Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Is there a way to get to the page with all games in EA Play without using search? I feel like there should be a tab somewhere for subscription services, but I can't find one.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
everyone talking bout elden ring n I'm like well can't wait for that Bloodborne n other Sony projects announcements on pc coming soon
How soon are we talking about with Bloodborne? Is it the game after Days Gone? I honestly expect Dreams will be after Days Gone. I don't know why.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
How soon are we talking about with Bloodborne? Is it the game after Days Gone? I honestly expect Dreams will be after Days Gone. I don't know why.
Dreams seems like the type of game that could be very popular on PC and the PS4 version would likely really benefit from PC players making content.

Reactions: PC-tan and LEANIJA

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If Days Gone sells really well I can see Sony putting all their poorly reviewed games on PC first.

So expect

Medievil, Knack, Knack 2, The Order and Gran Turismo sport.

Then watch Bloodborne and GoW to be the last ones lol.

z1ggy

No Anime
Apr 17, 2019
I can take Bloodborne for PC to play for a while untill 2022 when apparently Elden ring is coming out. Also, i can take Demons Souls as well.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Regarding The Sinking City issue I was told this:

The first court has ruled that Nacon has the right to continue selling the game, but that there remains an open issue as to whether Nacon owes Frogwares money under the contract or has breached the contract in any other way. That issue has to be settle in the second case.
----

Disappointed about Vampire the Masquerade 2?
Need a game to scratch that Vampire RPG itch?
I gotchu fams (except lashman)
Fun fact if I'm not wrong, "Wadjet Eye Games" got the highest reviewer overlap for "The Blackwell" franchise games according to Lars Doucet and his GameDataCrunch website.

Reason: Added The Blackwell indo
Reactions: Panda Pedinte
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm perhaps the wrong person to judge this because clearly this will appeal to a lot of people, but am I the only one disappointed to see a lot of animations, poses and player character assets that feel just lifted from the Souls series? To some this will be a strength but I was hoping for a new visual identity.

Sekiro was refreshing in that respect, I'm just tired of that inverse V-armed character pose :p.

Reactions: Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
In the spirit of obscure indie gaming, y'all should play LiEat and 1bitHeart.

The 1bitHeart OST is just a banger
Time for my regular Miwashiba push. Alicemare, Lie Eat and 1bit Heart are on super sale again on Steam. Buy 'em!
They are very atmospheric and will stay with you for a few days after you finish them. Absolutely worth £2 each and a necessity when it's only £2.31 for the bundle!

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
everyone talking bout elden ring n I'm like well can't wait for that Bloodborne n other Sony projects announcements on pc coming soon
I'm fucking pumped. Could barely sleep last week because of Days Gone PC.

So, those are the games coming "soon" :
bloodborne
ghost of tsushima
god of war
spiderman
uncharted collection

Sadly no The Last of Us PC......

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Some of the clips just look eh, like they're straight out of DS3, but others hint at very different world design what with the horses and everything. We'll see.

• This!
Reactions: Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Some of the clips just look eh, like they're straight out of DS3, but others hint at very different world design what with the horses and everything. We'll see.
Nicely summarized. Lots of things feel flat-out recycled while a lot of other things such as environments and monsters are just beautiful.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Nicely summarized. Lots of things feel flat-out recycled while a lot of other things such as environments and monsters are just beautiful.
I guess it's a reason FromSoft/Bandai never officially released the video. It most likely, from what Ive read on Twitter, doesn't represent what the game looks today.

• This!
Reactions: Swenhir

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I mean I was hoping for more different game design, not that the assets are ripped from it. But with parts like the wizard and horses it may still be so. Yet they still refer to a fog like they're going back to the same themes. We'll see. Maybe it's more open/more RPG-like but keeping the tight area/boss/combat design.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm fucking pumped. Could barely sleep last week because of Days Gone PC.

So, those are the games coming "soon" :
bloodborne
ghost of tsushima
god of war
spiderman
uncharted collection

Sadly no The Last of Us PC......
Im sure it's coming, Sony just have their plate full atm.

For all we know, TLOU, Gravity Rush, TLG etc. are all coming, it's just not the focus right now.

Reactions: Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Im sure it's coming, Sony just have their plate full atm.
I really hope TLOU Remastered comes to PC this year. If the goal here is to expose those IPs to more people then it makes tons of sense.

I don't have much hope for the second one anytime soon since it released in 2020.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
If Days Gone sells really well I can see Sony putting all their poorly reviewed games on PC first.

So expect

Medievil, Knack, Knack 2, The Order and Gran Turismo sport.

Then watch Bloodborne and GoW to be the last ones lol.
after days gone it's

Bloodborne
Uncharted
god of war
sushi
Spiderman

unsure on order of release but thats basically the collection of games coming soon that Jim said is a slate of games coming

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I mean I was hoping for more different game design, not that the assets are ripped from it. But with parts like the wizard and horses it may still be so. Yet they still refer to a fog like they're going back to the same themes. We'll see. Maybe it's more open/more RPG-like but keeping the tight area/boss/combat design.
Based on the 30 seconds of 240p footage we've seen so far, what would you change?

As far as I've gathered it has always been a Souls-like in a vast open-world with a different aesthetic in a new universe.

Not sure there's any indication we should expect anything else?

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
after days gone it's

Bloodborne
Uncharted
god of war
sushi
Spiderman

unsure on order of release but thats basically the collection of games coming soon that Jim said is a slate of games coming
I'm surprised Ghost of Tsushima made that list. It's a very recent release (2020).

That's a damn fine slate of SIE titles hitting PC. Cherry on top would have been The Last of Us but hey.

No Uncharted 4 on PC either I guess, but the Nathan Drake is brillant. Fond memories of playing Drake's Fortune.
Not going to lie I'm probably going to shed a few tears if I see Uncharted 1/2/3 on Steam.....

In regards to Spider-Man, have you heard if it was the remastered ray traced sku or the base 2018 game ? It would be real shitty to port an inferior version to PC.

Reactions: xinek

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
This is such a weird case and video. Lots of what has been said in the video has been repeated like 3 times to stretch it over the time limit.
I don't know the legal side of things, but Nacon seems to have won the court case for the game, would they not be allowed to take the game and distribute it on Steam, yes they removed the Gamesplanet logo but I'm sure that's because Frogwares is being difficult about handing over the updated game. No matter what though, they shouldn't do a public video naming certain people especially with how the public can over react, especially if they are only hearing one side of the story.

I guess it's a reason FromSoft/Bandai never officially released the video. It most likely, from what Ive read on Twitter, doesn't represent what the game looks today.
Yeah seems like it is over a year old.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Based on the 30 seconds of 240p footage we've seen so far, what would you change?

As far as I've gathered it has always been a Souls-like in a vast open-world with a different aesthetic in a new universe.
Nothing, not enough to tell much about it. Didn't know it's been meant to be a vast open world,. that's one potentially positive (or not) change to just more Souls.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Agreed. On that note, I winced at Shreier's validation of the leaks. I'm not sure that this was the most positive and mature thing for him to do.

Reactions: rybrad

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Ghost of Tsushima is awesome and would have probably been my 2020 GOTY if I had actually played it in 2020. I hope it sells very well on PC.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
This Frogware vs Nacom situation is a whole mess. I'm not well versed in laws and those things but I don't think publicly saying Nacom hacked and stolen your game will help them in the court, and from what I've read it seems that Nacom has the right to publish the game on Steam and Nacom on other platforms.

Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
This is such a weird case and video. Lots of what has been said in the video has been repeated like 3 times to stretch it over the time limit.
I don't know the legal side of things, but Nacon seems to have won the court case for the game, would they not be allowed to take the game and distribute it on Steam, yes they removed the Gamesplanet logo but I'm sure that's because Frogwares is being difficult about handing over the updated game. No matter what though, they shouldn't do a public video naming certain people especially with how the public can over react, especially if they are only hearing one side of the story.
My (limited) understanding is that the main legal question, whether Nacon owes Frogwares any money hasn't yet been answered by the courts. Frogwares pulling the game from Steam and refusing to release it was an attempt to put pressure on Nacon, and the courts ruled that Frogwares isn't allowed that, since it constitutes a breach.
This will likely be a pretty lengthy legal battle, and I hope Frogwares can win and get their money.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I'm surprised Ghost of Tsushima made that list. It's a very recent release (2020).
Queen can correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine GoT was made in a time when there was already talk of PC versions in consideration and that they must keep that in mind when developing. Bloodborne was of course before this revelation and is now having a harder time being ported, which is why it hasn't met certain requirements in testing.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Queen can correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine GoT was made in a time when there was already talk of PC versions in consideration and that they must keep that in mind when developing. Bloodborne was of course before this revelation and is now having a harder time being ported, which is why it hasn't met certain requirements in testing.
Good point. It will cause quite a stirr once it's announced for PC I imagine for that reason.
Yeah I can totally see Bloodborne being trickier to get running well on PC but it's going to be worth it. Top sellers for weeks easy.

I just hope a whole bunch of games will be announced at once instead of one every two month or something. If Queen's list is supposed to come out this year they can't really do that anyway.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
My (limited) understanding is that the main legal question, whether Nacon owes Frogwares any money hasn't yet been answered by the courts. Frogwares pulling the game from Steam and refusing to release it was an attempt to put pressure on Nacon, and the courts ruled that Frogwares isn't allowed that, since it constitutes a breach.
This will likely be a pretty lengthy legal battle, and I hope Frogwares can win and get their money.
Yeah it is a very interesting case, btw I see Nacon posted this on Steam.

"For the release of The Sinking City on Steam, published by Nacon, Frogwares posted on Twitter urging players not to buy it. We regret that Frogwares persists in disrupting the release of the Sinking City. It was Frogwares who came to Nacon to request financing for the development of the game, and to date, more than 10 million euros have been paid to Frogwares by Nacon. It was Frogwares that relied on our marketing and promotion teams, representing thousands of hours of work and several million euros worth of investment. Now that the game has been fully developed, and published, largely thanks to Nacon's money and work, Frogwares would like to revise the terms of the contract to their sole advantage. It's easy to play the victim, but all we seek is that Frogwares respect its commitments both in the contract and as demanded by the courts.

In regards to feedback on the release of the Sinking City on Steam, this is an official and complete version. However, due to a lack of cooperation with Frogwares, we are unable to integrate Steam-specific features (cloud saving/achievements). Thus, this version contains only the base game, without any additional content. Despite this, we have organized the release so that fans on Steam can enjoy the game.

We sincerely would have preferred that our relationship with Frogwares remain cooperative and respectful, as is the case with all of the studios whose titles we publish.

We hope that many of you will continue to play The Sinking City, and may your adventures in Oakmont be a lot of fun. "

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Regarding The Sinking City: I wonder if now's the time to get it because it might get taken down again soon if there really has been illegal activity by Nacon (reselling DLC they had no right to sell, reverse engineering the game) and then we might not see if again for a while. On the other hand, I'm not really THAT interested in the game OR giving Nacon money for this... On the other hand, I gave shittier publishers money before and I probably wouldnt flinch spending 16€ on something otherwise either. Hmmm.

Prodigy yes, has been posted here as well. Its a weird one. And its even weirder both companies can post to the Steam news feed and theyre fighting there, basically.

~

Regarding the Elden Ring leaks: such shitty leaks might be part of a planned viral campaign? Someone at a marketing department coulve come up with the idea to intentionally leak stuff like that, and still has that idea that leaks have to be in shitty quality :p

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
With horse traversal I imagine the world will be massive. No need for mounts otherwise so I expect the map is the size of Skyrim or bigger

It wouldn't really be fair to expect giant overhaul of assets etc. At least not until they move on to a new engine and it was never happening with this since they started dev on this when DS3 dlc was finished iirc.

The dream for me with Elden Ring was always something like BOTW/Skyrim + Dark Souls. These leaks pretty much show that and as long as they have a couple of populated towns/hubs + 5-10 amazing dungeons that are on the size of DS2 dlc it will be amazing.

Also I noticed in the leak with those big things chained/harpooned up...the enemy beneath them is walking with a torch even tho its daylight. I wonder if that is a bug or trailer glitch because there is supposed to be a night/day cycle. So the torch should come out at night.

Either way it all looks so amazing :steam_pigblanket:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah it is a very interesting case, btw I see Nacon posted this on Steam.

"For the release of The Sinking City on Steam, published by Nacon, Frogwares posted on Twitter urging players not to buy it. We regret that Frogwares persists in disrupting the release of the Sinking City. It was Frogwares who came to Nacon to request financing for the development of the game, and to date, more than 10 million euros have been paid to Frogwares by Nacon. It was Frogwares that relied on our marketing and promotion teams, representing thousands of hours of work and several million euros worth of investment. Now that the game has been fully developed, and published, largely thanks to Nacon's money and work, Frogwares would like to revise the terms of the contract to their sole advantage. It's easy to play the victim, but all we seek is that Frogwares respect its commitments both in the contract and as demanded by the courts.

In regards to feedback on the release of the Sinking City on Steam, this is an official and complete version. However, due to a lack of cooperation with Frogwares, we are unable to integrate Steam-specific features (cloud saving/achievements). Thus, this version contains only the base game, without any additional content. Despite this, we have organized the release so that fans on Steam can enjoy the game.

We sincerely would have preferred that our relationship with Frogwares remain cooperative and respectful, as is the case with all of the studios whose titles we publish.

We hope that many of you will continue to play The Sinking City, and may your adventures in Oakmont be a lot of fun. "
Frogwares claims that at some point Nacon has stopped paying them their royalties and agreed split of the games revenue. So it's certainly true that Nacon payed for the development of the game, but it's still open whether they have really fulfilled all their financial responsibilities. That's what the courts will ultimately decide.
Ultimately, I feel what Frogwares is doing here isn't very smart. It won't help them in court (I also don't believe it will hurt them directly, but no judge will agree that this is in any way "piracy") and it's actively burning any bridges they have left with Nacon and probably most other publishers too. They should have kept quiet and let the lawyers do their work.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Nothing, not enough to tell much about it. Didn't know it's been meant to be a vast open world,. that's one potentially positive (or not) change to just more Souls.
For sure. Hopefully we'll get a deeper look soon, but I think we're looking at a 2022 release date so a lot can change from this old footage!

Status
Not open for further replies.