Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
there's a thread for all of that ... please!!!

The entire point was to avoid that thread! It is strange and filled with memes and I don't want to know what a gap moe is.

Kidding aside, thank you a lot for the explanations. I'll take a look at that playlist Kvik.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Swenhir "Gap" is basically the difference between what you see and what you get or when a character acts totally contradictary to what you expect or how they usually act. So a cute girl who acts like a delinquent has "Gap Moe" or someone who looks like they should have a deep voice or usually sings with a deep tone starts singing with a high voice has "Voice Gap". That's how i've thought about it. It's just a shorthand way for fans to say "Bloody hell, i wasn't expecting that from them!"

• Comfy
Reactions: Swenhir and Kvik

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Swenhir "Gap" is basically the difference between what you see and what you get or when a character acts totally contradictary to what you expect or how they usually act. So a cute girl who acts like a delinquent has "Gap Moe" or someone who looks like they should have a deep voice or usually sings with a deep tone starts singing with a high voice has "Voice Gap". That's how i've thought about it. It's just a shorthand way for fans to say "Bloody hell, i wasn't expecting that from them!"
And so the descent beings.

Thanks

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'd love to be around in 30 years to see how many facts and details some of the kids piling on Sandy remember about their own projects, lol.
I know the Doom team have had their beef over the years but this does just seem like Sandy misremembering things... from over 30 years ago!
I can't remember details of what i did last week ffs :D

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I haven't been in the Hololive fandom for very long either (roughly a year) and I know exactly where you coming from. Still, the water is warm, though. If you're interested and need a primer, here's a playlist:

What's the game at 1:46 ? Sorta horror DRPG in Japanese.

I'd love to be around in 30 years to see how many facts and details some of the kids piling on Sandy remember about their own projects, lol.
I know the Doom team have had their beef over the years but this does just seem like Sandy misremembering things... from over 30 years ago!
I hear you and I love Petersen for his legacy on both video games and tabletop RPG, but I mean, when your memory is this foggy, maybe rethink your series of memory tweets, or at least be less definitive in tone.
Just my 2 cents, it is indeed not the end of the world.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao The link in the spreadsheet goes to a privated video but it might be one of the "Shadow Corridor" games. Sora is only squeamish of bugs and crawlers in horror games, everything else she just shrugs off.

edit: kvik beat me. Hey at least i was right.

• Comfy
  • Love
Reactions: Kvik and Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Griftlands will launch this summer, and will include the conclusion of Smith's story. We haven't nailed down an exact release date yet, but will announce one in May. If you are curious and want a sneak-peek, Smith's complete story is available on the experimental branch as we finish it - we'd love to hear your thoughts!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
PC bros I need your help on 2 things:
1) I don't understand if my HDD is failing. Once I got a BSOD while playing Nioh weeks ago and now the system got stuck. In both cases when I restarted it entered the BIOS because it didn't "see" the HDD (that has the OS installed). I checked now with CrystalDiskInfo but it says "good" so there's seems to be no problems??? Did anyone have experience like that? Maybe a faulty cable?

2)What's the best way if I wanted to backup the whole HDD so that if it actually fails I can load another one and use it like nothing's happened?

edit: note that 1) solved itself after a shutdown (reboots had the same problem)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
PC bros I need your help on 2 things:
1) I don't understand if my HDD is failing. Once I got a BSOD while playing Nioh weeks ago and now the system got stuck. In both cases when I restarted it entered the BIOS because it didn't "see" the HDD (that has the OS installed). I checked now with CrystalDiskInfo but it says "good" so there's seems to be no problems??? Did anyone have experience like that? Maybe a faulty cable?

2)What's the best way if I wanted to backup the whole HDD so that if it actually fails I can load another one and use it like nothing's happened?

edit: note that 1) solved itself after a shutdown (reboots had the same problem)
What was the reason for the blue screen? You find that cause in small font at the bottom of the screen, below the very useful sad smiley symbol.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
What was the reason for the blue screen? You find that cause in small font at the bottom of the screen, below the very useful sad smiley symbol.
I didn't had time because it just flashed and rebooted. I checked the windows event log but didn't find any information about it. Considering I didn't touch anything I think the dump is still there

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Snakethesniper Look in the System Event View for a string of Kernel events and one of the ones following that will mention a "Bugcheck" and say something like "Last reboot was unexpected" that will be your BSOD Code.

NirSoft have a Bugcheck/dump viewer which can help sometimes too.

I'd also open the case and reseat cables and cards just to make sure everything is seated properly.

Have you installed any new OC software or drivers lately? Maybe roll them back. Of course it could be just a one-off event that gets cleared by a restart and clearing the temp folders too. If it continues then post in the Meta PC Hardware thread here.

Meta PC Hardware Thread - Buy/Upgrade/Ask/Answer

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
meanwhile at SEGA:
This reminds me of when I almost lost access to my Dropbox account because DSFix got DMCA'd. The laws need to be reformed so that there is at least some accountability for / drawback to blatantly spurious takedown requests.

So a cute girl who acts like a delinquent has "Gap Moe" or someone who looks like they should have a deep voice or usually sings with a deep tone starts singing with a high voice has "Voice Gap".
Or when a duck starts singing like a really talented human.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I didn't had time because it just flashed and rebooted. I checked the windows event log but didn't find any information about it. Considering I didn't touch anything I think the dump is still there
Don't be like me -- clone your drive now while you still can. My system was behaving almost exactly like this, and I waited too long before the errors became so bad that I couldn't get anything off the old drive. I was getting bad block messages in the event viewer though, so if you're not seeing that, maybe it's not a hardware thing.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I definitely understand your sentiment and can agree with it in most cases, but the way he stated these makes them sound like absolute facts. If you can't (mostly) accurately remember something from 30 years ago and want to reminisce on it then preface with "If I remember correctly" or "I believe". The dude sounds like he is gassing himself up and I think Romero was more than fair with his corrections.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Sure and i liked that Romero just stated the facts rather than making drama like some were expecting. I was just remarking on some of the comments to the tweets that were from what i assume to be younger people and i was thinking "give it some time, peeps. you'll be there too!" lol :)

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Always interesting to see how sentiments and goals of devs change over the years.
Obviously, the visual makeup is not that interesting but just as with Far Cry 2, seeing how attention to details, physics, simulations always is the most curious t me.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
Status
Not open for further replies.