Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The Final Fantasy XIII games are a really fascinating trilogy. They are all so incredibly different from each other and each have their own flaws.

XIII is a case study on how not to design a JRPG
XIII-2 is Pokemon.
Lightning Returns is a waifu dress up simulator.

Imho all worth checking out.

Reactions: Gevin

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The Final Fantasy XIII games are a really fascinating trilogy. They are all so incredibly different from each other and each have their own flaws.

XIII is a case study on how not to design a JRPG
XIII-2 is Pokemon.
Lightning Returns is a waifu dress up simulator.

Imho all worth checking out.
Just go in with low exepctations. FF13 is among the very few 6 out 10 games that I like, and that is me being generous with the score.
I like FF13's combat system and the leveling up etc. is the equivalent of comfort food, but the overall game is, as you wrote, how not to design a jRPG.

Reactions: Ascheroth

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Loving the artstyle, and animation is pretty smooth.

Damn that game looks so good. I'm really happy that it's coming to Steam. It will be the first time we get a proper Harvest Moon game (That's not named Stardew Valley :p) released on PC. The initial trailer got me so in the mood for some farming that I started playing the original Harvest Moon. It's a little simplistic but it really holds up! Its pixel art is also fantastic. Animals never looked cuter than they do in glorious 16 bit SNES pixel art!
Can't believe the Monster minigame was in 2015. Time flies!
My first ever Steam summer sale, a true baptism by fire! I went absolutely nuts with the purchases that summer. I still shudder when I remember the damage I did to my bank account during that sale. Good times :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
I remember trying to do the meta game legitimately at first before finding out about the scripts... oh sweet summer child:LOL:
Anything I should keep in mind/install before starting FF13?
I absolutely loved it and I was mad into Final Fantasy back in the PS1 days. Surely it's not your typical classic Final Fantasy experience, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. The soundtrack is fire 🔥🔥
Just get into it with an open mind and hopefully you'll have fun with it too(y)

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
How shocking.
...Said no one ever.
Man, I really need to continue on with the series. I've still only played Sophie :confounded-face:
At this rate I'll cave during the summer seal. (I'm hoping for Voidu to come through though, regular discount + their semi-permanent -20-25% voucher would be ideal to counter-balance the KT pricing™ )
For Lulua, Greenmangaming had a pretty nice launch week discount (got it for 45.35€), I'm hoping the same will happen with future games.

When it comes to previous games, unfortunately Voidu only has 2 of them...

I think at the moment the store that has the best prices for Gust games is Direct2Drive, since they have a permanent discount for registered users, but unfortunately that discount is tiered and depends on how much the user has spent on the store (starts at 5% and ends at 20% for users that have spent a total of $60 on their store).
They do have most Gust games available though (all Gust games that have been released on PC except for Atelier Lulua), and they've done multiple KT sales campaigns (using the same discounts as Steam, but like coupons on other stores, the tiered member discounts stack with the sales discounts).

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
198X, launching June 20:

Oh.. another game going for the 80's nostalgia...

Watches the trailer

.... and it looks good and interesting. Would be nice if the site wasn't offiline though. And no Steam pre-order page means I'm holding up on getting too interested. Yes, I'm still traumatized by EGS :p

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Oh.. another game going for the 80's nostalgia...

Watches the trailer

.... and it looks good and interesting. Would be nice if the site wasn't offiline though. And no Steam pre-order page means I'm holding up on getting too interested. Yes, I'm still traumatized by EGS :p
Did I mention the game has some tracks by Yuzo Koshiro? :)

As for platforms, the game is scheduled to launch on Steam (it was kickstarted, and all updates have been mentioning Steam), as well as PS4, on June 20th, with Xbox One and Switch coming later.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I asked the developer on twitter, lets say if they respond. Speaking on the topic of twitter, I asked the monster boy developer if hes drinking the EGS cool aid and he got pretty mad and there's still no release date for that game

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
For Lulua, Greenmangaming had a pretty nice launch week discount (got it for 45.35€), I'm hoping the same will happen with future games.

I think at the moment the store that has the best prices for Gust games is Direct2Drive, since they have a permanent discount for registered users, but unfortunately that discount is tiered and depends on how much the user has spent on the store (starts at 5% and ends at 20% for users that have spent a total of $60 on their store).
They do have most Gust games available though (all Gust games that have been released on PC except for Atelier Lulua), and they've done multiple KT sales campaigns (using the same discounts as Steam, but like coupons on other stores, the tiered member discounts stack with the sales discounts).
I only checked Firis actually (since that's the next one I would like to get), so I didn't notice that! My thinking was mainly that it's not been long since Voidu got Firis and it hasn't been on sale at all yet there, so surely it has to go on sale soon-ish 🤞

Reactions: ezodagrom

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Does anyone else have the problem where you can't search (i.e. ctrl+f) your Steam wishlist? I can search for something I know is there, but if it's not literally on screen, it won't be found. It's been happening for ages :/ My workaround has been to write the keyword and mash enter while I free scroll through the list but it sucks.

Last edited:

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018

Yep. Just picked up the Mysterious trilogy from D2D and gave me the extra 20% discount instantly a few days ago. Also picked up Lulua on GMG prior to the sale expiring. While I never had experience with the series, I didn't really see a reason to spend $22+tax more for the deluxe edition when a lot of the season pass looks like fluff.

On another note, just pre ordered Wolfenstein: Youngblood due to the announcement of ray-traced features. Normally I don't go pre ordering prior to release but it's not a $60 release and co-op is available with the deluxe edition.

Reactions: ezodagrom

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Does anyone else have the problem where you can't search (i.e. ctrl+f) your Steam wishlist? I can search for something I know is there, but if it's not literally on screen, it won't be found. It's been happening for ages :/ My workaround has been to write the keyword and mash enter while I free scroll through the list but it sucks.
Yeah it only seems to search the visible text, which is entirely useless. There is a search field on the wishlist page, though, you should probably try using that instead of your workaround :D

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
is Wolfenstein Youngblood first ray tracked game epic didn't money hat?

Yeah it only seems to search the visible text, which is entirely useless. There is a search field on the wishlist page, though, you should probably try using that instead of your workaround :D
Yeah, page is optimized for performance and doesn't 'render' items outside view.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Speaking on the topic of twitter, I asked the monster boy developer if hes drinking the EGS cool aid and he got pretty mad and there's still no release date for that game

every time this game and its pc version comes up people respond with things like "but it will be such a great port" and "they go above and beyond for a pc port" but at this point,
why even bother? we are in ridiculous territory now. and full price i guess? yeah, lol. Maybe humble bundled with the slider at 0.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Finished Rage 2 on the weekend and 100% the achievements, it was a lot of fun. Not a perfect game by any means but I have no regrets purchasing full price day 1.

Now I have a hole in my life that I need to fill with a new game :(

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Did I mention the game has some tracks by Yuzo Koshiro? :)

As for platforms, the game is scheduled to launch on Steam (it was kickstarted, and all updates have been mentioning Steam), as well as PS4, on June 20th, with Xbox One and Switch coming later.
Well, interest rising up again then.... but will remain skeptical until I can press the "buy" button.

Still, putting a launch trailer out without having a store page for people to wishlist it is probably not the best marketing decision.

Well, at least it is a few days before the summer sale so I would probably not be broke yet.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah I have a problem with it ✋
I appreciate that the wishlist doesn't bring the browser down to its knees ever since they updated it, but I like to arrange the wishlist manually sometimes and the built in search function hides the game's number in the wishlist which makes it impossible to drag and drop it in the wishlist. Thanks for that workaround in any case, it's certainly a unique way of doing it but hey it beats scrolling and squinting :LOL:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Maybe removing one achievement from a game makes that game count as 0% which affects the avg quite a bit. But you used SAM to add achievements and it got stuck that way? You have astats ?
I have stopped caring about the AGC being stuck. I'm using astats for the stats. Truesteamachievements.com is also good achievement tracker
Looking at the astats site, when I increased 9% in a game, it only increased the steam agc rate by 0.02%, so yeah I have to get a lot more 100% games to even make a dent.XD
Yeah, the more games you play the more you need to unlock for each game

Reactions: Le Pertti

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Unfortunately my no. 1 use case for searching the wishlist is to move certain games to/near the top so that I won't forget about them, and when you use the in-built search it disables the button to move it to the top :')

Yeah I have a problem with it ✋
I appreciate that the wishlist doesn't bring the browser down to its knees ever since they updated it, but I like to arrange the wishlist manually sometimes and the built in search function hides the game's number in the wishlist which makes it impossible to drag and drop it in the wishlist. Thanks for that workaround in any case, it's certainly a unique way of doing it but hey it beats scrolling and squinting :LOL:
Yeah that's exactly the problem! Frustrating :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Also picked up Lulua on GMG prior to the sale expiring. While I never had experience with the series, I didn't really see a reason to spend $22+tax more for the deluxe edition when a lot of the season pass looks like fluff.
I considered the deluxe edition at first since it seemed to have a somewhat normal price for a game + season pass combo (which is unusual for KT games), but it turns out that the deluxe edition only includes the 1st season pass... out of 3 (I'm glad I went with just the base game).

Last edited:
Reactions: Xclash

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I asked the developer on twitter, lets say if they respond. Speaking on the topic of twitter, I asked the monster boy developer if hes drinking the EGS cool aid and he got pretty mad and there's still no release date for that game

Ya'll need to stop poaching for devs and pubs 'drinking the EGS cool aid', makes y'all look petty.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Unfortunately my no. 1 use case for searching the wishlist is to move certain games to/near the top so that I won't forget about them, and when you use the in-built search it disables the button to move it to the top :')
I never noticed :O
(I don't use my wishlist much directly, since I primarily use it as something to sync with isthereanydeal or gg.deals to look for good deals).
Confusing design choice. That renders part of its functionality entirely useless.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018

Yeah that's exactly the problem! Frustrating :disappointed-but-relieved-face:
Can't you just write the number you want in instead? I swear you could but I guess that might be something that was from before the wishlist page overhaul, or a enhanced steam feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.