well so anything recommended on there is good too.

Lara Croft games
Resident Evil 5/6
Gears of War 5
Darksiders Genesis
Renegade Ops
Risk of Rain 1/2
Darksburg
Obscure 1/2
Dark Souls 1/2/3
Enter the Gungeon
Rivercity Girls
Cuphead
Orcs must Die 2
Bloodstained 2
Devil's Dare
Double Dragon Neon
Mother Russia Bleeds
BlazeRush
Battletoads
Roboquest
Gauntlet
Mercenary Kings
Fight'N Rage
Shank 2
Portal 2
Foul Play
Monster Hunter World
Left 4 Dead 1/2
Metal Slug Series
Contra series
Gunfire Reborn
Synthetik
Wild Guns Reloaded
Magicka
Streets of Rage series

paging PossiblyPudding :dmcblob:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Lara Croft games
Resident Evil 5/6
Gears of War 5
Darksiders Genesis
Renegade Ops
Risk of Rain 1/2
Darksburg
Obscure 1/2
Dark Souls 1/2/3
Enter the Gungeon
Rivercity Girls
Cuphead
Orcs must Die 2
Bloodstained 2
Devil's Dare
Double Dragon Neon
Mother Russia Bleeds
BlazeRush
Battletoads
Roboquest
Gauntlet
Mercenary Kings
Fight'N Rage
Shank 2
Portal 2
Foul Play
Monster Hunter World
Left 4 Dead 1/2
Metal Slug Series
Contra series
Gunfire Reborn
Synthetik
Wild Guns Reloaded
Magicka
Streets of Rage series

Moving Out

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
well installed visual studio and patched the FFXIII-2 .exe, guess I'll find out if it worked tomorrow after work

:sakucomfy:
Other than LAA, I would also recommend this to improve the game's awful performance:

• Comfy
Reactions: MegaApple and Kvik

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I finished Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth- it's relatively short and the game is pretty straight forward so it's not a metroidvania. Overall my opinion about this game is positive, it's beautiful, controls well, the OST is good and the challenge hit the right spot for me, though some people found the game too easy.

Also magic is OP.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Finished Jedi Fallen order on Game Pass and man was that an over-hyped game. No fast travel and the need to back track with the annoying map and long ass levels did not make for a good time. All the chests being cosmetics and some having multiple ranks makes me feel like they initially wanted this to be more of an RPG, but changed directions and made everything cosmetic only instead which was a big let down. I think being able to have different builds would have made me enjoy the game quite a bit more despite the other parts I found bland and uninspired.

Glad I at least got to play it without paying extra for it. I will give them props for the swimming boost speed, more games could benefit from fast swimming instead of making you want to pull your hair out as you swim through jelly.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Finished Jedi Fallen order on Game Pass and man was that an over-hyped game. No fast travel and the need to back track with the annoying map and long ass levels did not make for a good time. All the chests being cosmetics and some having multiple ranks makes me feel like they initially wanted this to be more of an RPG, but changed directions and made everything cosmetic only instead which was a big let down. I think being able to have different builds would have made me enjoy the game quite a bit more despite the other parts I found bland and uninspired.

Glad I at least got to play it without paying extra for it. I will give them props for the swimming boost speed, more games could benefit from fast swimming instead of making you want to pull your hair out as you swim through jelly.
Yeah, the game is so close to being a proper RPG like Dark Souls. But instead, we we've got is all cosmetics, what a letdown. They probably didn't have the resources to playtest and balance the game if it's designed around RPG systems. They also wanted to make the game more accessible with the customizable difficulty system.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Any good coop games you guys can recommend?
Moving Out
I'd like to second Moving Out. It's perfect for something goofy and chaotic that is also chill at the same time.

Some others in the sale to consider:

The Overcooked games
Children of Morta
Cat Quest 2
Fury Unleashed
Blazing Chrome
Earth Defense Force 5
Untitled Goose Game
Biped
Wizard of Legend
Nine Parchments
Tools Up!
Charlie Murder
Knights and Bikes

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
If any of you are living in Australia, this is a friendly reminder that the Disco Elysium update is releasing in two days, and chances are they will be pulled from the store (geoblocked). So if for some reason you don't own this game yet, please consider purchasing it (It is a great game regardless, and it's still great value at 20% off).

Before y'all dismiss the article and my post for fear-mongering, consider that this situation has happened before with Valkyrie Drive and Hotline Miami 2.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Finally rolled credits in Yakuza 4 Remastered. What a miserable series of boss fights at the end. Just pain. Especially since I really hated playing as one specific character to have that fight be a giant hassle was a real momentum killer.

On to Yakuza 5 Remastered and then Yakuza 6: Song of Life. I'll finish them by mid year maybe lol.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It is lovely to see Sakaguchi saying that because you can see he thinks it is them who should do those "remakes" (BTW, he specifically said remakes, not simple remasters or ports) instead of hiring a second team to do that process.

Anyway, I don't think there's real interest for those games, if there was, it would have happened already,

FunnyJay