Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Max Payne 3 just got the L.A. Noire treatment by Rockstar and dropped regional pricing. As of now, the new price in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Singapore, Poland and a few other countries is higher than the base USD price according to SDB.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Trend-chasing and the corpses it leaves behind has been a thing since videogames came to be. "Everyone wants to be the new Fortnite" is simply the new "Everyone wants to be Mario" or "Everyone wants to be World of Warcraft" and as studios fail at that other studios will fill the gaps.
Yeah, but that still means they will try and direct massive teams on it. The waste of creativity and time frightens me.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Max Payne 3 just got the L.A. Noire treatment by Rockstar and dropped regional pricing. As of now, the new price in Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Singapore, Poland and a few other countries is higher than the base USD price according to SDB.
because of course ... fucking Take2 ... sigh

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
F it’s nice to live on an orbital path that rarely intersects with AAA production and culture. Christ what a shitshow.

On top of that, if anything good came of the whole EGS circus over the past couple years, it’s the steadfast knowledge...the down to the bones kind of knowledge...that there will always be more fresh new games of interest at my fingertips than I will ever possibly have time to enjoy. Always.

Delayed games, exclusive games, studio closures, shifts in focus. None of it means anything to me anymore. There’s always a dozen other equal choices at any given moment just clamoring for my attention.

Feels good man.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
F it’s nice to live on an orbital path that rarely intersects with AAA production and culture. Christ what a shitshow.

On top of that, if anything good came of the whole EGS circus over the past couple years, it’s the steadfast knowledge...the down to the bones kind of knowledge...that there will always be more fresh new games of interest at my fingertips than I will ever possibly have time to enjoy. Always.

Delayed games, exclusive games, studio closures, shifts in focus. None of it means anything to me anymore. There’s always a dozen other equal choices at any given moment just clamoring for my attention.

Feels good man.
yup, exactly ... we're pretty much drowning in AMAZING games at this point ... and there are new great ones coming out pretty much every single day

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Surprised no one posted it yet here but finalflame, a former Valve employee that posts over at ResetEra made a few posts in my thread about Gabe's comments from earlier talking about the state of Steam Machines 2 when they were still at Valve. I took a convenient screenshot of all the posts made by finalflame about it:

Last edited:

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Well, Poland actually got a price cut. It's still higher than Valve's recommended pricing but it's a bit better now.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Surprised no one posted it yet here but finalflame, a former Valve employee that posts over at ResetEra made a few posts in my thread about Gabe's comments from earlier talking about the state of Steam Machines 2 when they were still at Valve. I took a convenient screenshot of all the posts made by finalflame about it:

funny thing is that most of us saw this but probably forgot to share the news haha :blobmorning:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I finished RE Village last night. Very good game! Will likely give it the usual second "fast" run. And maybe hunt some achievements. I missed some treasure in my first run, which annoys me mildly, especially since I looked as best as I could.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
funny thing is that most of us saw this but probably forgot to share the news haha :blobmorning:
I didn't forget, I just assumed it was common knowledge because a) Finalflame has hinted at Valve working on a Personal Console (heh) multiple times and b) Valve's work on Proton is a very strong hint that a Steambox 2.0 is on the horizon.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I didn't forget, I just assumed it was common knowledge because a) Finalflame has hinted at Valve working on a Personal Console (heh) multiple times and b) Valve's work on Proton is a very strong hint that a Steambox 2.0 is on the horizon.
Well, I meant that most of us knew about the hints and finalflame but forgot to post here yesterday's ERA posts haha

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

The International returns this year and will be held in Sweden.

• Eyes
Reactions: Pommes and Mor

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland

Interview with Sega Vice President "Ryu ga Gotoku 7 was the most hit in the series because it was released on a multi-platform without a break." "I want to be aware of the global expansion of the Atlas title."

Interview with Shuji Utsumi from the latest issue of Famitsu
(engaged in the game business at SIE, Sega of America, Disney Interactive, etc.)

"Ryu ga Gotoku 7 is the first Ryu ga Gotoku to fully support multi-platform and was released overseas in no time."
"What was previously developed mainly in Japan and PS is now available on XBOX and Steam. However, it received high praise there. On a global scale, 7 was the most hit title in the series. "
" (Mr. Nagoshi decided to concentrate on development) There are not many people who can make global hit titles. . If not successful on a global scale ask There is also devoted to the big title development it is difficult to make a profit "
may" announcement of Sonic new work is near "
" (whether the Persona series, etc. also aim the worldwide release?) Simultaneous worldwide release on multiple platforms will be a tailwind for titles. Of course, we will adjust to the title, but we also want to be aware of the global expansion of Atlas titles. "

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Good to know that Y7 did well, mechanical change was probably a bit risky at first but clearly it worked out.
You know what else worked out? RELEASING IT ON PC DAY 1, SEGA!

About Atlus, well, I kind of expect most (if not all) of their stuff to come to Steam sooner rather than later, if they don't fuck up things like Sega is doing, they can bank quite a lot from us. :cat-heart-blob:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
This might be related to the Steam console talk. I wonder what their cross platform solutions would encompass.

SDR is part of a tool package, yes, basically a whole set of connections between APIs and Systems, so yeah, it's safe to say and assume that SDR for cross-play is related to the expansionism of Steam not only as a platform but as a service to connect other services.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I find it hilarous that despite the new desktop app EA games still require Origin to work through Steam, guess until the former is out of beta they won't swap

FunnyJay