Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Google bringing EGS business model to consoles.

If they really wanted to what they could have done was a EGS,Stadia, and Apple Arcade deal followed by a Xbox Game Pass deal 6 months after. They could have made a lot of money without people actually buying the game?

Is DD not doing EGS stuff anymore?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Wonder what this means for the System Shock 1 remake, or if that and SS3 will be EGS exclusive now
Since Nightdive still owns the IP and trademark, Tencent is just taking over development of SS3 with their own studio. An ideal situation ,given how bad that Ultima game was. An SS3 without Warren Spector > No ss3, so i'm okay with this.

....and there's going to be a new/different Justice League movie/mini series.. 2020 rolling out all the hits.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

GTA V - 130 mill copies
RDR 2- 31 mill
Blands 3 - 10 mill
The Outer Worlds - 2,5 mill

And Borderlands 3 has now sold over 10 million units, up 50% over Borderlands 2 unit sales over the same period. Additionally, MAUs for Borderlands 3 steadily rose throughout Q4 and saw the largest influx of new players since the game's launch during March, due to its Steam release.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I wonder if we ever see a true unleashed version of Stadia.

If Google really starts throwing money Sweeney style.

The start of next gen is best time to do it since install base will be small for a while. Devs delaying a platform release by a year will be worth it for them if the pay is right. Xbox is gonna do it and they kinda already did with a few of those new titles they showed like Scorn are timed for XsX. and You know Sony is gearing up to do similar stuff too.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Just saw this

Doom Eternal Latest Information on Update 1 & Anti-Cheat

Despite our best intentions, feedback from players has made it clear that we must re-evaluate our approach to anti-cheat integration. With that, we will be removing the anti-cheat technology from the game in our next PC update. As we examine any future of anti-cheat in DOOM Eternal, at a minimum we must consider giving campaign-only players the ability to play without anti-cheat software installed, as well as ensure the overall timing of any anti-cheat integration better aligns with player expectations around clear initiatives – like ranked or competitive play – where demand for anti-cheat is far greater.
I'm pleased that they are removing it and I will be able to reinstall the game. I will stop asking Steam for a refund on the game but if they add it back in again, I'll be back asking!

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
most of the way through Darksiders III and it's still good. still wish it was less Soulslike but the exploration is really fun. lack of a map isn't too big an issue when you're tracking down the sins, but gets pretty annoying once you get more of the abilities and are trying to remember where newly accessible areas were

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
How does the humble choice discount works? Can you use it only for one copy of a game? Like, if I know someone who's subscribed, can I ask them to buy a game for me with the discount without removing it from them in the future?

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Humble discount is just a -20% on almost anything on the store, it's applied autimatically and not tied to the games, so you can buy multiple copies of any game while subscribed.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Good writeup. So you reckon Troubleshooter can go toe-to-toe with Chimera Squad and hold their own, yeah?
100%

What's interesting is how similar Troubleshooter and Chimera Squad are in some respects. The story setup is remarkable similar in each with you taking over a smaller civilian paramilitary squad under the shadow of a larger police force within the city. Chimera also introduces a lighter tone to the IP with hero characters quipping back & forth in the comic-book cut scenes & in combat scenarios.

Where Troubleshooter breaks away is in the scope and depth. I mentioned earlier that there's over 600 unique Mastery skills that you can mix, match & equip on party members. But also of interest is that there's 80+ unique story missions (early on averaging me 45-60 min. each), 200 cut scenes, 180 Achievements, etc.

Taken as a whole, Trouble is simply far greater in size & scope. With customization suites that dwarf Chimera by a pretty wide margin. But perhaps that's by design as Chimera with its discounted price and surprise release feels like a testing lab DLC for Firaxis.

What's funny is that I absolutely love modern XCOM. The whole formula just fires on all cylinders both on and off the field. So while I'm evangelizing Trouble it's not at the expense of XCOM proper. There's no Sophie's Choice going on here. I'm just amazed that there's a legit contender in the XCOM-ring that isn't XCOM. Something that feels XCOM mechanically, but has enough of a unique stamp to feel crazy-fresh in the process.

liezryou

MetaMember
Oct 31, 2018
So i started playing crucible, liked it, decided to buy the biggest in game currency pack. Me being absentminded forgets this and an hour later buys the same pack so now i have way too much currency, i should be able to get a refund right? WRONG. There is literally no way u can get a refund in crucible right now. It's literally a loop. Steam CS goes to amazon CS which goes back to steam CS. This is just not my week.

Reactions: lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Google bringing EGS business model to consoles.

Isn't that how console works? EGS just adopted console strategy to PC market.
Obvious crowing about the inevitable hypocrisy of the "it's just another launcher" people aside, this move tells us who Google sees as Stadia's competition, and I've been saying it for a while: it ain't the PC.
Because PC is dead.

Reactions: Ge0force

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I need to buy a new TV for the living room, what to get? I mostly don't like samsung's washed out colors, but it has steam link built in right?

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I need to buy a new TV for the living room, what to get? I mostly don't like samsung's washed out colors, but it has steam link built in right?
Samsung has steam link built in but some newer lg tvs have gsync compatible support.

Rtings have some good tv reviews.

Reactions: Rando10123

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Find old MAFIA CDs [:xb_a:]
Install Mafia from CDs on Win10 [:xb_a:]
Visit PCgamingwiki, install recommended patch and community patch [:xb_a:]
Run Game [:xb_b:]
Find and install cracked exe [:xb_a:]
Run Game [:xb_a:]
Make copy of your own CDs so you don't have to use them while gaming [:xb_b:]

Rage about old on Disc DRM
:wd_herewego:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
If i had the money I’d splurge in the new LG CX
It reviewed pretty well, although the input lag at 2160p VRR is rather high. Best paired with an Ampere GPU or two.

At the moment it's still rather expensive in my region, but perhaps there will be a pretty hefty discount on Black Friday.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Origin aint worth shilling cash to atm
Only reaso to do so is if ea didnt bother to include your region to allow purchasing their game from
Also for medieval sims

Reactions: ISee

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hmh got a feel for playing some RPGs, I have to so many that I've played like 10% off so I should be play one of those but it's always so hard to go back to an RPG after being away for a long time.

Reactions: ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.