Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
however, to the shock of everyone involved, something can be found in the js code for the site, referencing to purchases and selecting retailers (in contrary to the usual nft thing of just linking to opensea)

my sources tell me that i have no clue what i am talking about, because the monkey in the walls whom speaks to be in egyptian (who is my source) is telling me that i do not know javascript code, and that this could merely be just a placeholder thing
It could very well cloth line-up instead of NFTs although I hope they are games (and come to Steam, ofc)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I still can't believe that Valve removed one of the best input methods for gamepads :(

I think it was due to the new version being better on the Steam Controller with its touchpads. But no clue why they couldn't keep a version of this alive for people who use standard Xinput controllers and similar form factors (Dualshock)

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Weird how Coffee Stains own game Satisfactory and the older published game Huntdown were EGS exclusives, while Valheim and Midnight Ghost Hunt are Steam only.

And btw, Satisfactory was last reported to have sold 3 million copies, given their previously reported sales, I expect EGS to be at 1 million and Steam at 2 million. That is despite the game being EGS exclusive for 15 months.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
more digging into the mgs35th anniversary site which will guaranteed leave me disappointed and at the bad end of a divorce:
- the site has stuff for checking your birthdate, language and region, checks if you're too young, what region, etc
- the site has comments referring to things on the site such as:
-> a global menu, as well as a global navigation menu that can be opened and closed
-> possible mentions of a gallery of images, though i have no idea on that one
-> custom scroll bar, indicating the page will be large enough for you to scroll through
-> something about introduction and character pages connected to Fancy Box? idk that one
-> there's a possible page with products

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
After i am done with Man of Medan i think that i will went with some bigger RPG game and play it slowly. Man of Medan will be my 14th finished game this year and that is a bit too fast. Maybe i will finally make myself play something that never liked, isometric game with turn based combat (Divinity Original Sin).

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
more digging into the mgs35th anniversary site which will guaranteed leave me disappointed and at the bad end of a divorce:
  • the site has stuff for checking your birthdate, language and region, checks if you're too young, what region, etc
  • the site has comments referring to things on the site such as:
-> a global menu, as well as a global navigation menu that can be opened and closed
-> possible mentions of a gallery of images, though i have no idea on that one
-> custom scroll bar, indicating the page will be large enough for you to scroll through
-> something about introduction and character pages connected to Fancy Box? idk that one
-> there's a possible page with products
As someone who builds site for a living, I can tell you that most of this probably just comes from an internal starter framework they have for spinning up their sites. Ideally, your build process culls all the unused CSS and JS but since they are using an old ass version of jQuery and none of their code is minified I would imagine they don't have any sort of robust CI/CD process. As for Fancybox, it is just a plugin for making modal windows, galleries, carousels, etc. (Fancybox | Premium JavaScript UI Component Library) so it could be used for a variety of different applications. I wouldn't read too much into any of the code until they have some actual content on here.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
As someone who builds site for a living, I can tell you that most of this probably just comes from an internal starter framework they have for spinning up their sites. Ideally, your build process culls all the unused CSS and JS but since they are using an old ass version of jQuery and none of their code is minified I would imagine they don't have any sort of robust CI/CD process. As for Fancybox, it is just a plugin for making modal windows, galleries, carousels, etc. (Fancybox | Premium JavaScript UI Component Library) so it could be used for a variety of different applications. I wouldn't read too much into any of the code until they have some actual content on here.
aye aye captain :wd_salute:

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
aye aye captain :wd_salute:
I went ahead and looked through their CSS too since none of it is minified either (bad practice for performance but good for snooping!) and the pages they have styles for are the following:
  • Landing (this is the current displayed page)
  • Home (this would essentially replace the landing page when the site goes live with content)
  • Introduction
  • World
  • Character
  • Features (at least 2 different layouts for this one)
  • Products
  • News
These all seem pretty generic and would apply to pretty much any game, but if anyone has links to another recent Konami site or two I could diff the common CSS file and see if that is the case.

• Eyes
Reactions: Pommes and Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Isn't Heart Machine making an Epic Publishing title? Do they have 2 teams?
Court documents stated they were trying to publish one of their games but they didn't even contacted them yet by that time.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
I went ahead and looked through their CSS too since none of it is minified either (bad practice for performance but good for snooping!) and the pages they have styles for are the following:
  • Landing (this is the current displayed page)
  • Home (this would essentially replace the landing page when the site goes live with content)
  • Introduction
  • World
  • Character
  • Features (at least 2 different layouts for this one)
  • Products
  • News
These all seem pretty generic and would apply to pretty much any game, but if anyone has links to another recent Konami site or two I could diff the common CSS file and see if that is the case.
the problem is that as far as i know, there's no other konami owned site like this that aren't konami domain, this is the only one i know atm
the castlevania anniversary nft site is under konami's domain of konami dot com for example

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Moore Threads was founded in October 2020 and broke cover in late 2021 with the announcement that it would become China's first "fully featured GPU" company. Today the Beijing startup officially announced its first two graphics cards; the MTT S60 for PC desktops and workstations, and the MTT S2000 for servers. Both are based on 12nm GPUs built using the MUSA architecture, and the MTT S60 was demo'd at the event playing League of Legends at 1080p.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
well actually, this just in as i saw it on my twitter timeline after offering to bribe my professor with fotball cards to give me a hint on how i can get an input that can both act as a string and int:

another guy looked at it in this thread, where he then proceeded to say that dreamhost isn't Konami's usual host service plus the site was made literally yesterday, it could be just a silenthill dot com situation, but it'd be a very elaborate prank where they'd buy an entire site domain

one thing he does note though is the amount of data prepared for things like character pages with infinite scroll or whatever, unless that's also stolen code

who won? who's next? you decide

Status
Not open for further replies.