Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Since I use steam I only wrote a review for DQB2 because it pissed me off with the save thing and for Ryza 2 because thighs.

I'm never gonna do it ever again unless paid or pissed off I guess

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I try to write a review now and then, but I should go over some of my favs and see if I did. I'm more consistent on my curator thingy than on my account proper.

Also, about the Control UE thing, is it true that even if you get the DLC for the base game/Humble version, it's still not fully recognized as the UE and you'll still have issues like no offline play? I want to say I read that somewhere, but my memory's foggy.
Sadly yes. You don't get the best build of the game

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I played Gato Roboto last weekend and I made a point of reviewing that (even if it's just an extremely short review).
It's a really solid game by the way, if you want to play a short, focused, cute, minimalist Metroidvania it's a great choice (took me ~3,5 hours).

There are still lots of really obscure indie co-op games we played that I should review, but since those often have very few reviews that (somewhat paradoxically) makes me less likely to write one. When a game has 10 reviews or so I feel some pressure to go more in-depth and provide more information, rather than just a short impression. I should get over that, even a short impression is much better for the game than not writing a review at all.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
With the enormous split between PS and Xbox for RE8 it seems to me like the biggest platform for multiplatt games in the coming years, unless things change of course, will be Playstation and Steam/PC.

• This!
Reactions: Lashley

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, i'm no writer so my reviews wouldn't be much beyond "I liked the game and had no problems with it." and even if i did have something deep and philosophical to say about the game i certainly don't have the talent to express it.

Expect a lot of "Good game.", "I liked it.", "It was fun.", etc reviews if i'm expected to add my voice to the chorus more often.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I did start playing Gato Roboto and was enjoying it, but I found the boss battles to be a pretty huge difficulty spike and gave up.

Finished NieR Automata last night (on Game Pass, but I didn't notice any particular issues with the PC port aside from the AA bullshit). Hack-and-slash gameplay gets awfully repetitive by the end, and Route B should have been cut down significantly to help the pacing, but the story, atmosphere, world-building, and ending make it worth playing through all the way.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
The most important thing is to review games you didn't like.
Hmmm yeah you are probably right.

Though there aren't many games that i dont like enough to leave a negative review. Its usually that ive bought it without proper research or got swept up on the hype train and so i deem that to be more my fault than the developers. I'd probably leave negative reviews for technical issues or outright mis-marketing.

I'd rather praise those games i like and for the ones i dont they just wont get a future sale without some proper research into it. I guess thats where the negative reviews help though.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
With the enormous split between PS and Xbox for RE8 it seems to me like the biggest platform for multiplatt games in the coming years, unless things change of course, will be Playstation and Steam/PC.
It's a physical split for RE8. Xbox has been pushing people towards digital for years.
It's not the complete picture, is my point.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Unfortunately guy who is doing Saints Row 2 patch didn't manage to beat cancer and it is in terminal phase so he is stepping down as Community Manager and it will work on patch for as long as he can.
Absolutely horrible. Fuck this life, sometimes.

Reactions: Alexandros

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Just cleared the second area of RE 8. There's some truly sick fucks working at Capcom, and I love it.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I still believe that Valve should allow us to thumbs up games without having to write a review. It doesn't have to carry as much weight, but it would be nice.
I've been asking for something like this for years. Forcing someone to write something, anything, is silly, just giving the option to vote positively or negatively would bolster the nr of reviews, especially for smaller games.
Also, give us an "average" option for when a game isn't so good that it deserves a thumbs up nor is it so bad it deserves a thumbs down.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm part of the resistance! :p

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I still believe that Valve should allow us to thumbs up games without having to write a review. It doesn't have to carry as much weight, but it would be nice.
I've been asking for something like this for years. Forcing someone to write something, anything, is silly, just giving the option to vote positively or negatively would bolster the nr of reviews, especially for smaller games.
Also, give us an "average" option for when a game isn't so good that it deserves a thumbs up nor is it so bad it deserves a thumbs down.
We're seeing more consistent reviews with this system, so there's no way Valve will go back to the old system, even if it's optional. Having a threshold goes a long way as mere likes/dislikes aren't indicative of anything in the grand scheme of things. They want reviews to be informational and they risk losing some of that if you can just push a button to recommend a game. Also, it's not like it's impossible to put up a review with only a few words if you really want to!

Reactions: Aaron D.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Unfortunately guy who is doing Saints Row 2 patch didn't manage to beat cancer and it is in terminal phase so he is stepping down as Community Manager and it will work on patch for as long as he can.

Nooooo, Not IdolNinja! He's been amazing and his work on the Saints' Row series and at volition will never be forgotten. Dammit.

Fuck Cancer!

IdolNinja helped get Saints' Row working "better" on PC and his "Gentlemen of the Row" release was an AMAZING mod for Saints' Row 2 that really helped pave the way for the Saints' Row PC community! Dammit again!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I did start playing Gato Roboto and was enjoying it, but I found the boss battles to be a pretty huge difficulty spike and gave up.
Yeah, some of the boss battles were surprisingly challenging. I still found them not too difficult to learn, but I've played a ton of Metroidvanias and precision platformers over the years. I've seen that there are a few other complaints about them in the Steam reviews.

In general, larger Metroidvanias give you more options to use the "Vania" part of the game to make boss battles easier beyond the pure action gameplay, but Gato Roboto doesn't have a lot of that due to its somewhat limited scope.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

:blobeyes:

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Having to wait one hour to make a follow up post to my OT.
I'm used to it :coffee-blob:

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.