Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018

$1 Thea: The Awakening
BTA: Cultist Simulator and Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
$12 NEOVERSE, Thea 2: The Shattering, Fantasy General II, Imperator: Rome
I know it looks Waifu-y and all but I like NEOVERSE a lot. They came a long way since their start in early access and overall I like how it handles / offers decisions a lot more than the more rogue-leaning ones like Slay the Spire. There are a few different modes and there are gear you can equip before starting that can change things up or make it easier if you don't care about score.

Reactions: Nabs and prudis

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
  • This!
Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Paul Valdien There's a Cheat Engine table for Mass Effect 1 FOV change in the Steam Guides for ME: LE here...

Gibbed Save Tools will probably still work to help get info out of your old saves.
CoalescEd will probably get an update for this release too.

Here's a dump of old links i used many, many moons ago for Tools, Save Editors to make sure choices i made were imported correctly, Face Codes and Save Games which i didn't use but may come in handy for those who don't want to play ME1 for some mad reason.

Faces of Gaming - Face Presets and Codes for a ton of games.
Mass Effect 2 Faces - Predecessor to the Faces of Gaming site.
Mass Effect Saves - Save Files for Mass Effect 1 - Currently OG ME1 only but that may change.
Mass Effect Saves - Tools Page - Some may still exist
Mass Effect 2 Saves - Save Files For Mass Effect 2 - Currently OG ME2 only but that may change.
ME2 Saves are compatible with ME2LE apparently.
PC Gaming wiki - Mass Effect
PC Gaming Wiki - Mass Effect 2
PC Gaming Wiki - Mass Effect 3
PC Gaming Wiki - Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Nexus Mods - Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Last edited:

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
ME:LE is still UE3, so getting console or at least console commands to work should be possible, and that's how I fixed the FOV in the original games.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
So when I read there aren't graphics settings in the ME remaster, what are we talking about? Because the OG was pretty minimal as well.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yes! The Trilogy Save Editor from NexusMods was able to load my old ME3 save file and i have exported the headmorph and Face Code but i'm probably going to create a new FemShep anyway. New Journey and all that.

Also seeing the save flagged with ME1 & ME2 import made me all nostalgic. I remember spending ages using Tools and Editors to make sure my choices were carried through ME1 to ME2 to ME3.

Reactions: Mivey

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I'm too tired from work, guess I'll jump into ME tomorrow, guess I'll be doing completionist playthroughs like I did the last time I played the trilogy (gonna be interesting to clear all the stuff in the first game again)

A bit of info, apparently you can import your old ME2 and ME3 save files into the respective upgraded versions by pasting them in the save folder, you cannot do that with ME as that's the one that's been reworked the most.
Things seems to have been moved around a bit and nobody found out how to enable the console commands yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: beep boop

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yea, Mass Effect downloaded and unlocked for me. I finished work, ran it up, started the character creator for ME1 and then had to stop and sleep for a few hours because my Sinus headache hit. Woke up a while ago and have been poking around getting my head together to start it tomorrow now. Slumbering with the ME music looping in the background was nice though.

ZKenir The Mass Effect Saves site said that the OG Mass Effect 1 save files used a different format to ME 2 & ME3 which is why they won't import now. The Legendary Mass Effect uses the same PCSave format as ME 2 & ME3 now.

The ME: LE Save Editor Tool on NExus Mods definitely works for old ME3 as i've used it to export my ME3 Face Code... which is obviously totally different to the new system so my old Shep looks different. I'll probably keep the look but tweak it a little so she's a little bit less shiny.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Got Mass Effect as well...on Xbox.

I only played the first one and I barely remember anything about it so it should be interesting to give it another go.

• Sad

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh and when i checked my old save i've subconciously gone back to my old fave of FemShep, Spacer, Survivor, Adept.
I think i played FemShep Soldier once for a few hours while i was getting my head around the game the first time and then went Adept.
I did like the Andromeda Profile thing where you could set different Skill & Power load-outs onto different profiles and choose between them even though i kept forgetting to do that.

We need a Mass Effect Thread so we don't clutter the steam thread up and it'll be easier to find stuff, i'd create one but it'd be shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! I still might if no-one jumps in sometime tomorrow.

[UWSL]PSA - DON'T FORGET! [/UWSL]You can download the Soundtracks, 2 Art Books and Digital Comics from here for a limited time!
EA - Mass Effect Legendary Edition Bonus Content

Last edited:
Reactions: Mivey

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

This is new? PlayStation studios section on Steam.
Wild times.
Yeah it's new taril360dz just made a post about it.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
I've noticed now that all third party stores sell only Origin keys of ME:LE
The only third party store I stumbled on selling Steam keys for ME:LE is Amazon. I can't confirm if it's actually a Steam key since I haven't pulled the trigger since I'm waiting for a sale because of my already huge backlog.
Amazon product

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Grabbed these from the current itch.io sale

Last edited:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
This sucks:

Because being bombarded with roadside signage while taking a leisurely Sunday drive isn’t enough, Ford has patented a new system that uses a vehicle’s cameras to detect billboards and then pull them up on a car’s infotainment display as inescapable in-vehicle advertisements.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

Wild times.
Wonder what hidden things are? 24 are public but:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Wild times.
Everyone's a gangsta until Bloodborne shows up there.

Reactions: PC-tan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
My i7 2600k had a great run. 10 years running like an absolute champ.
Will have to use some of my tax return money to replace it with a Ryzen 5.
It's gonna be a while until I can afford to buy any games that aren't $5 or something like that.
So much for getting Nier and Mass Effect.

Gonna carry on with my Yakuza franchise playthrough. Next up is Yakuza 4.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Playing more Horizon ZD today, and I think my biggest pet peeve with this game is just the lazines in its quest design. You can tell they copied much about it from the Witcher 3, but instead of offering the player natural options, choosing between two opposing factions, it just "auto resolves" itself and Alloy gets to have her cake and eat it too. No consequences, no difficult "choices" the player might worry their pretty little head about. Papa Guerrilla Games knows what's best for you, player, and you just get to sit and watch as it all plays out.

Incredibly boring. The games progression system also barely feels like an RPG, as nothing you choose really chances how Alloy approaches combat. I really don't mind this game's formulaic nature as much as I mind how shallow and simple its imitation really is. Calling this a Witcher clone gives the Witcher games a bad name.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Darksiders Genesis is fun! The Creature Core leveling system is pretty interesting. I appreciate that every game in the series tries different things.

Also, Subnautica Below Zero 1.0 was released yesterday

Looks like I know what I'll be playing next.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I sorta hope Starfield doesn't release this year. I wanna build a new PC before playing the game and my currently plan is to build a new PC with the RTX 4080 and I don't expect that to be announced until summer 22 at the earliest. My previous plan was to build a PC with the 3080, but the shortages made me replan the new PC with the 4080.

But who knows, maybe my GTX 1080 will still be able to tackle the game at 60 fps at 1080p.

My current build still has juice left in it and I also don't wanna build a new PC before I have to compromise the graphics too much for my liking to gain 60fps+.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I sorta hope Starfield doesn't release this year. I wanna build a new PC before playing the game and my currently plan is to build a new PC with the RTX 4080 and I don't expect that to be announced until summer 22 at the earliest. My previous plan was to build a PC with the 3080, but the shortages made me replan the new PC with the 4080.

But who knows, maybe my GTX 1080 will still be able to tackle the game at 60 fps at 1080p.

My current build still has juice left in it and I also don't wanna build a new PC before I have to compromise the graphics too much for my liking to gain 60fps+.
Well if it releases this year before you can build a new PC, it will be cheaper and less buggy by the time you end up buying it!

Reactions: xinek

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This sucks:

That's a great way not to sell your car.

Seriously, advertisement and marketing companies can really go to hell. They singlehandedly led and drove the invasion of privacy and mass harvesting of user data in computing since the 2000's.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

If it releases this year then I imagine it will be cross gen (even next year actually), so I would think your 1080 would be good enough.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I bounced off of HZD pretty quick, played maybe 4-5hours. Just wasn't doing it for me.

Went back to start a 2nd playthrough of RDR2 and im loving it. Such a good game. So chill just riding my horse round the world looking for squirrels to shoot.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda
Status
Not open for further replies.