Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I've gotten back into it thanks to the spring cleaning thing so I'd be willing to help out but I do own the game. So I wouldn't be much use when it comes to the achievement though if you happen to need an extra player I'm somewhat better than the ai at least.. maybe.
I like your positive look on things :smiling-eyes:
Never finished L4D2 either. Dropped it when every party I could join was rushing like their gameplay session was on a timer. I should go back this week, maybe.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I actually managed to get it already but I added you anyway lol
Ha! No worries. I've got to get some yard work done but I should be free in an hour or two if you're feeling like some more L4D2 later.

I like your positive look on things :smiling-eyes:
Never finished L4D2 either. Dropped it when every party I could join was rushing like their gameplay session was on a timer. I should go back this week, maybe.
Thanks! Some days can make it tough but I try to stay optimistic and I like helping when and where I can. :)

And you're welcome to add me too if you like. I hate rushing, it's what burned me out from playing with randos. Even though I've been through each level dozens of times at this point I still like searching around and enjoying the gameplay.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
My first game on Steam that I bought was CS: Source, back in 2009. I still plan to regularly play CS:GO one day, once I've put a serious dent into my ever-increasing backlog.

Reactions: NarohDethan

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I just played around a little with Grim Dawn for the Steam badge event, and I must say, it seems really good! The atmosphere is on point and the gameplay feels nice too. It also has good native controller support, even for Steam controller, which is much more than I can say for most computer hack and slash games (Still waiting on Blizzard to add controller support for Diablo 3. Any day now). The game also runs like a dream at 4k, except for some weird jerkiness when rotating the camera. I know it's not the frame rate because it doesn't drop when I get this stutter. I looked around for a solution online and I realized that this a common issue that existed in the game since day one. It wouldn't stop me from buying the game though but it's annoying.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Not having played HL2 (and specially the episodes) should make your Steam account suspended until the situation is rectified :p

Speaking of old games, it wasn't on my list for badges but the Spring Cleaning event inspired to replay the first Mirror's Edge.
  • Besides one bug that makes menu/subtitles fonts low res when selecting 1440p, it holds up really well for a 10 year old game.
  • Still plays well too. Amazing how they made platforming and running work in 1st person, even with the mouse.
  • But I'm 10 years older... so there are now several new Faith shaped smudges on the streets of The City of Glass.
Now I have to resist the urge to reinstall the sequel so I won't be disappointed again...

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone know when a new day starts for Valve? I'm in the UK and Day 2 won't light up even though i played a suggested game that was different to yesterday.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Anyone know when a new day starts for Valve? I'm in the UK and Day 2 won't light up even though i played a suggested game that was different to yesterday.
I think it started already. I have a similar issue, I got the speed clean day 2 task done, but spin cycle day 2 isn't unlocking for me for some reason :thinking-face:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Not playing Half Life yet being a PC gamer? I cannot even fathom how you exist.

I was so into Half Life I was playing all those leaked / stolen versions etc... I got TWO Half Life 1 logo hats because the time between my preorder and getting my copy was so large they had different store policies on the free hats.
PC gaming existed long before Half Life.
Half Life is an fps, in my younger years I couldn't fathom playing in FPS even on PC. When we had a disc that had Full Throttle+Some fps Star Wars game, the SW game turned me off due to being an FPS, but Full Throttle got me hooked.
I also played a few strategy games during the 90s which helped me like building genres a lot too.

Reactions: Milena and Li Kao

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Steam store updates 10am PST every day. Its 11:08am right now. Valve is in Washington US

The stamps are glitched atm. I got 1 but can’t get the others. Theres a big /r/steam thread about it

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Is anyone else having trouble unlocking the "clear the backlog" for today? Managed to get the other two.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Is anyone else having trouble unlocking the "clear the backlog" for today? Managed to get the other two.
I got only the Speed Clean one, other two do not work. Tried several games but no luck.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
Well Dengenki playstation only talks about playststion version. That new Atelier might still same day release

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I still need to play the first one at all :negative-blob:
I've been hoping it would show up in Monthly eventually, but given it's a Koei game that's probably a pipe-dream.
Maybe the summer sale will be the day I finally cave.
Dynasty Warriors 8 was in a humble monthly sooooooo......

Nioh is great though definitely recommend. (Shout out to the girl I randomly summoned into my world 5 times over the course of a week. She really helped me out with some tough bosses)

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Nioh is great though definitely recommend. (Shout out to the girl I randomly summoned into my world 5 times over the course of a week. She really helped me out with some tough bosses)
That changes things! Atelier bundle when

We'll see, I always say I want to buy x and y and z, but before seeing the discounts and checking my wishlist it's always hard to say :p

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Damn it. I thought I was rid of the sickness but I just got those two new bundles from Fanatical.

Resetting the counter: 0 days since needlessly expanding my backlog.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Here's a sneak peak at the June Highlight thread, let me know of any corrections needed. This isn't the full list btw, there's still a couple left to include which I'll get done by the next weekend.

Action

Platformers & Auto-runners

RPG

Adventure

Point n' Click Adventure games & Visual Novels

Strategy, 4X & Turn-based tactics style

Puzzle & Casual games

Shooter

Simulation & Building games

Virtual Reality

Horror

Racing

Shoot'em-up

Card game

Fighter

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

I lost about 2 hours playing this last night. Its really nice and chill.
yep played it few weeks ago and pretty much same impressions , made me pretty hyped for their upcomingr rally game
Looks like they have a follow up coming out soon.

I had the same sort of notion when I saw Art of Rally on my phone while my computer was borked (Forgot to check steam from there) and apparently ive been in the beta for it for like half a year so I went and installed it. The guy making it just changed the name so I didn't realize it wasn't a completely different game

It's just as fun as the guys first game but the lighting and scenery and stuff like that is a lot cooler (it still has some graphical problems but the drifting and stuff is fun) not to mention flying through the air on little bumps and jumps through forests.

Plus I'm pretty bad at it at the moment but rally stuff in general always seemed a lot cooler than regular racing games.

I'll have to try it out more later

Last edited:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
PC gaming existed long before Half Life.
Half Life is an fps, in my younger years I couldn't fathom playing in FPS even on PC. When we had a disc that had Full Throttle+Some fps Star Wars game, the SW game turned me off due to being an FPS, but Full Throttle got me hooked.
I also played a few strategy games during the 90s which helped me like building genres a lot too.
It was original Doom that sold me on PC gaming being great (I had an IBM PC compat before then but no game really impressed me to that extent). While I've enjoyed a lot of genres those early FPS games (of which Half Life is one) were literally the defining characteristic of the platform to me. To me it's like having every Nintendo platform but not playing Mario World.

But I understand everyone is different - I think my friend was more sold on PC as a platform in 1995 because of Full Throttle than Doom, Quake, etc, which I don't recall him ever playing, but he finished my own copy of Full Throttle in my home before I could. That's not to say I can accept the sentiment, but I recognize it exists.

Also Star Wars Dark Forces was great and it's a shame you couldn't enjoy that either.

Who was it in this community that loved Myth?

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
After watching a long stream of Between the Stars it became an instabuy.

So next week looks like this:

Whew.

Fellow Space Marine fan here, yay, the multiplayer was fantastic too when it worked (p2p afair).
Never got to play much of the multiplayer tbh, didn't even realise there was a horde mode until messing around in the menus last night!

I beat it the other day, it is a solid shooting game, with some annoying sections here and there but it if one wants to experience a shooter from the PS360 era that kind of defines the game philosphy they had for this style of shooting game, I'd recommend Space Marine.
Helps that the weapons have a nice feel to them, although the Melta Gun being only 10 rounds is lame because it is the coolest weapon in the game.
Along with Space Marine I would kill for 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand on PC from that PS3/360 era. It's a genuinely great co-op shooter and you never get bored going 'BITCH TOOK MA SKULL' with your friend over chat. :cool:

Reactions: Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It was original Doom that sold me on PC gaming being great (I had an IBM PC compat before then but no game really impressed me to that extent). While I've enjoyed a lot of genres those early FPS games (of which Half Life is one) were literally the defining characteristic of the platform to me. To me it's like having every Nintendo platform but not playing Mario World.

But I understand everyone is different - I think my friend was more sold on PC as a platform in 1995 because of Full Throttle than Doom, Quake, etc, which I don't recall him ever playing, but he finished my own copy of Full Throttle in my home before I could. That's not to say I can accept the sentiment, but I recognize it exists.

Also Star Wars Dark Forces was great and it's a shame you couldn't enjoy that either.

I'll aim to play it in the near future. I've become more open to FPS view these past few years.
Never got to play much of the multiplayer tbh, didn't even realise there was a horde mode until messing around in the menus last night!

Along with Space Marine I would kill for 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand on PC from that PS3/360 era. It's a genuinely great co-op shooter and you never get bored going 'BITCH TOOK MA SKULL' with your friend over chat. :cool:
You.
I like you.,

Reactions: low-G

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Why the hell does the games in the challenges update at a different time than the challenges itselfes?

I had downloaded a game to give it a spin later an now I need different games.

:steam_pig_mad:
LMAO yep that frustrated me too. Gaben slacking off smh.

Reactions: OSatan

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Half-Life 2's 15th birthday coming up in November, a good enough reason for another playthrough including the Episodes. Maybe I'll check out some mods (MMod looks great) but I'm more into reliving the old experience 1:1.

Also a reminder that HL1 is even better and doesn't need a reason to replay it once a year.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

While I'm not entirely sure that Koei has never been part of a Humble Monthly, DW hasn't been bundled, that's for sure. Neither DW8 Empires nor DW8 Xtreme Legends. But nonetheless, nothing is impossible, and I definitely could see them working with Humble once NiOh 2 gets closer to release, but so far they haven't partnered with Humble other than to sell their games on the store.

Regarding HL, can't say I ever played the second one and the first, well, let's say that I was too late to the party. To be completely honest with you folks, I've only played two series from Valve, CS and DoD.

I remember playing the second one, I think? I don't remember much about it but I remember struggling a bit but having fun, I was particularly amazed by its graphics. I definitely would buy Myth 2 and whatever else there is on that series if they get released on GOG someday.

FunnyJay