Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
This is true but that said your Steam gaming session is different from the xbox gaming session and the game did not appear on your console library. PlayEverywhere do not apply for Steam owned games unlike PC games you buy on Windows store, that they really show as owned on your xbox console library. You cannot play your console game and continue it on Steam and vice versa,
This I know, I'm not expecting cross-platform emulation from GamePass or PS+ - just curious if with PS games through steam/elsewhere they tie into a PSN/playstation ecosystem account as well.

My dream of certain older titles getting PC ports after 20 years is now a smidge closer to reality, but I'm holding that dream in check for now.

Man, the Playstation-only crowd is still salty that PC gamers are getting ports?

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Laptop GPU presentation. Desktop and workstations later in the year.
We buy a lot of laptops so it's interesting to see how the chipset will compare to the current gen.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

it's out, and 505's """regional pricing""" strikes again:

Strange that they’re letting people who have the license for the original on Steam buy the upgrade. They said you needed to download and install the original version to qualify for upgrade pricing.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Strange that they’re letting people who have the license buy the game. They said you needed to download and install the original version to qualify for upgrade pricing.
Sounded like nonsense to begin with, you never had to do that to buy any upgrade on Steam since it's easy to check the licenses owned.

Apart from that people are saying that right now you can buy the upgrade even without owning the original version, can't confirm tho.

edit: No, you can't.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Sounded like nonsense to begin with, you never had to do that to buy any upgrade on Steam.

Apart from that people are saying you can buy the upgrade even without owning the original version.
Oh dear. Maybe they’re doing some sort of authentication between the original and the DC version that requires both to be installed. And maybe that’s why they’re not fussed about people buying the upgrade.

That’s the kind of nonsense I’d expect from Kojima and 505.

Edit: just saw your edit. Looks like the checkout fails when non-owners try to upgrade.

This is so strange.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Oh dear. Maybe they’re doing some sort of authentication between the original and the DC version that requires both to be installed. And maybe that’s why they’re not fussed about people buying the upgrade.

That’s the kind of nonsense I’d expect from Kojima and 505.
After buying to play? Even 505 isn't that evil. Also false alarm, can't complete purchase without owning original.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Kingdom Hearts shadow drop soon?
There’s an event soon. They may save it for that.

But today is one year after the EGS release so it could happen anytime, if it’s coming. I guess it depends on how much SE are planning on promoting it.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I don't know if it's just the 30xx cards that twisted my sense of power draw = compute power, but considering the top-line Intel card only draws 120-150w I think that the competitive angle is shot-down. It seems from just a quick glance these are only just better than igpu. And the benchmark from today is targeted at low-medium settings 1080p.

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I don't know if it's just the 30xx cards that twisted my sense of power draw = compute power, but considering the top-line Intel card only draws 120-150w I think that the competitive angle is shot-down. It seems from just a quick glance these are only just better than igpu. And the benchmark from today is targeted at low-medium settings 1080p.

The Intel GPUs that were announced were laptop GPUs, which have much lower power consumption than desktop ones (they did tease desktop GPUs at the end of the presentation, but no details were given).

For comparison, an RTX 3080 Ti for laptops is rated 80~150W.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
The Intel GPUs that were announced were laptop GPUs, which have much lower power consumption than desktop ones (they did tease desktop GPUs at the end of the presentation, but no details were given).

For comparison, an RTX 3080 Ti for laptops is rated 80~150W.
ohhh, true. I think i read it wrong. :eek:

• Hug
Status
Not open for further replies.