Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018

GMC dropped today.

It's a numbers-go-up deal, but it looks pretty sweet.

Love the artwork. Game has a really fun tone overall.
Seen that you picked it up just as I 😃 you have great taste in gaming so I know I won’t be disappointed.. plus ya the game looks ace!

Reactions: Aaron D.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
In terms of headsets, I got this as my last big Christmas gift.

It's a bit freakish and weird, but everything sounds amazing out of it and the mic is actually really good. It's also over 400 dollars and the battery it relies on means it has a shelf life so maybe stick with normal headsets?
It's also something I can use to listen to music on my phone through Bluetooth which adds a lotta value for me.
(also frick I meant to post this hours ago)

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

This is something Ubisoft should have done from the beginning.
This fucking plague of a company. Nothing makes sense. The most expensive sub gets older games, but the middle sub has only standards editions.
It’s like a coke riddled exec just threw random shit at a proposal and called it a day.

I’m really fed up with this shit stain. Fortunately we are drowning in games and some companies are still sane.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This fucking plague of a company. Nothing makes sense. The most expensive sub gets older games, but the middle sub has only standards editions.
It’s like a coke riddled exec just threw random shit at a proposal and called it a day.

I’m really fed up with this shit stain. Fortunately we are drowning in games and some companies are still sane.
And they get pretty obscene government aids that they clearly desperately need.

I've never really liked Ubi but I could respect them. They got games like grow home and child of light done so there had to be something going right in that company. But since hearing of the abuse allegations, I am increasingly appalled by them. This bullying, Chad culture is some of the worst and most conducive atmosphere to burnout and talent drain from what I have seen.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Seen that you picked it up just as I 😃 you have great taste in gaming so I know I won’t be disappointed.. plus ya the game looks ace!
Only just digging in* but the amount of unlocks across the board is utterly gobsmacking.

There's a LOT to dive into* here.

* (lol)

Reactions: Prodigy

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Nobody tried Before we leave ? Just curious.
And a good example of the deluge of interesting game. If it wasn’t still barely in the new release tab I would have utterly forgotten the title :sweaty-blob:

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Playing Days Gone and really enjoying it but the stuttering during cutscenes is driving me crazy. Dunno why it’s happening, checked Steam forums quick to see if others are having the same issue but didn’t come across anything 🙁

And a button prompt for Dual Shock popped up earlier when tracking lol not sure why

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Playing Days Gone and really enjoying it but the stuttering during cutscenes is driving me crazy. Dunno why it’s happening, checked Steam forums quick to see if others are having the same issue but didn’t come across anything 🙁

And a button prompt for Dual Shock popped up earlier when tracking lol not sure why
It's them annoying camera cuts, which come across as "stutters." There is zero transition between them. Outside of cutscenes though, there are actual stutters, which DF noted happens even at 30 FPS.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Dumb question but what do you all think that Fromsoft thinks about it's PC community that has grown a lot over the years (and the modding scene)?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Dumb question but what do you all think that Fromsoft thinks about it's PC community that has grown a lot over the years (and the modding scene)?
They would think that they can just release a broken game at $100 a pop and people will mindlessly buy it, just because it's From Software.

The same can be said about Atlus or SEGA, really.

Reactions: Swenhir

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah investing in anything, one should only invest what one is willing to loose, meaning you have to already be making quite a bit of money and only invest like a few percent of what you make each month.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
to be fair, that is beneficial in surveys, so you can analyze different options and how'd they would do.
in this perspective those seems well planned options and will give good idea what users want and are willing to pay for.

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
They would think that they can just release a broken game at $100 a pop and people will mindlessly buy it, just because it's From Software.

The same can be said about Atlus or SEGA, really.
To be fair, From Soft's only bad release was their first, the original DS, after that their ports have been getting consistently better each time.
Atlas and sega on the other hand....

Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ew my dad tried to get into crypto

:wd_herewego:
Well, I can only share my experience with you about this.

When I sold my mined DOGE (this happened 7 years ago, yup) in Jan/Feb, my father saw something he never thought it was real and became quite interested in this topic and as I knew the risks and the "benefits" I explained him everything, how it worked, the consequences at a environmental level and the monetary risks that he could face.

He tracked the prices for some time but at the end of the day he just said that wasn't for him, I want to believe that my explanation contributed to that decision, so the only thing I can tell you is that you should explain everything to him and that it isn't as simple as it sounds nor as beautiful as it might be in our minds, it's risky as hell and it's quite challenging.

New tech is always shiny until you check it closer :cat-heart-blob:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looks like Days Gone maxed out at 18,234 concurrent players on day 1. Seems like a pretty okay, not amazing but it probably sold decently well to hit a number that high.
Well, Days Gone has released on Tuesday instead of Friday (as it should have done, to be honest) so yeah, it's a good number, we will see if the peak goes higher this weekend.

Reactions: TheTrain

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Well I know plans can change, but Queenie stated Bloodborne will be next and I have mentally prepared me for that. :(
one thing i am really curious about is how bloodborne looks like on steam, like how the game page looks in the library
in theory based from p4g's early screenshots, bloodborne should already have a steamappid (which you can then use steamdb to look at when and how it was uploaded/updated on steam) and also a full achievement list

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Oh really, my mistake then, thought she wrote that Bb is next.
Last I checked Queen's old posts, it seemed to me that Bloodborne was part of a first batch of games. Something like this:

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content
So if the 2020 plans are still valid, the next game would be one of the 3 from the first batch.

However, this is troubling. Why two pairs of eyes?

Not sure if it is about spiders...

or tsushis...

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Maybe it is because of this part that I remember the 4 games. Blood Moon does not necessarily hint at Bloodborne, it means 4 prophecies (on Wiki).

I would have assumed that to be a reference to the Eyes of Bloodborne lore.
You may be right. I don't know anything about BB, so maybe I am misreading hints.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Blood Moon does not necessarily hint at Bloodborne, it means 4 prophecies (on Wiki).
Which wiki? Do you mean the biblical reference?

You may be right. I don't know anything about BB, so maybe I misreading hints.
"Grant us Eyes", "Eyes on the inside", "Insight" etc are central themes of Bloodborne lore, with eyes being both metaphorical and... grossly literal. Bloodborne also involves the Moon quite prominently, and Blood... well... it's a meme at this point that nobody in this universe will shut up about the blood.

So Blood + Moon + Eyes ---> Bloodborne.

my post wasnt a hint at anything about next games :D
If so, "hum+two emojis" is a little short to express any idea. You might consider investing in those "word" things, and perhaps even "sentences", and spare people the trouble of having to interpret.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahem

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com

Thanks for the links.

Indeed the order was not specified. Must have confused Queen with Twitter user "Crazy Leaks on a Train" (most likely a forum lurker with no first hand info), who did specify the order.

Reactions: lashman

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Which wiki? Do you mean the biblical reference?

"Grant us Eyes", "Eyes on the inside", "Insight" etc are central themes of Bloodborne lore, with eyes being both metaphorical and... grossly literal. Bloodborne also involves the Moon quite prominently, and Blood... well... it's a meme at this point that nobody in this universe will shut up about the blood.

So Blood + Moon + Eyes ---> Bloodborne.

If so, "hum+two emojis" is a little short to express any ideas. You might consider investing in those "word" things, and perhaps even "sentences", and spare people the trouble of having to interpret.
I think the eyes were a hint that she changed her name? At least that is how I took it.
yup i originally was going to do just two eyes as if looking at name, but noooooo forums need a word in ur post or it wont let u post it atleasdt thats the error i was getting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.