Community MetaSteam | March 2024 - Can we find Moominvalley in the Forbidden West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Marvel Rivals has the art of Overwatch but the gameplay is more akin to Smite and Paragon. Could be fun, but if they decide to sell heroes its DOA.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Then theres the fact that, the era of getting supercheap consoles at the end of the gen is no longer viable.
And that is an issue. Many console players of today did get their first console butt-cheap because they either were kids from a low-income household, college students with low to no income, or adults with next to no disposable income.
My first console was a 99€ PS2 at the end of the generation which introduced me to Persona, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, (and finally got my hands on FFX) PS3 after that introduced me to Metal Gear, Tales of, Atelier, etc. (well PS3 was my last console because I'm a PC first kinda guy and everything was coming to PC)

Closed Hardware gaming consoles are dying in this decade. No way around it. And if the "big 3" have no answer to the question "Why should I go to your platform in a non-closed Hardware environment", then their gaming divisions (and Nintendo as a whole) will die too.

There should be a REASON why a consumer should invest in your platform, and that reason can't be "because they are bound to our hardware"

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Nobunaga Ambition series is at their historic low if you were ever interested in trying them at 76% off.

The more "recent" games are at their lowest at 60% off with their DLC at the same discount..

Volume 1/4 are only in japanese though

• Sad
Reactions: MegaApple and Blu

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Completely agreed. The problem (for MS) is that they haven't show any indication that they are actually capable of (or willing to do) good consumer PC OS engineering and UX design in over a decade.
I keep seeing people who really want Xbox's to just be PCs, like, all you're asking for is for your system to become awful to use. The way all the gaming software is set up on Windows is just wack, you have a bunch of random components that need to be kept up to date but they've also tied critical functionality directly to the Game Bar and the Xbox App. Why in the actual fuck does the gaming overlay handle core parking on AMD CPU's?

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Sony seem to want to make the Playstation Brand a luxury brand in the same vain as Apple. So I am guessing this is so they can charge a premium and go back to the old "People will get a second job to buy one" days.

However, as far as I can see (which isn't very far to be honest), this will do the opposite of grow the market. You will start to price out entire regions from buying your products. Amd it's not 100% sure if MS will be in the console market then anyways.

But i suppose this is what happens when one competitor seems to have given up and the other is dominating a completely different Niche.

I also wonder if we will/are starting to see the impact of mobile gaming come through. There are generations of kids and teens that have been brought up on touch screen games, on Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail or the Mobile versions of CoD and FIFA (or whatever it is called now). The price of entry is free and it is on hardware already sat in their pockets. Hell, the only reason I am not playing Stardew Valley on a tablet is simply because it will be the last to get the most recent patch.

But hey, maybe that's just me being all doom and gloom. I mean I am happy. I have pre-ordered my copy of Dawntrail. I have a new update to play through on Stardew Valley and there are probably enough interesting looking Indie games to last me the rest of my life.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Embracer Group divests Gearbox Entertainment for a consideration of USD 460 million to Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

• The divested assets include:
    • Gearbox Software (Frisco, Texas)
    • Gearbox Montréal
    • Gearbox Studio Quebec
    • Borderlands and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands franchises, as well as Homeworld, Risk of Rain, Brothers in Arms and Duke Nukem
  • The retained assets include:
    • Gearbox Publishing San Francisco (to be renamed prior to closing, formerly named Perfect World Entertainment), including the publishing rights to the Remnant franchise, the upcoming Hyper Light Breaker and other notable unannounced game releases
    • Cryptic Studios, including MMO titles Neverwinter Online and Star Trek Online.
    • Lost Boys Interactive
    • Captured Dimensions

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Relic are now independent. However 240 jobs being lost across SEGA Europe, Creative assembly and others.

Worse still, due to Japanese legal requirements, people who work for these companies and are impacted may find out about it before being officially informed.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Chrono Ark finally has a 1.0 release date. Apr 26

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Relic are now independent. However 240 jobs being lost across SEGA Europe, Creative assembly and others.
Hyenas continues to be a disaster for CA, and it's getting more and more obvious how hard is to "re-pivot" to things that actually worked with modern bloated budgets and dev time

Reactions: QFNS

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
All this Embracer shit in recent years had to of been some money laundering scheme.

Acquiring, gutting, divesting and selling.

It really does feel like a bunch of suits legally pocketed millions of dollars. And now Embracer is just an empty janitor closet in some abandoned warehouse.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Yep, day one I love this saga:

XSEED Games has announced that the next entry in MAGES’ Corpse Party series, Corpse Party II: Darkness Distortion, will be released in the West in Fall 2024 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. Additionally, Marvelous will publish the title simultaneously in Europe.

Corpse Party II: Darkness Distortion follows three friends in high school, Haruka Nanami, Nemu Takanashi, and Maria Hitsugi, exploring Amare Est Vivere Hospital, testing a local urban legend as Nemu, who’s a streamer, aims to up her subscriber count. Unfortunately, the legend of “Ayame’s Mercy” is true, triggering a decades-old curse and sending them to the dark realm. Here, the three try to avoid the revengeful spirit of Ayame Kirishima and other horrors around the hospital’s past as they try to dispel the curse.

Fans can anticipate fully 3D-rendered halls within the hospital’s halls in both third and first person. The series’ visual novel-style storytelling will be combined with updated visuals, binaural audio, and Japanese voiceovers. Six chapters will be featured, with eight additional scenarios and many Wrong Ends on the journey to discover the truths surrounding “Ayame’s Mercy.”

Players can look forward to a special physical release called “Ayame’s Mercy Edition,” featuring a ‘reversible cover, a ‘Save Yourself’ LED blue candle styled after the in-game save points, a 64-page art book filled with behind-the-scenes content, a spooky ‘Ayame’s Mercy’ lenticular art card, an ‘evidence kit’ containing items pulled right out of the game world, and an Amare Est Vivere ‘Medical Kit’ metal outer case.” This special edition will cost $79.99, while the standard edition will be $49.99.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It very much annoys me how PoP: Lost Crown and Valiant Hearts 2 (just reviewed it) didn't release on Steam day 1. Both are good game, just started on PoP and it's great. We see so often with Steam releases day 1 that Steam really helps with word of mouth.

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It very much annoys me how PoP: Lost Crown and Valiant Hearts 2 (just reviewed it) didn't release on Steam day 1. Both are good game, just started on PoP and it's great. We see sow often with Steam releases day 1 that Steam really helps with word of mouth.
Give both 6 to 12 months

Reactions: QFNS

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
It very much annoys me how PoP: Lost Crown and Valiant Hearts 2 (just reviewed it) didn't release on Steam day 1. Both are good game, just started on PoP and it's great. We see so often with Steam releases day 1 that Steam really helps with word of mouth.
Meh, pointless worrying about it.

That's on Ubi to worry about, and clearly they don't give a shit since they keep doing these silly decisions.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Goddammit. Both Open Roads and Pepper Grinder is hitting Steam today and I just started on PoP Lost Crown (great so far).

The games industry just won't leave me alone for 1 day.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Meh, pointless worrying about it.

That's on Ubi to worry about, and clearly they don't give a shit since they keep doing these silly decisions.
This. Ubisoft must be happy with their strategy or they would have changed it already. They have a huge audience for AC and Siege on Connect, and their games are probably selling well on EGS with Epic's coupons.

I really don't care about Ubisoft anymore. Even if they ever stop the exclusive nonsense, it will take a loooong time and a lot of goodwill before they get my money again.
Pepper Grinder is actually on Steam, GOG and EGS, but Devolver doesn't mention EGS and GOG in the marketing.
That's really sad for GOG 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.