Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
these popped up in my search results lol, headphones encrusted with jewels

It is available on order at the price of €100,000 for the headphones alone, or for €110,000 with its dedicated stand.
what a bargain!

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Over 400 reviews on Steam for Days Gone and 91% positive. Could we have another Mad Max situation (mediocre reviews, good user reception)?
Sure.

1/5 of HZD's ccu peak.

given that
-It released earlier (time set release).
-Tuesday instead of Friday like HZD.

We will see how it evolves.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Over 400 reviews on Steam for Days Gone and 91% positive. Could we have another Mad Max situation (mediocre reviews, good user reception)?
Days Gone was mostly panned for being incredibly derivative, not because it was bad.

With an extra 2 years I'd imagine people would be way more forgiving of a game thats "Open World - The game" since those have grown relatively scarce. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and etc

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Additionally, the PC market, which used to be dominated by Steam, has become a market environment that allows us to expand our business to other platforms, including Epic Games.
:disapproval-blob:
By simultaneously launching the game on multiple platforms and in multiple languages, the company will be able to concentrate its marketing costs, which were previously spread out over a period of time, and thus reduce them.
My thoughts on the matter, which apparently require PersonaCentral moderator's approval before becoming visible(likely due to a certain word used):
Readher said:
Stop sucking Sony/Nintendo/Google cock and release worldwide on all platforms then. You can't claim that simultaneous releases are the key to maximizing profits and then proceed to take exclusivity deals left and right that delay or outright prevent releasing on multiple platforms. Maybe (/s) P5R profits would be higher if it released on more than ONE platform. Same with SMTV. Porting will always be cheaper and faster than developing a new game, and with how long Atlus takes to develop anything, maximizing profits by releasing on as many platforms as possible should be a no-brainer.

But don't worry, this is Sega we're talking about here. They'll say all this stuff, but Persona 6 will still be PS (at the very least timed) exclusive, future SMT games will go to Nintendo and PC releases will get snatched by Amazon Luna, Google Stadia, EGS and whoever else gives them a sack of money. And then when a game finally hits Steam God knows how many years after the original launch and has subpar sales, they'll wonder why it's the case and will have to feed some bullshit to investors once again. I suggest companies skip releasing games to customers altogether. Just make a bidding war for every title and have the platform holder release it for free then. No one cares about players anyway, it's all about the platform holders.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

My thoughts on the matter, which apparently require PersonaCentral moderator's approval before becoming visible(likely due to a certain word used):
Sega: Simultaneous multiplatform releases are the future!
Also Sega: Lost Judgement isn't coming to PC day one.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Heh, by chance I applied to my old photography school for the masters program, even-though I don't quality for all the prerequisites, got an email today that I am invited to the interview!

Since the masters program is done at distance then I can stay here and still do it.:D
As someone who really loves photography, what does a masters program actually teach you?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
As someone who really loves photography, what does a masters program actually teach you?
It doesn't really teach much in terms of photography in itself, but more about all the things surrounding it. It will be mostly about doing a masters work and about international networking and how to get into the art world.

OnionPowder

May 16, 2021
I'd be willing to play Days Gone at a sales price.

Seems like a game I pick up in a Steam sale 3 years down the line and end up enjoying a lot because it was cheap.

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It doesn't really teach much in terms of photography in itself, but more about all the things surrounding it. It will be mostly about doing a masters work and about international networking and how to get into the art world.
I'll admit, that's both interesting and quite intimidating.

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

OnionPowder

May 16, 2021
I bought Maneater in January on crazy sale physically for PS4 in hopes I could play it on PS5 and now I'm gonna play it on the PC through GamePass.

This new hardware cycle sucks

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
OK weird, dunno if it was caused by the new steam update but no when I connect my DS4, my lappy's mouse keeps moving on its own. If I disconnect my DS4, the problem is gone. I generally play with my ds4 wired via usb cable, but I'll update some of the apps i got to try and fix this and see if that'll work.

Reactions: Swenhir

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Here are a bunch of mods for Snowrunner, works with Steam and EGS, not game pass. Highly recommend trying them out.

Those, along with Snow Runner and Solasta for me.
You should wait until Solasta leaves early access, but I guess it will leave game pass before it's finished.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hopefully Steam release for Maneater is fairly soon then.
It looks that way as they have changed all the visual assets in this few days.

Is EGS exclusivity now blocking Game Pass? All these games launching on Game Pass as soon as their exclusivity ends.
In most cases, yes, only one I can remember being EGS and being on Gamepass is WWZ and that one is a weird case, so...

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Free gamepass is the gift that keeps on giving.
It looks that way as they have changed all the visual assets in this few days.

In most cases, yes, only one I can remember being EGS and being on Gamepass is WWZ and that one is a weird case, so...
The Outer Worlds was also on Gamepass alongside it's EGS exclusivity.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

They also want to sell 2 - 3 million per entry, which is, uh, some Square Enix tier delusion.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
SMT 3 Nocturne RPGSite review

That being said, it is nearly identical to the original PS2 game’s visuals and technical performance, sometimes to a fault. All versions of Nocturne HD Remaster are capped at 30fps - even the PC version. Although it no longer has the frame dips from the original release, the image quality still takes a nosedive with how heavy the motion blurring is implemented. Some rooms, like the stairs in front of the Mantra Headquarters in Ikebukuro, look awful to navigate through. The image quality is dirty, grungy, grimy, and not pleasant to look at in specific instances unfortunately. I remember this effect playing more nicely on a smaller CRT monitor back in the day; it is not a visual effect that displays well today.

Nocturne's game footage in its title loop opening movies and in-game cinematic scenes have not been updated at all in this remaster, so they look pretty awful unfortunately.
Another significant bummer that carries on from the original release of Nocturne is that all the battle music remains heavily compressed; they still sound distant in the heat of battle. This seems to be an unsolvable problem that the developers were unable to address and improve upon in Nocturne HD Remaster.

A prevalent issue that pervades Nocturne HD Remaster is an easily reproducible flickering bug as well. Every time I move the camera immediately after interacting with a chest or a NPC, a quick split-second flicker to a black screen occurs. I’ve spoken with colleagues working at other outlets and it seems to be a universal issue, if not a large majority at the very least. It is deeply annoying because it happens so frequently, especially in more populated areas of the game.
[UWSL]:confounded-face:[/UWSL]

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

Sega Japan hasn't taken any EGS deals though, right? There was that one Total War game, but I think that's it for exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.