Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
My initial impression of Fallen Order was that it would be an enjoyable popcorn flick kind of game. I seemed to be wrong. Instead it seems to be not very good. Kind of baffled that Respawn did this when I think how good Titanfall 2 and Apex feel to play. But even then there are other quirks like level and encounter design which feels uninspired.

There is good stuff in the game like the sense of scale but overall it feels like a game that tried a few things at the same time without succeeding with any. But at least seemed to have done well enough for EA to think about things differently so that's good.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
GameDataCrunch is being worked on:

An older post by the same dude:

Unrelated, here is a website which archives game UI: :mellow:

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I figured I'd try Cyberpunk now that it's patched but GFN is borked, because of course it is. Sigh.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

Amazing, Nvidia finally got around to addressing the G-Sync indicator size. I always liked how Vulkan/Linux would display its G-sync indicator in the top-right corner of the screen.

Old Indicator:

New Indicator:

Same as Vulkan/Linux now. :)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Amazing, Nvidia finally got around to addressing the G-Sync indicator size. I always liked how Vulkan/Linux would display its G-sync indicator in the top-right corner of the screen.

Old Indicator:

New Indicator:

Same as Vulkan/Linux now. :)
?????
Have I been using GSync wrong this entire time? I have never seen that before. I just assumed it was always on seeing how in my Nvidia panel settings I have it so that GSync is always on both in full screen and in windowed mode.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I seemed to be wrong. Instead it seems to be not very good. Kind of baffled that Respawn did this when I think how good Titanfall 2 and Apex feel to play. But even then there are other quirks like level and encounter design which feels uninspired.
FO is undercooked, even devs admit it, because they had to meet the deadlines.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
?????
Have I been using GSync wrong this entire time? I have never seen that before. I just assumed it was always on seeing how in my Nvidia panel settings I have it so that GSync is always on both in full screen and in windowed mode.
No, it's just the indicator. ;)

I think it's disabled by default, but you can enable/disable it the control panel if you'd like to check it out:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevey and PC-tan

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Being on multiple units and different browsers and millions of different websites I hate those cookies acceptances requests. Every day I see those cookies messages and it's really annoying. Some websites seems to forget that I already accepted cookies

GDPR is another annoying thing

Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Too bad that Disco Elysium Final Cut isn't coming out in a great shape. I guess I'll wait for some patches to start playing, especially until they fix the issue with the controller (on PC and consoles). I don't mind stuttering which I probably wouldn't notice anyway, but bad controls will annoy me throughout the game.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
By the way now is the time to get Ryza seeing how they now giving you the "privalage" to buy the free swimsuit DLC for the game.
Megaton ! I’m a sheep ! I’m part of the issue ! I don’t care !
Believe me it’s an OCD thing, not a swimsuit thing.

Was there bonus for Ryza 2 ? Available to buy too or screw that ?

What dlc? I don't see it.
’Atelier Ryza: Ryza's Costume "Summer Adventure!"

EDIT -
Koei doubled down on this for the sequel. Exclusive skins for pre-order and exclusive skin for deluxe version pre-order. I will try to be sensible and not buy that shit.

Last edited:
  • This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: PC-tan and Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Have fun trying to beat the two archers on that roof in the distance 😜
Everybody be telling me abou them
Id back track to firelink but thatd mean going thru sen fortress again :blobweary:

For ng+
I will stock up on arrows
Until then i need to gather 30 humanity

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
My first Game of Dorfromantik.
It ain't much, but it is honest work.

Such a wholesome game.
And suddenly it is over :( from 40 cards to zero while you try to finish the big quests :[
Yeah, I was actually gonna write something about that too. I think they have some flaws in their core game design. If they'd want a relaxing country-side-building experience, they made it too restrictive. You build but soon you realise you have to adhere to the quests if you dont want it to suddenly be over. And that makes the experience quite different than what I hoped.

To those who havent played it yet, the way it works is: you have a stack of randomized tiles, and you have to put them down as you get them. You can arrange them as you like - kind of. Because if you fit tiles together, you get more points, and sometimes the game will hand you quests for fitting a certain number of tiles together (say, 15+ village tiles, or tiles with exactly 10 fields). Completing these quests gets you points for a highscore (the game even has online leaderboards), but also more tiles to place. This prolongs the game, you can build longer/more. Eventually you'll run out and the game ends, and you'll have to start again. So you can't go back to what you've built already, you just start at zero. You'll have countless unfinished landscapes with holes in your water or rail systems, all of which are much more random than you wanted them to be (most probably).

The randomness impedes it, much to often you get tiles that are useless to what you are currently trying to do, making it harder and more frustrating than it has any right to be. If you ask me, remove the high scores and quests in an endless mode where you get tiles forever and you can save your region. Or, implement a "hold tile" button where you can put tiles you cant use right away so you arent forced to plop down yet another senseless railtrack. Or, better yet, just make a mode where you can build freely as you want. I dont need these high score and unlock systems (because of course it has those), I just wanna build and relax.

I hope the promised "Creative Mode" will deliver something worthwhile in that area, otherwise it's a missed chance to make a great relaxing experience.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Don't forget it's "World Backup Day" today. Get your data backed up, peeps!

Joe Spangle If that's via GOG then it's because they don't have the data compression and extraction processes like Steam does so their patches are larger but the patch notes do indicate it is a BIG patch this time around for sure so i expected it to be much bigger. Just not 20GB+ big!

Status
Not open for further replies.