Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Looks like Microsoft is still updating 1709 despite officially ending support last month. Now I can continue not to try to update to newer versions. (Well, actually tried once, but had to downgrade cuz it broke).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
IFI pushed a patch for Death End, and reports are that it has broken way more than it has fixed. What an embarrassment.

Reactions: lashman

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Oh man POE:II is dirt cheap for me and base is 34% off while the one that comes with DLC is 40%...

I am already in the middle of playing three games ugh and I still need to finish the first one.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

General
  • Fixed a bug causing Steam UI and some Steamworks games to have occasional performance hitches for users with large friends lists or large numbers of blocked friends
Whatever large means.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Whatever large means.
Wasn't this a big issue with the new Anno? nice to have it fixed at least.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Nothing really different from what I've already said in here, but my impressions for Death end re;Quest's PC port are up.

I doubt they'll patch it, but I really hope they do.
It seems there was an update yesterday, but people are still complaining that it doesn't actually work.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I wish there was a way to see the DLC available that you haven't purchased for all games you own on Steam, for potential sales.
there might be something like that somewhere ... maybe Wok knows something?

Reactions: low-G

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

I have no excuse now, I gotta beat this game or die trying. It's been a long 22 years since I was first defeated by this game's notorious difficulty, and I'm not gonna quit now.

Come on GOG, make this a reality for us digitally
Fuck, I saw the image and thought they added this one too. Still have it on CD, but I'd totally get a digital version.

Remember it being hard as hell. I only managed to beat it using the god mode cheat.

Wow first time I hear of this game! Looks really. really good!

That's the first game I ever purchased on Steam. Fittingly, I still haven't played it to this day :LOL::LOL:
Haha mine was Max Payne 3!

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Is the extra content of the Deluxe Edition of Death End Re;quest worth it?

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019

This is an incredibly distressing situation, especially for Falcom and AQUAPLUS fans. Wonder if this is part of the reason why CS3 didn't have A PC port announced yet?

Reactions: Kvik

Eila

Jan 21, 2019

This is an incredibly distressing situation, especially for Falcom and AQUAPLUS fans. Wonder if this is part of the reason why CS3 didn't have A PC port announced yet?
No snitch, but a few days ago an alleged NIS employee did post over the dark side of the web about what a massive money sink that game was. And also some silly stuff, like NIS was considering other PC stores, or maybe opening their own PC store.
He mentioned that they are considering getting an external dev to take care of the Disagea PC ports. Also, that as of mid jan 2019, there was nothing on a Cold Steel III PC port 😭

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Having never played Claw (booo, boo this me!), I must have missed it. Please tell me it's a mecha sized stuff animal?
When you're on foot in the city in Shogo, you encounter a locked door, and the only one who can open it is a woman who's cat is missing. So, you make a detour to the sewers to help fetch her cat. If I remember correctly, you first have to find a cat toy down there that just happens to be Claw, which you use to lure the cat out. The cat toy actually speaks of you squeeze it by saying "The Claw!!!".

If you get the toy, I think you actually got to keep it among your weapons throughout the game.

Or if you didn't want to help find her cat, the player could shoot his/her way into her home and unlock the door without helping out.
But who does that?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I got to use my Retro-bit Saturn pad a tiny little bit.

At first I got worried, in my Saturn emulator (Mednafen with Mednaffe GUI front end) trying to map the dpad directions would map the horizontal as axis 1 left/right and vertical as axis 2 left/right or whatever. I don't care what they're labelled as, sure, but then in game the vertical wouldn't function at all so something weird was happening there. Firing up the recent Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle to test an actual game brought to light that if the config screen is a mess like that it would be really tiresome to configure the pad as I'd first have to figure out what each button is recognized as (the game only shows color coded A, B, X, Y etc as if it only expects an Xbox type pad) then find that button in the listing and scroll through the functions to find the one I want.

Thankfully all that was because the pad wasn't actually in xinput mode, holding start to enable it took care of all of that. The buttons are now mapped in the standard Xbox arrangement (with two of the shoulder buttons placed in C and Z respectively as the pad only has 2 actual shoulder buttons) by default and other games like Capcom's own Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection have actually decent configuration screens as you simply choose a function then press the input you want, rather than choose an input from a list then scroll through the functions.

It's been smooth sailing past that point. That said, if it wasn't already obvious, you should only get a pad like this if you want a retro (and retro style) games controller as it does lack a given amount of buttons many games (even 2D and otherwise retro-looking games) might need. Like, obviously, it's an exact replica (aside the mentioned softer rather than clicky shoulder buttons) without additions to remedy games expecting other inputs (even if theoretically they could have had a slightly tweaked set up to allow pads with less buttons to retain core functionality as plenty Saturn/PS multiplatform games did).

For example in Mednafen you couldn't fully map PlayStation (1) emulation since it doesn't only lack the shoulder buttons which C and Z can act as, but also the Select button compared to the DualShock. It should be fine in many games, for example if they use Start to pause yet Select for the menu or whatever also pauses and you don't actually need to push Start as the X/O buttons also begin/confirm. Or if some of the shoulder buttons are duplicates or void or button combinations you can press manually, then you could skip having them and map Select there. You have to figure out what's best per game.

Other emulated systems, arcades included, are fine obviously as the Saturn pad has more buttons than most up to that generation of systems, then starts to be left behind by some. Still, even modern fighting games will leave you without some functions you might want, like say the extra buttons which aren't actual play buttons but instead are mapped to do shit in training mode or in menus or enable whatever other shortcuts you might like.

I guess it would have been good to have software that lets you select which button acts as what xinput button, maybe even set things like "hold or double tap to have the Start button act as Select, tap to have it act as Start" or whatever those are called nowadays, or maybe hold Start and tap another button for other functions, so you can have a few more supplementary actions mapped (obviously not any that require high reflexes, just secondary functions and menus and stuff) to enjoy a wider range of games with a little less configuration hassle by exploiting such combinations that games don't commonly use.

So yeah, it seems like a wonderful pad for the specific type of use I got it for. If I didn't have my DualShock4 this wouldn't have been a great choice so waiting for the upcoming Retro-bit Saturn pad + modern inputs on top (sticks, extra shoulders etc) would have been the better course of action to get 6 face buttons and that sweet d-pad (as long as that pad proves equally great as it's gonna be more expensive with all the extras). But for anyone who already has an all purpose pad like a DS4 or an Xbox type pad or whatever and wants the 6 face button and dpad bliss of good old SEGA this should do.
I spoke too soon, the problem I had in dinput mode with the dpad not registering in-game (even though it registers in configuration/mapping screens) also exists in dinput mode except it's for the right shoulder button then (I played games that didn't use that to start with). I'm wondering if it's because these things register as analog axis even though they're digital but they're configured to only register a 99% analog press or something rather than a full press as in some software (like Windows device properties) every input registers in all modes but there seems to be room left to the axis display when pressing them.

Man I hope there's a fix for this, what a bummer. Going through the device axis calibration in Windows in either mode doesn't change the behavior. Halp :(

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Wasn't this a big issue with the new Anno? nice to have it fixed at least.
Probably unrelated. I assume it's this is about steam overlay.

Anno 1800 was specifically requesting updated rich status every frame or so.
Now steam partner documentation heavily implies that this is OK and results will be cached,
But the game doesn't actually have rich status enabled on Steam servers (it was probably dropped at last minute),
and for games without rich presence Steam server seemingly didn't reply at all, not even with error (or maybe there was so many errors that Steam blacklisted you for sending invalid queries and stopped replying)

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Those of you who have played Thimbleweed Park, that Speck of Dust achievement, I saw one of those and walked over to it but it cut to a dialog and the scene changed and when I went back it was gone, does that mean I missed it and have to pretty much restart the game to get the achievement?

EDIT: Ah seems you can "cheat" the achievements by savescumming.

Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Those of you who have played Thimbleweed Park, that Speck of Dust achievement, I saw one of those and walked over to it but it cut to a dialog and the scene changed and when I went back it was gone, does that mean I missed it and have to pretty much restart the game to get the achievement?

EDIT: Ah seems you can "cheat" the achievements by savescumming.
Yeah, the count goes up each time you collect them so it's no biggie. I had to re-load a save cause I was short 1 when I finished the game.

Reactions: Le Pertti

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
In case someone missed it, Blands3 is gone from EGS and EGS is gone from Blands3's shop website.

As are Randy's tweets about the sale including $10 off of Blands3. Someone higher up (2K?) must've gone 'waitasecond'. This is glorious.

And I see that even Rami is starting to have doubts if Epic has any idea what they're doing.

Last edited:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I wonder why they'd hide from their page since it's just temp removed until sale ends?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I wonder why they'd hide from their page since it's just temp removed until sale ends?
who knows ... maybe they didn't want to point people to a 404 page :p

Hopefully Devs will use this as an excuse to escape from egs.
i wish ... but nah, that's definitely not going to happen ... i'm fairly certain those contracts are iron-fucking-clad (sadly)

Reactions: Le Pertti

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm seriously considering getting Surviving Mars: Green Planet.
It looks so cool and the main game was so chill too play...
I just grabbed the First Colony Edition for $25.15CAD, which includes the base game, season pass and Deluxe Upgrade. Seems like a great deal since the season pass alone was more expensive than that($26CAD) and the Green Planet DLC was like $22CAD.

Reactions: derExperte

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
In case someone missed it, Blands3 is gone from EGS and EGS is gone from Blands3's shop website.

As are Randy's tweets about the sale including $10 off of Blands3. Someone higher up (2K?) must've gone 'waitasecond'. This is glorious.

And I see that even Rami is starting to have doubts if Epic has any idea what they're doing.
they pulled it until the sale is over, at least that's what I assume their "very soon" mean

Status
Not open for further replies.