Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

As a new month approaches, it's time for a look at the adventure games launching in June, courtesy of Gamewalker and Adventure Gamers:

Unfortunately, this video has a big mistake, since the first game displayed launches in 2020, but for some reason they have it as launching next month. :grimacing-face:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC

A Steam launch for Halo: The Master Chief Collection was confirmed back in March. 20 more will follow, Microsoft says, including Gears 5 and Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3: Definitive Editions.
Man when BL3 was announced I saw a tweet from some “journalist” circlejerking EGS about how there was “No big games coming to Steam for the rest of the year besides some bethesda games”

MS beat this dude the fuck out I guess

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm hoping to try Obduction out this weekend on GOG because i have to unplug my VR kit when i play the Steam version or it starts in VR regardless of what settings i use. Fingers crossed the GOG version doesn't suffer from this.

Reactions: Arsene

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
GOG Summer Sale Festival, Obduction free.

Meh, seems he doesn't actually have concrete new info. Worth it for a few meltdowns though. And a weird warning about me having a long history of abusing ERA's report system to insult other posters, news to me and how does that even work?
I really hope they add more deals. Been looking for some GOG only games, that are usually on sale for these events, to be discounted during this summer sale and none of them are at the moment :mad:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
The whole situation is so fucked up now. All the unredeemed keys are revoked. But those who redeemed can still keep the game. I sold my key to a reseller, who never redeemed the key but claimed the gift link. Now he want a compensation of some sort since he never redeemed the game. At the time I sold the key to this guy it was a working key. I did my part and he his part. The trade was completed. Now 4 weeks later he come back and ask for compensation or replacement key
It's his problem now. That's the risk a power trader has to face. He wanted to trade low and wait until it's worth something again. Now he has a worthless link. F him. He gets nothing.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
And that wraps up Technobabylon! Really cool game. And both endings are interesting in their own right.

That makes game #39, only one to go for #40 :dizzy-face:
Guess I haven't really played any long-long games this year yet, because that number is already higher than my yearly game completion in most previous years, except last year, where it was around ~50. Huh.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It was extremely obvious It was coming to PC. Did anyone think that if Sony managed to make it full exclusive they wouldn't have announced a cancellation of the PC port from the top of the mountains.

It was fun seeing insane Sony fanboys in denial tho. They really convinced themselves this would be exclusive despite no evidence whatsoever it would. I remember dipshits trying to get people banned for "port begging" despite the fact the port was announced day one
I won't lie, I thought they might have made it exclusive if Kojima kept asking for more time (and money). Guess the original deal survived, though.

Reactions: lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The III logo there looks like a claw, isn't it?

Maybe it's the next action RPG Divinity game, not the top-down tactical Original Sin. Both Divinity 2 and Dragon Commander have dragon as their main theme.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I honestly dont know what Sony (or anyone really) wins by keeping their games tied to their consoles. The 'Sony faithful' will buy thieir shit no matter what, people who own both Sony hardware and capable PCs will almost certainly double dip, and people with only PCs would gladly buy another Kojima game.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "
Booo... now we have .. ahem.. "exclusive" threads for full members? Booooo. That will teach me not to leave the Steam thread :p

As for the news today.... to think that a couple of years ago we were fighting against UWP and I was actually happy that Sweeney was one of the few in the industry speaking against it. Now we have MS almost dumping UWP, supporting multiple stores, offering a PC game pass and at the same time I try to avoid anything that has Epic involved.

Things sure have changed....

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "
Booo... now we have .. ahem.. "exclusive" threads for full members? Booooo. That will teach me not to leave the Steam thread :p
if it makes you feel better - you're only 45 posts away - that's how many i do on a bad day :p lol

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I believe the lesson here is to never getting sucked into buying a "exclusive".
Agreed. In my opinion, the old adage of "gamers go where the games are" is outdated. We live in a multiplatform world and I firmly believe that developers are the ones that should go where their customers are, not the other way around. I stuck with PC throughout the years and it feels great to see the platform flourish and receive all these games that were out of reach just a few years ago. Customers have a lot of power, despite what people like Sweeney think. Microsoft's current stance is proof of that.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Agreed. In my opinion, the old adage of "gamers go where the games are" is outdated. We live in a multiplatform world and I firmly believe that developers are the ones that should go where their customers are, not the other way around. I stuck with PC throughout the years and it feels great to see the platform flourish and receive all these games that were out of reach just a few years ago. Customers have a lot of power, despite what people like Sweeney think. Microsoft's current stance is proof of that.
To be fair, in MS case we were helped by their inability to make a functional store for PC...

But I'm not complaining. Currently MS is going after the users to offer its services instead of trying to brute-force adoption. It certainly is a nice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.