Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
GOG bringing them good ol' goods
HOLY FUCK, COLD SHADOW!!! Move aside, I'm buying this right now!

Still have my Spanish original copy on CD. For some strange reason, here it was called Donald in Cold Shadow. I could never beat the second stage, so this is personal. I gotta finish this game before I die, no matter what it takes.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Still have my Spanish original copy on CD. For some strange reason, here it was called Donald in Cold Shadow. I could never beat the second stage, so this is personal. I gotta finish this game before I die, no matter what it takes.
Easy there amigo
You will live long enough to pass the trial onto your next generation of family and relatives.

Also
Mega Drive

SNES

Is that really what the SNES version sounds like?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
EdwardTivrusky OK i followed your steps and found a folder that was created after I failed to uninstall normally just now. Sadly at this point I am unable to follow the steps you mention since I didn't understand them properly ^^;
For one thing, I added -removeonly to the playonline details through register edit but it still gives the same error.
Sorry, i was afraid of that, i'll make a tidier post later on with better description of the steps.
Have a quick look in the folder that was created and see if there's a log or text file, it might be empty, but it might have a line or two that say "Error: Folder blah not found." or "Unable to delete blah folder.".
Unfortunately, troubleshooting installer issues can be a dog, i should know it's 50% of my job :)

Just so i'm clear. You have problems with FFXI. Both FFXI & Play Online Viewer (POL) are installed and you want to uninstall them so you can try a reinstall but the uninstall fails trying to remove POL?
We can either try to get the installer to make a log file we can check for errors and get it uninstalled nicely or... delete the steam ffxi folder, the POL folder in program files & windows Uninstaller folder, then the registry keys, then temp folders and try a reinstall.

Reactions: Tizoc

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
GOG bringing them good ol' goods
Maui Mallard, yes!!!! I loved the game, I still have the original box somewhere :smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes:
It's sooo bought.

Yep, same here in Italy, Donald in Cold Shadow.
I've never got past the level with the lava rising. The vertical scrolling is always the most difficult part for me in these games.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Easy there amigo
You will live long enough to pass the trial onto your next generation of family and relatives.

Also
Mega Drive

SNES

Is that really what the SNES version sounds like?!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Aaaaand it's bought. Also got Hercules because why not, never played that one.

The soundtrack was composed by Michael Giacchino, of Medal of Honor, Inside Out and Lost (never seen that show) fame. The songs from those first two stages will forever be burned in my brain.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Sorry, i was afraid of that, i'll make a tidier post later on with better description of the steps.
Have a quick look in the folder that was created and see if there's a log or text file, it might be empty, but it might have a line or two that say "Error: Folder blah not found." or "Unable to delete blah folder.".
Unfortunately, troubleshooting installer issues can be a dog, i should know it's 50% of my job :)

Just so i'm clear. You have problems with FFXI. Both FFXI & Play Online Viewer (POL) are installed and you want to uninstall them so you can try a reinstall but the uninstall fails trying to remove POL?
We can either try to get the installer to make a log file we can check for errors and get it uninstalled nicely or... delete the steam ffxi folder, the POL folder in program files & windows Uninstaller folder, then the registry keys, then temp folders and try a reinstall.
Both; I only want to do a complete uninstall of Playonline so I can install FF11 and playonline again, because as is it is preventing me from doing so :X I think the whole 'delete pol floder, registery key, etc. is the best option for me atm.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The current sale really drives home just how many Warhammer-related games there are on Steam. And a surprising number of them is good, too!

A huge change compared to the time when Games Workshop was extremely stingy with licensing for computer gaming.
There's only one Space Marine action game and it's not enough :(.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Free weekend.

Serious question, what will you all do if egs actually becomes the hot new shit? And steam is only known for asset flips?

I don't see myself ever going there so it would be sad if things went to complete shit. I don't see it happening but stranger things have happened.
Piracy and cheap/used console versions. There's always a way. At least until the 100% streaming future happens.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's really hard to follow, but apparently rami and Derek got into an argument about eurafrican history, to which rami then brought up a personal story about his immigrant father which Derek followed up with accusations of lies which then ends in the three going
"What did you say about my father? What did you say? SAY IT AGAIN MOTHAFUCKA"

Literally schoolyard
I liked Rami's story about his father, honestly. Feels really close to my experience, and talks I had with history teacher about how limited our curriculum is. She was sympathethic, but sadly shackled to the fairly simplistic curriculum. Also, really to much focus on Nazi Germany and WW2, in my experience, and far to Eurocentric. The irony of it is, seeing how far-right Nazi hugging parties are coming back in Austria, that it didn't even manage to teach people about the lessons from the Weimar Republic and the evils of nationalism.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well, I will be a smartass and say that it wasn't enough then.
Don't get me wrong, I liked my time with the game, but it lacked something.

But yeah, unfortunate that they never iterated on that first attempt.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The current sale really drives home just how many Warhammer-related games there are on Steam. And a surprising number of them is good, too!

A huge change compared to the time when Games Workshop was extremely stingy with licensing for computer gaming.
Just out of curiosity, what would you and everybody else recommend as great GW games ? I have been out of the loop for some years and the sale is a little intimidating, with many games and very polarizing ones apparently.
I already had my eyes on Mechanicus, and to a lesser extent the civ clone, but I'm open to every suggestion.

Oh yes, I'm tempted to buy Armada too.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well, I will be a smartass and say that it wasn't enough then.
Don't get me wrong, I liked my time with the game, but it lacked something.

But yeah, unfortunate that they never iterated on that first attempt.
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of filthy xenos being purged in droves.

I think it was an enormously good AA game with a weak second half. However the combat was, in my opinion, miles more satisfying than anything else in the action genre. Mark Strong did the rest.

Just out of curiosity, what would you and everybody else recommend as great GW games ? I have been out of the loop for some years and the sale is a little intimidating, with many games and very polarizing ones apparently.
I already had my eyes on Mechanicus, and to a lesser extent the civ clone, but I'm open to every suggestion.

Oh yes, I'm tempted to buy Armada too.
I think Vermintide 1&2 are very well-received, I personally swear before the emperor that Space Marine is a damn great game. Then you have the Dawn of War games (1, 2, avoid 3), and Gothic armada if you are into ramming your mortal enemies before unloading a full broadside of your favorite, building-sized explosives into their faces.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm tempted by 40k Armada but i've heard there's a ton of micromanagement later on and i'm really not interested in that kind of thing anymore.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
So, Edge of Eternity and Mordhau got two updates for the weekend;

EoE got a 1.9 GB update that didn't add anything but brought two performance optimizations, one removing lag spikes that randomly happened and other regarding CPU usage. Along that, there's some other QoL updates there too, like better lip sync, balance of enemy levels, plus bug fixes.

Mordhau brought in some much needed fixes to the vote kick system where the enemy team could participate in vote kicks for your team. This has been now fixed, and now the player will be only kicked if majority of people vote yes (before it was based on a fixed number I think). Also spectators can't vote to kick other people, it's a little thing but makes things much better as people was starting to exploit this in Frontlines.

Talking about kicks, there was also a balancing on kicks (the move, to kick your opponents, you know). Kicking now is a more reliable tactics to break the defense of people using shields, although not by much. And about shields, it's now easier to circumvent them and hit your opponent directly even when he's shielding.

Then regarding weapons, three new skins were added, the mallet was buffed (and so was the blacksmith buffer that now has a higher range). Engineers are much stronger now. Deployable ballistas are stronger, the spikes are longer, toolboxes uses have been doubled (3 > 6 uses), repairing is also faster. Rapier people like me suffered a small nerf as stabbing is now slower (stab release time increase by 25ms) =/

Then some bug fixes were also implemented - your player slot will be reserved after a game ends so you aren't kicked back to the menu if someone loads faster than you, bots have been improved, high level unlocks that weren't able to be bought even when the user reached said level and had the necessary money are now purchasable as they should, collision fixes on Mountain Peak and some other visual bugs were fixed too.

Update download size is 293MB.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Do all the old 8bit-ps1 disney games have PC ports? I didn't know the hercules or ninja donald game existed
most, yeah ... they only gave up around the PS2-era and very briefly "came back" during the PS360 gen

and i definitely knew about Hercules since i played it when it was new :p

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Has anyone played Tower of Time (which is on sale right now on chronogg)? Is it any good in terms of story, characters and mechanics? I can't say I love CRPGs with real time combat but I can make an exception and actually enjoy it if the game is really good.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder what games Epic will nab as timed exclusives and announce them at E3.

KH3? RDR2? Spyro?

Status
Not open for further replies.