Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah. I'm not too much into 3D platformers but A Hat in Time is great.
Try Poi, it was a lot better game to me despite the clearly far lower budget and resources (and also the dive ability kinda breaking some levels difficulty as it was added later on by fan demand), Very N64-like. Also Skylar & Plux is cool though its end felt a bit abrupt, like I should have had more levels to go through instead, and I hated some of the art (which is what made me not even give it a short initially and for a long time). Very PS2-like. I couldn't finish A Hat in Time.

Deleted member 113

Try Poi, it was a lot better game to me despite the clearly far lower budget and resources (and also the dive ability kinda breaking some levels difficulty as it was added later on by fan demand), Very N64-like. Also Skylar & Plux is cool though its end felt a bit abrupt, like I should have had more levels to go through instead, and I hated some of the art (which is what made me not even give it a short initially and for a long time). Very PS2-like. I couldn't finish A Hat in Time.
Poi is indeed a lot of fun. (y)
It's not easy for an indie 3D platformer to hold my interest for long, but I did finish, and enjoyed my time with the game.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Better than actually dreaming about good localisation of Cold Steel III by NISA.
Don't worry, NISA will actually release CS3.
They won't release CS4 obviously. Also the Geofront guys will get DMCA strike just before Zero patch release

Reactions: 「Echo」

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Poi is such a fun gem.

Also, June 25 is the Steam Sale? I’m teaching Summer School and get paid on June 20. Nice. Wait, what about those games I purchased last year? Yikes!

Anyway, will EGS moneyhat us to participate in their “sale?”

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Finally able to browse Era that was having routing issues with my region and after reading the "EGS Show" thread.... well... if the routing issues return I'm not going to complain too much.

Void Bastards looks like it's shaped up nicely and launches on the 29th.

Void Bastards - XBox One Gamepass Steam - with a link to an 18 minutes IGN gameplay vid.

Aaaaaand another one wishlisted. Thanks.
I really need to get rich somehow.

apparently they're giving people $10 to use during that "sale" if they activate 2FA
Sooooo many people are going to fall for the "but I'm actually just taking advantage of them by taking the $10" thing here.... it is not going to be pretty.

Reactions: derExperte

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I thought EGS didn't want to do sales to devalue the game. OH WELL!

---

So the bluetooth Xbone controller started to get the dreaded stutter symptom that there seems to only be a half-assed fix for. Looking at maybe an elite since those used the old adapters, right? Did those have serious quality control issues or was it just overblown?

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
New CPU exploits to worry about.

Nice work from TU Graz.
It does look like the most severe issue (what they call Variant 2 with an unprivileged attacker) should be preventable at the OS level without too much of a performance impact.

It also seems like the most recent Intel CPUs are already patched at the HW level:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That sucks.. sorry. I'll keep an eye out in case it pops up elsewhere. Worst case is waiting for the summer sale since it will probably have a decent discount there.
nooooooooooo :(

that sucks
It fucking sucks because I wanted to buy more games and for that I paid it completely in advance, now I have no card nor cash to buy games, fuck.

Reactions: MJunioR

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
June is going to kill me financially. Looking at Bloodstained (possibly two copies, one for my gf), Judgement and the steam sale which I assume is late June as always so I need to save money. Meanwhile plague tale's over here staring at me and making me wonder how important saving money really is.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Nice work from TU Graz.
It does look like the most severe issue (what they call Variant 2 with an unprivileged attacker) should be preventable at the OS level without too much of a performance impact.

It also seems like the most recent Intel CPUs are already patched at the HW level:
9900k purchase finally justified. Soon gotta update your CPU yearly along with all your software suites!

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
MS released a Windows 10 update thats supposed to help against ZombieLoad a few hours ago I believe.
You got the specific update thing so I can see if I have it? I updated but can't tell which one it is lol. I am at work so just wondering.

Dont worry, but thanks! :) there will be other chances.
Did it mention something? Contact support because I have to do that with steam, but with my bank lol.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
You got the specific update thing so I can see if I have it? I updated but can't tell which one it is lol. I am at work so just wondering.

Did it mention something? Contact support because I have to do that with steam, but with my bank lol.
It seems that the company that issued the card is rejecting the transaction, which is weird because I used it to buy lunch earlier today, I've bought from Amazon, Nintendo's eShop and other online retailers before with it and I've never encountered any problem, and I cant reach a human on their phone number.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Nice work from TU Graz.

RIDL and Fallout: MDS attacks

From the FAQ: Am I affected?

"Very likely. Our attacks affect all modern Intel CPUs in servers, desktops and laptops. This includes the latest 9th-generation processors, despite their in-silicon mitigations for Meltdown. Ironically, 9th-generation CPUs are more vulnerable to some of our attacks compared to older generation hardware.

Processors from other vendors (AMD and ARM) do not appear to be affected. Official statements from these vendors can be found in the RIDL and Fallout papers."

Anyone with a 9th gen series CPU here who can run their app and see if they're vulnerable?

Status
Not open for further replies.