Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find aiming with the Dualsense controller to be hard. I don't have issues with an Xbox One controller or a DS4 but the Dualsense just feels weird. I don't like it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Just a quick question before I drop most of my remaining steam wallet on it: Doom Eternal Deluxe - comes with the one year pass which is Anciet Gods 1 and 2 right? Steam's listing isn't explicit enough for my liking.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Just a quick question before I drop most of my remaining steam wallet on it: Doom Eternal Deluxe - comes with the one year pass which is Anciet Gods 1 and 2 right? Steam's listing isn't explicit enough for my liking.
Yes. The steam deluxe edition is the same as the Bethesda store deluxe edition.

Raze Hell with the DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition which includes:

• Year One Pass
    • Access to two campaign add-ons to release within first year of DOOM Eternal’s launch date. Featuring new perspectives and new ways to play, these standalone stories explore the cataclysmic events that led to earth’s fall against the demons.
  • Demonic Slayer Skin
  • Classic Weapon Sound Pack
    • Throwback sound effects for all your DOOM Eternal guns
Source: DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is the Humble Bundle Vegas Pro bundle worth it? I remember some one on here mentioning some other video software that was on sale on Steam before.

And also it sucks but I missed the Lego Humble Bundle... Welp

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
CDkeys is pretty likely to have the pre order bonus right? Thinking of picking up Biomutant from them.

Unless someone has a better price with the bonus but doesn't look like it from gg.deal.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
CDkeys is pretty likely to have the pre order bonus right? Thinking of picking up Biomutant from them.

Unless someone has a better price with the bonus but doesn't look like it from gg.deal.
good question, it doesnt specifically say on the CDKeys site, so I would buy with the assumption it comes without the preoder bonus. If it does anyway: great, added bonus. If it doesnt: well, you got what you expected.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That is very odd. Are you sure it's not just an issue with CEMU? As far as I know, most gaming/high-end laptops don't require you to install their manufacturer's GPU drivers. They're always out of date and some manufacturers will even explicitly tell you to download the Nvidia drivers. You are free to (and should) use them. I've owned two gaming laptops, and never once had to ever rely on OEM drivers, aside from the BIOS.

To be honest, I don't think there are any "true" OEM Nvidia drivers. They all rely on Nvidia anyway. They're probably just providing a link to the most stable version of the driver that works with their machine, even if it's outdated by months/years.
I don't know enough to say. I recognize that there has to be some sort of difference, and I can imagine that some exist in hardware and I'm not sure to what extent nvidia handles them. In Cemu's case though, there is a clear driver problem and I am not sure what it is. The recommendation for my problem is to install the manufacturer's drivers and it does fix it, but it also makes very little sense to me.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Swenhir Does the laptop have two gfx chipsets? Like Intel and NVidia? Can you run CEMU and force it to use the nvidia card? I used to have a laptop where i had to right click the game and there was an option to use the faster gfx chipset but that was years ago.

Reactions: Swenhir

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I've been asking for something like this for years. Forcing someone to write something, anything, is silly, just giving the option to vote positively or negatively would bolster the nr of reviews, especially for smaller games.
Also, give us an "average" option for when a game isn't so good that it deserves a thumbs up nor is it so bad it deserves a thumbs down.
The want ppl to do more than the bare minimum.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
B-b-but...sunsetting...
I've not played the game since they've done that, but I hear it's alright? They added that new old Cosmodrome stuff. If you haven't played D2 at all yet, I don't know how obvious it is that the package is different than what it was initially like. I quit around Shadowkeep's release I believe, and if anything the amount of stuff in there was a little overwhelming.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The sad part about Destiny 2 is that they vaulted all the old story content, and that's the stuff I would have wanted to play. :shrugblob:

Also the New Light onboarding was awful from the "give me the story" perspective.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The sad part about Destiny 2 is that they vaulted all the old story content, and that's the stuff I would have wanted to play. :shrugblob:

Also the New Light onboarding was awful from the "give me the story" perspective.
I personally don't think you'd be missing much and would've probably been disappointed if that's the only reason you wanted to play it. It's got its charm, but the story in Destiny 2 is somehow both super convoluted with regard to big picture stuff, among others because it constantly throws proper nouns at you that often don't make any diegetic sense, and in addition to that it's somehow still very vanilla in its execution and the general plot beats you follow. I started with the series there, played like 500 hours ( :weary-face: ) and I still can't make heads or tails of most of it -- that's not even considering the extended lore from item descriptions, just the stuff people talk at you about.

The Red War campaign also kind of dropped you in the deep end without going back to establish basic concepts. So if the new structure that now starts you out at the Cosmodrome does anything to change that, it might be a better onramp for game than the original campaign. Not having those distinct missions and such is of course a bummer. Some of them were pretty fun. The main thing that I like about Destiny 2 (and makes it worth playing) is that it feels very good in your hands. That said, I’ll still take Destiny’s absurdity over BL3’s edge-core writing, for example.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Probably DLC fatigue and the last couple of patches for their big games need some extra polish i think people were saying.
Did they have a bumper year last year with lockdown and now people are starting to do other things the expectations and projections from Paradox management are unrealistic? 44% drop compared to 2020 is huge but how much bigger was 2020 compared to 2019?

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Probably DLC fatigue and the last couple of patches for their big games need some extra polish i think people were saying.
Did they have a bumper year last year with lockdown and now people are starting to do other things the expectations and projections from Paradox management are unrealistic? 44% drop compared to 2020 is huge but how much bigger was 2020 compared to 2019?
Well that's the problem of some companies chasing the lie of infinite growth, it's normal that after a pandemic things calm down because it was an exceptional situation.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I've not played the game since they've done that, but I hear it's alright? They added that new old Cosmodrome stuff. If you haven't played D2 at all yet, I don't know how obvious it is that the package is different than what it was initially like. I quit around Shadowkeep's release I believe, and if anything the amount of stuff in there was a little overwhelming.
Apparently sunsetting isn't a thing anymore...or at least, not on the content you get now...guess they stepped back

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Apparently sunsetting isn't a thing anymore...or at least, not on the content you get now...guess they stepped back
Makes sense. Wasn't the logic that they wanted to have a fresh starting point for new players (on top of not ballooning the game's install)? Having to go through four campaigns just to get up to speed was already a bit much back when it relaunched as New Light, and since then they've released two more expansions. So now it's Forsaken, Shadowkeep and Beyond Light, I think? Forsaken is my favorite of the campaigns that I played anyway (which is everything predating Shadowkeep).

Also, kind of want to jump back in now... Shadowkeep is pretty cheap at the moment, but I'll wait for it to dip closer to its historical low. I recall reading that it's pretty light on content.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Swenhir Does the laptop have two gfx chipsets? Like Intel and NVidia? Can you run CEMU and force it to use the nvidia card? I used to have a laptop where i had to right click the game and there was an option to use the faster gfx chipset but that was years ago.
It does, and I tried it but no bueno. It's really as if the GPU doesn't exist to CEMU if I don't use asus's driver. Thank you for the idea, that being said!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
What is going on with PlayWay and affiliates, is it a scam? They have so many games releasing, all some kind of simulator, the vast majority looking CRAP and almost all of them from a different developer. Some do seem to sell though they're heavily flawed and many just seem to be complete trash. Are they taking government grants or how are they doing this? I just saw their announcement for a SWAT leader simulator, but it seems they have a new one every week.

I'm following them cos they also do "VR" versions for much of it and my account is for VR and they keep announcing shit. Ugh, someone do a good SWAT game.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I've never played one but many people find those "##### Flipper" games relaxing and a good way to wind down even if they aren't AAAA releases. Sure, there's a ton of them and sure they're becoming a bit derivative but if people enjoy them and they're not broken as hell, scam games, then who cares?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Castle Flipper is not even by the developer of House Flipper, which they also published. They don't just have flipper games either, go to the publisher page and they have 40 upcoming titles, with likely more in affiliate company pages and more known but without a Steam page up yet (like the SWAT game, it seems that the tweet got deleted, I guess they'll redo that). I already said they have the occasional game that appears to have some merit but the vast majority doesn't. It's not like I'm judging x company's truck simulator or y company's train simulator or z company's farming simulator, I know there are these niches and some stand out titles in each. This particular publisher just seems suspicious is all, so many studios/games from nowhere, all their first titles, all signing up with them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.