Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2018
Epic won't .. if you look at what timmy said in their own apple suit, he was even kinda excusing sony for the crossplay thing
I mean, even if they are being honset that doesn't mean that a third party wouldn't try to go after sony (or others) for the same reason using the precedent established by epic.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I think League is on the Win10 store. Not sure tho. I can't think of anything else making decent money on there except ofc Minecraft and all its in app purchases.

Amazon product
Steam key for an EA game :astonished-face:
Really wish EA would do a PC physical version of Mass Effect: Legendary with discs, steam key and everything.

Now that is something I would pay 70$ for.

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I am only missing 8 cards from Artifact Classic. :boomer:

:hipster:

It feels good seeing the buy orders get fulfilled for previously rare and expensive cards.

:mellow:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm having trouble following if there's a specific point. Granblue does have a battle pass and I believe it works exactly like Apex with things to unlock and daily/weekly challenges to help you level up it. It's not popular because it's easier to buy a battle pass in a F2P game rather than a game that came out at $60 then having to buy two character passes and then a battle pass. Content purchases in FGs are usually just skins, characters, and stages. FGs don't sell you incentives to play online. You play online because you want to play. If your game isn't Street Fighter and Tekken then you'll run into the empty lobby issue. That's just popular game in a particular genre vs less popular game in said same genre.

What I replied to was about the battle passes Valve has to feed into tournaments which Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat do. SF does a premier pass which gives you skins and a stage for about $20 which isn't "value" but it's made to give money towards the prize pool for that year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone found any good game deals before the sale ends I would appreciate it. Any historical lows or stuff that doesn't go on sale often.
Thank you that explains a lot. So they still use a normal season pass that they use but on top of that they also offer an additional season pass style dlc that is used to help pay for the Capcom tour?

I had assumed that they used just 1 season pass and that season pass is where some money was gathered from but in reality 2 separate ones are used.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Great article. It's really nice to see more reporting like this on the importance of black developers to gaming history, as well as generally exploring the non-white and/or non-male people in its history. Interesting to see a Netflix documentary being mentioned, will give that a try when I sub it again.

• Comfy

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
First shot is done. Now to imagine dying for 3 days, because [UWSL]hypochondria ! :cryblob: (I'm honestly more worried about my coronary arteries than the shot, though)[/UWSL]
Still feels good, that's one solid first step.

That being said, WEEB ASSEMBLE !
My tram neighbor was reading a webtoon, didn't ask because there is always the risk of being said to fuck off. Protag seems to have light grey or peppermint hairs, his friend has brown red hairs. There i a guy with a katana. And a funny scene with a grey snowman.

I'm certain I will find the title with so detailed a description.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
More like Metro Exodus: OOS GPU Edition :so-good-blob:

In other news, I posted about boardgames so much yesterday that I now have a Games Workshop craving. Lucky me, it's not a picky craving, so video games will do, no need to sell a kidney.
Interested in Warhammer Underworld for 7 or so with choice discount. Also interested in Necromunda, but best price being 18 is a little much for a seemingly bad game. But hell, Necromunda + Valkyria Chronicles ? That's interesting.

I also have a 'real' boardgame craving, but... check notes... lucky me, I have no social life, no friends, and game prices seem to have gone the way of
[UWSL]highway robbery.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]PS. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REACTIONS TO MY SHOT ! I LOVE YOU :photoblobheart:[/UWSL]

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Upgraded my laptop by adding SSD and RAM. I now live in a 32gigs world, but fuck me I'm never doing this again. Opening it up and adding these components felt like performing heart surgery. I love having this power and being able to move but desktop had me feeling a lot safer when opening the case.

• Hug
Reactions: Stevey and Li Kao

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Epic won't .. if you look at what timmy said in their own apple suit, he was even kinda excusing sony for the crossplay thing
I 100% believe Tim's end goal is to have EGS on everything. If this court case goes his way I have no doubt he'll no longer be happy with the console 30% cut and want that cash all for himself.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
I 100% believe Tim's end goal is to have EGS on everything. If this court case goes his way I have no doubt he'll no longer be happy with the console 30% cut and want that cash all for himself.
The argument he made during the trial was that once the metaverse gets going, he wants to charge musicians, content creators and other artists a cut and if Epic has to pay 30% to the platform holder then it makes it really difficult to become a profitable business so, what other platforms charge that same 30%?

He will use a favourable ruling to get EGS on everything, he just attacked Apple because iOS was the platform that less revenue made in Fortnite, he still needs the Sony and Microsoft money until the metaverse is created because it's the main source of income.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The thing is, he's right! He should be able to bypass platform holders and just have his own launcher living in its own little world. I have no objection to this, considering walled gardens are a pretty big anti-consumer thing. Where I start to object is when he wants a better cut and wants to dictate the cuts of other platforms and on top of that removes products from them through exclusivity deals.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I finished

It's a cute little 3D platformer, but it feels a bit unpolished and floaty, especially the little combat there is. However, it's heavily focused on platforming, including the last and only) boss, so that's not too big a deal.
I did enjoy that new moves like the double jump or the glide were genuinely needed to reach platforms and not a failsafe like so many other games, even if it's very easy, it's not because it's served on a platter.
Nice music and very videogamey atmosphere (it's based on different eras of gaming, so, yeah) too.

But of course, the biggest thing is that it is a completely free game.
I'd like to see where the team goes from there, they could make some fun stuff.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
The boardgame wasn't bad, I've played with a friend, I see mixed reviews on the digital adaptation, what went wrong?
Seems like offline game modes are very limited, they re-enabled timers for non-ranked friendly matches by mistake in the last patch, AI is a bit dumb but a lot of it is down to new people not knowing what to do because of unintuitive interface and bad tutorial. So the usual half-baked solo experience you always get with these games. I don't know why people expect any different tbh. Oh and you have to buy certain armies as they don't come packed in with the base game, again, not fun if your favorite army is not in the base game but not entirely unexpected from these types of game.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
hold on, 70% of the industry total revenue is F2P???????? :dizzy-face::dizzy-face:

You have to eat, drink and bathe in the corporate Kool-Aid to say stuff like that on the stand, under oath.

I mean, who fucking does that? Why not just say, "Do you mean the PC service or our console business?"

Why use PR-approved nomenclature in court?
people who are execs absolutely are the type that are already fully ingrained in the kool-aid, it's practically an unspoken requirement in order to be in the position

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
AHA-Lambda Did you not realise just how BIG mobile gaming & F2P games are? I get reminded every few months just how small console and PC gaming is compared to the F2P and mobile ecosystems. The COD Mobile game a month or so ago shocked some people with just how much money is being made.

Gacha, timed crossovers and collabs, whaling, MTX it all adds up when your audience is billions of mobile phones and potato laptops and tablets.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
AHA-Lambda Did you not realise just how BIG mobile gaming & F2P games are? I get reminded every few months just how small console and PC gaming is compared to the F2P and mobile ecosystems. The COD Mobile game a month or so ago shocked some people with just how much money is being made.

Gacha, timed crossovers and collabs, whaling, MTX it all adds up when your audience is billions of mobile phones and potato laptops and tablets.
Oh yeah I knew it was big; very, very big, but nearly 3/4 of the whole industry big?? Makes me wonder why publishers even bother with anything else with that level of domination

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Oh yeah I knew it was very big, but nearly 3/4 of the whole industry big??Makes me wonder why publishers even bother with anything else at that level of domination
Because that domination is concentrated on very few players in the industry and not everyone is gonna get to be Fortnite, so all inning on that market is a quick path to bankruptcy if you don't strike gold

Remember that Ubisoft made a Battle Royale last year? Neither do I.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Why do most payment methods bypass anti-fraud system?

that doesn't really say much, PPRO have their own anti-fraud stuff and among their clients are paypal, (which iirc has its own stuff as well?).
Xsolla has its anti-fraud stuff (duh! it's there for some)
Micropayment also has its own security stuff, so I don't think the situation is just "those have anti-fraud and those others don't".

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes
Status
Not open for further replies.