Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I have spent more time planning out my playthrough and unpacking/packing Coalesced_INT.bin to bind console commands than I have spent playing the game

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Just dropping in to say you're wrong about HZD.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I'm not dropping the game yet, but will probably avoid most of its side content as I haven't seen a single one, after 20 hours of playing it, that's not just Alloy saying meaningless stuff, killing a bunch of robots, and then saying more meaningless stuff.
No attempt to use quests to flesh out who Alloy is, how she views certain things. Is she more lawful good, making sure nothing gets stolen even if the thief uses the money to help the poor? Maybe instead she supports morality over law and is more chaotic good? (to use DnD terms here as a shorthand)
Nope, Alloy is Alloy. The only choice the game gives me, once in a blue moon, is three options that roughly correspond to "empathetic", "logical" and "aggressive" (?) and those options don't actually affect anything either.

Why even have side quests if they are all just shallow MMO fetch quests with some fluff writing attached to them?

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Even better than Bloodborne and you know it. ;)
Well, my opinion is basically based on the fact that I already beat Bloodborne twice so I want something I haven't played yet, but let's be honest, you are all way more hyped about BB than GOW, so hope you get that one after DG :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Shahem

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Darksiders Genesis is fun! The Creature Core leveling system is pretty interesting. I appreciate that every game in the series tries different things.
Yeah, I like Darksiders Genesis quite a bit. It's also pretty varied in its level design (at least be the standards of its genre).

Also, my experience with Horizon ZD basically reconfirmed that I just don't care much for Sony's big production games.

In an unrelated (or is it) note I recently finally started playing Elex and am enjoying it quite a bit, jank and all.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Super glad Gnosia is coming to PC! I had a feeling as soon as I imported the physical Switch JP version it would be localized, which happened sure enough. I did not want to rebuy it on Switch for Eng, but seeing it is coming to Steam is perfect excuse to rebuy.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Yeah, I like Darksiders Genesis quite a bit. It's also pretty varied in its level design (at least be the standards of its genre).

Also, my experience with Horizon ZD basically reconfirmed that I just don't care much for Sony's big production games.

In an unrelated (or is it) note I recently finally started playing Elex and am enjoying it quite a bit, jank and all.
The main issue I have with Sony's first party efforts is that some of their studios seem like they would much rather be making movies rather than games. I remember looking up The Last of Us 2 on How Long to Beat and it had an average completion time of 30 hours for a "main campaign and extras" run. Then I looked up "The Last of Us 2 all cutscenes" on Youtube and they clock in at 10 hours. 10 hours of cutscenes in a 30-hour game. That is just absurd.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
I played through way too much of Nioh 2 without knowing about the confused status (and by that I mean through the entire base game and one and a half of the DLCs). At least now that I know about it if I play through on the next difficulty I should have an easier time of things using it.

Reactions: BlueOdin

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
The main issue I have with Sony's first party efforts is that some of their studios seem like they would much rather be making movies rather than games. I remember looking up The Last of Us 2 on How Long to Beat and it had an average completion time of 30 hours for a "main campaign and extras" run. Then I looked up "The Last of Us 2 all cutscenes" on Youtube and they clock in at 10 hours. 10 hours of cutscenes in a 30-hour game. That is just absurd.
Death Stranding (by Hideo Kojima) has 11 hours of cutscenes, apparently.

One hour of which, if I recall, is the opening credits (credits producer: Hideo Kojima), listing Hideo Kojima in various positions. At least it felt like an hour. I was put to mind of the majestik møøse of Monty Python fame, but it took itself more seriously.

This message is brought to you by Hideo Kojima.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just dropping in to say you're wrong about HZD.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
One can enjoy a game and still criticize it for faults that it has.
Dismissing such criticism is wrong.

I'd agree with Mivey here. Horzion ZD may be pretty and have nice aesthetic and art design, the core gameplay mechanics can be satisfying but in the end it is a run of the mill generic open world AAA fair that chooses not to stray from the formula for the sake of being safe.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Kinda ridiculous that this bug has been there unfixed for 4 years. You should post about it on steam forums to let the developers know ;)
They used to have a bug tracker, but the current patch is marked as the final one.

The team (of volunteers) has since moved on to a new project. A commercial one, this time, it seems.

Like for the Elder Scrolls games on which Nehrim and Endeal are based, a certain amount of bugs is always to be expected, no matter the patch level; but with the console and editor, there is almost always a way to fix things, fortunately.

Reactions: Stevey

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Maybe I should have hopped in that Humble when the BTA was 6ish... I still have hope for SW Quest hitting a cheaper bundle or GP so I can run through it once.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
One can enjoy a game and still criticize it for faults that it has.
Dismissing such criticism is wrong.
True, but I'd argue that you are also free to disagree with criticism and even argue about it. That's like saying that anyone with anything negative to say should automatically be right unless proven otherwise :p.

Hell, I agree with you but that sentence of yours made me tick.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
A few weeks ago I was a weeb. Now I’m painting miniatures by day and reading D&D by night. I’m a nerd now !
Is this my true final form ? :neutral-face:

Will I take a particular interest in Japanese pen & paper RPG and do a Voltron ? Become a Werb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.