Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

I think some of our folks from here are as well informed as JaseC ๐Ÿ˜› They just don't see the point in "game X is going to be ported soon" teasing anymore, it shouldn't be that surprising at this point. No point in going back and forth around this topic anymore without more specific details, like technical details or when it's going to happen. Believe me, people who are working on this stuff are want to reveal it as soon as possible, but that's not how this industry works, so just relax and wait for a few more weeks.
No one knows shit.

You want to know why?
Because I keep asking for a subtle hint that Splatterhouse (2010) will indeed be released on PC, and no one came forward. ๐Ÿ˜›

Who cares about all this Sony crap?
Give me my Splatterhouse!

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
No one knows shit.

You want to know why?
Because I keep asking for a subtle hint that Splatterhouse (2010) will indeed be released on PC, and no one came forward. ๐Ÿ˜›

Who cares about all this Sony crap?
Give me my Splatterhouse!
Best Splatterhouse is the original for NES! Think it was my first import game and loved it so much.

Deleted member 113

Best Splatterhouse is the original for NES! Think it was my first import game and loved it so much.
Original on the NES?
What??? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

The original Splatterhouse was actually an arcade game (later ported to consoles like the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16).

The NES game is a spin-off (that, as far as I recall, was never translated to English).

The 2010 game actually has unlockable ports of the three "official" games in the series (the NES spin-off isn't included).

Reactions: Li Kao

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I think some of our folks from here are as well informed as JaseC ๐Ÿ˜› They just don't see the point in "game X is going to be ported soon" teasing anymore, it shouldn't be that surprising at this point. No point in going back and forth around this topic anymore without more specific details, like technical details or when it's going to happen. Believe me, people who are working on this stuff are want to reveal it as soon as possible, but that's not how this industry works, so just relax and wait for a few more weeks.
Wise words. Besides, there's plenty to play!

Reactions: Ascheroth

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Original on the NES?
What??? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

The original Splatterhouse was actually an arcade game (later ported to consoles like the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16).

The NES game is a spin-off (that, as far as I recall, was never translated to English).

The 2010 game actually has unlockable ports of the three "official" games in the series (the NES spin-off isn't included).
Ok, the first one I played at least haha. Yeah ok I was wrong about that, but still, love the NES spin off version!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I still don't understand the dumb delay in release outside NA, you want to drive as much traffic as possible to your game on day 1 and staggering that traffic seems counterproductive
Don't even think about it, it took them around 5 hours to check all the boxes of the steam devs panel xd

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Nice price there Platinum Games. Greedy little bitches. Making sure i never buy any of your games in the future.

Up to this point I think that they have only developed games that eventually make their way to PC, but I'm guessing the change of publishing is something that they were not that well informed on?

Seeing how a lower price in some places would help it sell and also having it available world wide at the same time as well.

This makes me cautious of what other questionable things they might do when they self publish some of their newer IP stuff that they are working on.

Or will we get a Shenmue 3 on EGS sort of a thing? I still can't remember all of the details but I would imagine that was part Deep Silver involvement and also Ysnet not being familiar with the whole PC state of things. Did they ever make those one physical copies of the game after all?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I sent them an email and a few tweets, looks like an error as the community and the assets are still in place, also it got removed at 1am local time for the devs.

oh shit, so it's not coming to steam at all?
It is, in fact they re-confirmed such release April's last week.

About Sinking City something happened, not sure what exactly and the devs are still releasing their things on Steam as seen with their last teaser. so please wait until more details.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
:fgo_bruh:
How does that even make sense? Direct conversion is bad but this...
I can understand going for a direct conversion, despite the difference in value between USD and Euro, we do have tax included in the displayed price while americans don't, but the number in โ‚ฌ being higher than $ is a big no.

ZKenir

โ€ Child of Raikou โ€
May 10, 2019
guess I'll hit that ignore button and keep the money, it'll go to my FGO whaling fund

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Up to this point I think that they have only developed games that eventually make their way to PC, but I'm guessing the change of publishing is something that they were not that well informed on?

Seeing how a lower price in some places would help it sell and also having it available world wide at the same time as well.

This makes me cautious of what other questionable things they might do when they self publish some of their newer IP stuff that they are working on.

Or will we get a Shenmue 3 on EGS sort of a thing? I still can't remember all of the details but I would imagine that was part Deep Silver involvement and also Ysnet not being familiar with the whole PC state of things. Did they ever make those one physical copies of the game after all?
Good developers don't necessarily make good businessmen.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yooo, been digging into the router from my ISP and if I plug in an external drive to it then it works like a NAS! And as a server for a bunch of stuff AND even has a thing to block ads, holy shit thats awesome.

I'm using Free for those in France that didn't know about the ad blocking.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

inky

๐Ÿค”
Apr 17, 2019
Looks like Saints Row 3 got one hell of a remaster. Interesting that they put this much effort into it.

As an entitled toxic PC gamer I expected to get it for free, ngl, but looking at this, gotta wonder why the effort? Seems like a lot of work.

Reactions: lashman

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'm honestly surprised at the very positive reviews and sales for monster train. Every other roguelike/deckbuilder after Slay the spire that was published always flopped. Exception for Neoverse I guess.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I'm honestly surprised at the very positive reviews and sales for monster train. Every other roguelike/deckbuilder after Slay the spire that was published always flopped. Exception for Neoverse I guess.
There was a beta. I had a key to play during a weekend or so, so I guess they managed to build a small and vocal community.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Didn't One Step From Eden do great? I saw it often on New and Popular plus it has quite a lot of reviews.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I was surprised by just how many of the reviews had large playtimes. I picked it up, because I figure if people are getting over 100 hours in it and still feeling good, it must have at least some of the depth that made StS so good.

Didn't One Step From Eden do great? I saw it often on New and Popular plus it has quite a lot of reviews.
I think so, but Eden's also pretty far removed from StS. It's more of an action game, and a fast-paced one at that. I want to say Ratropolis seemed to be doing well too, but that's also a real-time affair. It's gotta be hard to stand up against StS with another turn-based game, because Spire's design is so deep and elegant.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Have they mentioned if Artifact 2.0 will be f2p or if it will remain p2p?

FunnyJay