Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Odd announcement, Didn't Nintendo fund the game? I'll laugh that the indie bubble burst on the switch and all those indie developers are crawling back to steam when Tim Sweeny said no to their games lol

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Odd announcement, Didn't Nintendo fund the game? I'll laugh that the indie bubble burst on the switch and all those indie developers are crawling back to steam when Tim Sweeny said no to their games lol
They handled the physical distribution AFAIK.

Deleted member 113

Great news about Travis Strikes Back.
I enjoy Suda's games, and it's great that I'll get to play this spin-off on PC.
I had a lot of fun with No More Heroes 1 & 2 on the Wii, but I don't own a Switch (honestly, outside of something like the upcoming Mega Drive Mini, I doubt I'll ever buy another console), and I honestly never expected the game to be released on PC.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Its been 5 years since Bayonneta 2, maybe the moneyhat development has been paid off and it might release on other platforms.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Arma 3 with Aliens? Interesting.

Not even Portal? Come on, change that for your own sake. And no, you are never late to a party on PC, we're not talking about something from 1982. And if HL1 looks too dated there's Black Mesa.
Nah, dropped the Portal after an hour or so. And it's not that HL looks too dated, but something, I dunno, it just didn't grabbed me, you know? I started it thrice but every time I'd play for a bit until I get tired of it. Still, I'm definitely grabbing Blackmesa during this summer sale,

Suda announced Travis Strikes Again will have a Steam port on the momocon stream. Kinda wanted a port of the PS2 version of Flower Sun and Rain or the other NMH games, but eh, that's fine.
Damn, I saw that game on Digital Foundry and I was really looking to play it once I get my Switch. Guess I will have an alternative to that, and I'm glad for it!

Now, I've just finished my first playthrough of Headliner: NoviNews, bought it last night and started it just now. It has been a long time since a game made me feel the consequences of my actions in such a way, definitely recommended. Playing with a controller is a bit clunky, but other than that, it's a great game, soundtrack is also awesome.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Right now more people are playing HL2 (and 1) than Artifact.

Fuck! I bought it on Switch about one month ago. But will gladly double dip.
Same here, but I didn't pay much and after Octopath I'll wait for the price before celebrating/announcing the doubledip (plus after playing an hour I tend to agree with the not-so-hot reviews).

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Not having played HL2 (and specially the episodes) should make your Steam account suspended until the situation is rectified :p

Speaking of old games, it wasn't on my list for badges but the Spring Cleaning event inspired to replay the first Mirror's Edge.
  • Besides one bug that makes menu/subtitles fonts low res when selecting 1440p, it holds up really well for a 10 year old game.
  • Still plays well too. Amazing how they made platforming and running work in 1st person, even with the mouse.
  • But I'm 10 years older... so there are now several new Faith shaped smudges on the streets of The City of Glass.
Now I have to resist the urge to reinstall the sequel so I won't be disappointed again...
Hey, I finished off Mirrors Edge yesterday and yeah, It hold up really well. Such a clean sharp looking game and its good fun. I too splated Faith over many streets but managed to finish the whole game in around 4-5 hours which for me is a perfect amount of time. I like completing games in a weekend and moving on.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Just played through Kathy Rain, which was free to grab not too long ago.
...I didn't know I enjoyed point & click adventure games, now there's another genre to watch out for dammit.

But yeah, I liked it. Short but interesting, great dialog and voice acting and the puzzles were pretty logical and not too difficult.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Also in terms of Kiwami 2 I shelfed it again after doing some side activities yesterday. I'd rather wait and see what other patches are coming, the Ambient Occlusion is so bad, it's totally killing the IQ in a lot of scenes. (I read on the official bug thread that Kaldaien apparently already figured out the issue, so hopefully it's just a matter of time).
Ascheroth Now go and get everything Wadjet Eye have created or published. They're awesome.
I have Technobabylon in my library, that's probably next up!

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
...I didn't know I enjoyed point & click adventure games, now there's another genre to watch out for dammit.

But yeah, I liked it. Short but interesting, great dialog and voice acting and the puzzles were pretty logical and not too difficult.
Well then...

Obligatory plug.
Here's your next two favorite games. You're welcome :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Also in terms of Kiwami 2 I shelfed it again after doing some side activities yesterday. I'd rather wait and see what other patches are coming, the Ambient Occlusion is so bad, it's totally killing the IQ in a lot of scenes. (I read on the official bug thread that Kaldaien apparently already figured out the issue, so hopefully it's just a matter of time).

I have Technobabylon in my library, that's probably next up!
You must play the classics too from LucasArts and Sierra. Well some of Sierra at least.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Pathologic 2 for 10€ in case anyone is interested:

Deleted member 113

Pathologic 2 for 10€ in case anyone is interested:

Thanks for the promotion, lashman . :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

No one checks the buy/sell section, and I really didn't want to promote it on this topic. :)
I already got someone interested. (y)

Reactions: sk2k and lashman

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018

Nice!

Clifftop's follow up game, Whispers of a Machine, just came out and is really good as well.

Deleted member 113

why not? if no one checks the B/S/T thread - post those links in here all the time until they do ;) lol
Yeah, I think it would be a bit in bad taste to "spam" this topic promoting things. :giggle:

But, people really need to start using that buy/sell section that Deques put together.
The Metacouncil community even gathered funds to pay for that feedback plug-in, but if no one is making any deals it would have been a waste. :)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yeah, I think it would be a bit in bad taste to "spam" this topic promoting things. :giggle:

But, people really need to start using that buy/sell section that Deques put together.
The Metacouncil community even gathered funds to pay for that feedback plug-in, but if no one is making any deals it would have been a waste. :)
I also need to start using the BST thread too. But I don't anything to buy or sell yet :p
Has anyone used the feedback addon yet?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Xxl 2' eng voice acting is good imo however due to the cutacenes being synched and deaigned for the french dub the vas have to speed up their lines so it comes off weirs.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.