Community MetaSteam | March 2024 - Can we find Moominvalley in the Forbidden West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Anything good here?
This looks like it's just trying to cash in on anime T&A. Like, most of these games are only mixed or mostly positive while the lowest tier is about as much as a month of Choice that has typically much higher quality stuff.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
This looks like it's just trying to cash in on anime T&A. Like, most of these games are only mixed or mostly positive while the lowest tier is about as much as a month of Choice that has typically much higher quality stuff.
I only know the Onechanbara games from my console days and those were... interesting games so I'm guessing the quality of the whole bundle will be more or less the same (mid)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wii Onechanbara was fun, felt a lot like an even lower budget No More Heroes. I don't think others in the series got the overall package as decent between the actual combat and game structure, not that it was anything to write home about in the Wii game but it was an overall satisfying enough zombie slaying romp. It didn't quite throw boobs and ass in your face as much (or in as detailed visuals) despite that obviously being part of the appeal. Super repetitive for sure, more so than even some Warriors/Musou games but some times you just wanna hack and slash zombies, it had some interesting enough concepts and depth like having to clean your blade from the blood so that it doesn't get lodged in zombie bodies, certain enemies being vulnerable to certain skills and what not.

Last edited:

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Anything good here?
As someone who has no issue nor shame with anime games absolutely not. Most of these games are very low budget, have very simple and repetitive gameplay, have a dlc list which averages 40 bucks each (and as far as I can tell isn't even included in the bundle) and even if you want some anime titties in your steam account there is much better available, and often for much less money

Reactions: Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I was able to find the name after all. I had not occurred to me until after I clicked on Mulley Jack game that maybe I have the game wishlisted by change and as it turns out I do.

Here is the game that I was able to find.
Great that you figured it out, looks cool.
I don't recall seeing that one previously so I had no real chance to help you after all. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I remember during TGS last year that Harada talked about that EDO game that's in that anime Humble Bundle. And they were not really nice things. The CC2 president was mentioned how he played the game and was surprised that the devs didn't try to improve the game while it was in Early Access. Even just simple things

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Release date on Epic / Uplay was september 14th 2023. that's 6 months and 11 from days today.

that's a good site for that matters:
Code:
https://kkkepic.com.br/en_US/history/209/
(they have a Steam group too xD)
Not going to lie, I might end up doing my own website so my data is easier to access for a bunch of folks.

But yeah, looks like Ubi games might end up being 6 months, if so, Mirage page should open next month with a May release.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Digital Deity
5,250 XP
Unlocked 26 Mar @ 12:32am
5,000 games owned
I have hard time grasping my library of 2222 games. I can't imagine this.

----
Started in 2016 and never stopped.
I bought so much in 2023 because of possibility of pubs hiking prices.
Focusing this year for only notable releases/games I want, unless game is risk of delisting.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! 「Echo」 is giving away 2 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Mar 28, 2024 at 8:54 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Weebs have fun. :whistle:

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

• Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
    • won by taril360dz
    • (11 entries)
    • SG/ZH: School Girl/Zombie Hunter
    • won by taril360dz
    • (8 entries)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My account is also 10 years old. There are many games on there that I really want to play but many often life (or should I say, sales) got in the way.
I bought the anime bundle in a heartbeat. :face-with-tears-of-joy: I already had 2 of them, so giftbot post coming in just a second.

Also my Steam deck shipped!! \o/ Should be here tomorrow according to tracking deets. Ohhhh, I'm so excited.
Before getting Steam Deck: oh yeah I am going to play so many games on this bad boy!

After getting Steam Deck: hmmmm I should buy this and this and that so I can play them on Steam Deck. (And they will be forgotten in the pile of shame...)

Anyway, congrats on getting the Deck and enjoy. Best handheld in the market.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Sonic Heroes Remake to release in 2025

Switch 2/PS5/Xbox/PC
Any release date being rumored doesn't seem to come from reliable sources.

From a SEGA/Atlus leaker that so far has been having a spot on track record:
Sega wants to experiment with Sonic games in UE5 and one of the titles considered is Sonic Heroes. I don’t know about anything that is being mentioned by Zippo about 2026 or 2027. I do not know enough about who Zippo is.

The Sonic Heroes remake is being considered but I do not think the original source is correct about it being released in 2026 or 2027.
And in reply to this question "Oh so it hasn't started development?":
I don’t think so. And I do not know about this remake title being released in next three years and I don’t have any information on that.

Reactions: LRB1983

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
If it weren’t for the fear of games being delisted, I wouldn’t have even a third ofthe collection I have (not only on Steam, the same for other platforma.
Even playing the pirated version It pains me not being able to add Outrun 2006 c2c to my steam collection.
Many times I would prefer to have 100-150 selected games with some of them I cannot legally get than the big amount I have (~1600)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Guess we are gonna bee seeing more indies and AAA games skipping Xbox consoles going forward than before due to console sales and what indies and pubs are saying nowadays.

Im very happy I never invested into the Xbox ecosystem despite playing a lot of X360 games.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Does anyone know why my "Play next" section of Steam shows games that I have already played?

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I swear my Steam library grew exponentially since the Steam Deck launched. It is a dangerous thing to have for trying to not spend.

Outside of that, bundles were the main reason my library ballooned. I have been a monthly Humble sub since December 2016 with only a couple of months paused here and there, also regular Humble bundles, and Fanatical has lots of build your own bundles too. If I had to guess I would assume 30-50% of my library was from some sort of bundle and maybe another 20-30% through complete the collection bundles on Steam itself.

I do miss when publishers use to have their entire catalogs bundled. I feel like those have slowly disappeared.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, appears I am a lightweight around here with my steam account at only 1338. It would have been more but I did sell an old account over a decade ago. But probably not by much more.

So been playing this recently. Another in the Vampire Survivors type games. Put about 3 hours into it and not sure I will put any more into it.

It plays fine, but progression is far too quick. In the 3 hours I have played I have unlocked all 6 characters, Unlocked all the town and done a fair bit of progress towards permament buffs. It is a difficult balance as none of it really felt fulfilling none of it felt like an achievement. Hell in the three hours I reached a point where all weapons where evolved. Something that took me 10-20 hours in Vampire Survivors.

The main art for the characters (the paper dolls if you like, not the ingame assets) all appear to be AI. At the better end of the market (no freaky hands that I could see for a start and doesn't have that kind of shiny look that a lot of untouched AI art has). I can understand it's use but still leaves me kind of icky. But this is more personal opinion and will bother some people more than others.

The translation appears to also have been AI translated. But with no pass through by an editor. The context is just about understandable, but gramaticaly bad.

So if you are looking for something to play after Vampire Survivors, then don't play this. Instead have a look at these:-

With Deep Rock Galactic Survivor currently being my favourite in the Genre, even usurping Vampire Survivors.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I swear my Steam library grew exponentially since the Steam Deck launched. It is a dangerous thing to have for trying to not spend.

Outside of that, bundles were the main reason my library ballooned. I have been a monthly Humble sub since December 2016 with only a couple of months paused here and there, also regular Humble bundles, and Fanatical has lots of build your own bundles too. If I had to guess I would assume 30-50% of my library was from some sort of bundle and maybe another 20-30% through complete the collection bundles on Steam itself.

I do miss when publishers use to have their entire catalogs bundled. I feel like those have slowly disappeared.
Yeah, bundles are the main culprit of the exponential growth of libraries. I'm at almost 3k now and I would guess about 2k7 of those were from bundles, especially from early humble or indie royale bundles where you'd get 10 games for 1€ or something ridiculous like that.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Almost at the first 1k, you can do it!:D
My plan is to finish some of these games before buying more, and I'm doing pretty well so far. In 2014 I only bought the following games:

• Momodora Moonlit Farewell
  • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Tomb Raider Remastered
  • Wanted Dead
  • Plantabi Little Garden
  • I did not buy this ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.