Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
Yep, I tried a bit of Mercenaries but Im not sure I'll continue. I used to play a bit of the Raid mode in RE Revelations 2 though, that was quite similar. But yeah, after 4 playthroughs and getting most achievements and having really enjoyed my time with it, its probably time to give RE Village a rest :)
I managed to get them now. They aren't too hard, but the big issue is that mode is SO much trial and error.
Since you basically have to learn the best way to route and trigger spawns, rather than being more free form to get a high score like OG mercs.

• Gib
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
For this game, yeah. I hope steam can incorporate this on their steam input, because apparently you have to disable playstation controller support on steam to get it to work.
That's a damn shame. Are there any plans for making the Enhanced Edition playable on non-RTX cards?

I'm really regretting getting Exodus through that Humble Choice now that the regular edition is left in the dust.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I must say that I pretty much hate play Nier.
Now that might completely change if I play a route without the sidequests. They are soul sucking that way.
I just finished route A with 98% of the sidequests done, the 1 sidequest I missed was a very missable one that was right before one certain point of no return, it can't be done in any of the other routes, and I'm hearing that there's no chapter select like Automata had... :/

I pretty much would have to start from scratch if I want all sidequests done, which is not gonna happen, I don't want to go through some of these sidequests again any time soon, though not being able to 100% them because of a single sidequest just makes me feel like I wasted my time.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
I guess I now own a game on EA Desktop. smh.

it acts like I bought DLC, but the launcher says I have the game. I guess we'll see.
I bought it and it says I own the Standard Edition but if I open up Origin it says I can pre-order. Plus if I go look at my order history on the customer portal it says I ordered "BIOMUTANT - The Mercenary Class". Who knows what will happen lol.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That's a damn shame. Are there any plans for making the Enhanced Edition playable on non-RTX cards?

I'm really regretting getting Exodus through that Humble Choice now that the regular edition is left in the dust.
Wasn’t the RTX edition free for owners of the regular one ?

Reactions: PC-tan

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

It is impossible for EE to work on non RTX cards, almost everything in that game is RayTraced.

• This!
Dec 5, 2018
Interesting, I've just learnt that the PC version of Nocture is a bit different in a very odd way.

Since the PC version has the Raidou content as a DLC the game needs to be able to work without any DLC so you can play the 3 versions of the game (if you get both DLCs).

Yes, you always get both.

Reactions: PC-tan

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Is there a way to get Europa Universalis IV DLCs collection together?

They removed the starter pack bundle on Steam, and the rest of them are full collection (and are really expensive)

• Eyes

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Ironically, I'm getting back into Elite Horizons to play with a friend and damn, I really like that sense of space. The planets are huge and even if they are low fidelity and the sense of scale isn't right, it's a nice experience.

Damn shame Odyssey is a rushed-out mess, I think it'll take a year to get good.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I did like 60 missions in ME and didn't get the completionist trophy in the end.

and I can't go back to the Citadel to turn in a few others left and reloading will force me to redo like a dozen grindy ones that I did since leaving the Citadel.

Come on BioWare there is no way 60 isn't enough for that cheevo

fucking hell

I swear I always run into some bullshit anytime I try to 100% a game

:blobclosecry:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm having tons of fun with Dirt 5. I can see why so many people dislike it since it has nothing to do with rally. It's rather a hybrid between Drive Club and Motorstorm, two of my favorite games from Evolution Studios.

Only thing I don't like is Ghymkana, that's really not for me. Luckily I can skip these events without further consequences.

Oh and the game looks f*cking awesome! And it runs smooth at 60-70fps in 1440p on my 1660 Super. What an incredible card for the €260 I've paid for it.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
It is impossible for EE to work on non RTX cards, almost everything in that game is RayTraced.
Oh for sure, I don't expect any of the raytracing/graphics overhaul to function on a non-RT GPU. I just think it's silly to have bugfixes and controller implementations exclusive to GPUs you can't even buy. I just wish I knew this before buying it because as silly as it sounds I'm not going to play the arbitrarily gimped version of the game at this point.

Ordered a 3070 back in October and there's still no guarantee of it showing up this year. Everything is terrible. :blobweary:

• This!
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Good names there, damn! :dualbladesblob:
A company that returned to Steam after many years of being gone, a company that are testing the waters on PC and a company who have an interest in making their own store or doing exclusives (unless I misunderstood the CEOs statement a few pages ago here). Lol.

Reactions: Ge0force

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Incoming rant, sorry for the language (if any MS people ever read this, don't take it personal), I need to let go steam (pun not intended)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK

Octopath Traveler via game pass PC doesn't work anymore. What the fuck MS you goddamn asswipers.

I played about 4 hours of it about 2 weeks ago to check it out, liked it a lot and now the game won't open anymore whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

you goddamn shitheads MS why are you so goddamn incompetent. The game doesn't wanna open anymore son of a bitch. fucks sake.

Why the fuck should I keep using this godawful crap system/service if I can't trust that the games Im playing on it suddenly out of nowhere stops working.

not even Epic Store is this terrible

Im gonna stop using this shit of a system and service. Im not gonna continue using something I cannot trust won't fuck something up. Saves gone missing, games not starting up. Fuck this bullshit.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Why the fuck should I keep using this godawful crap system/service if I can't trust that the games Im playing on it suddenly out of nowhere stops working.
It's baffling that MS is throwing so much money with their current strategy with buying studios and gamepass, yet still hasn't allocated the people to decouple their store from the Windows system (I'm assuming fixing that is practically impossible at this point).

Even when Steam was at it's worse, like when I could play Half-life 2 at launch because the servers got hammered, at least I had some idea why it was happening. With MS current system you can't do anything besides try to search the net for those meaningless errors numbers and see several "solutions" that never work, and most of times end up either giving up or reinstalling Windows. That is.. if you get a error code at all...

And while EGS is indeed better in that it functions and MS strategy at least doesn't involve third-party exclusives on PC (so far), in the end the cause of the problem is the same: throw a lot of money at everything, except make your service better.

This is why to be honest I have no remorse of abusing the heck of some sites that were giving away promo codes to have Gamepass for free. I think now I have it until 2024 and my last charge was $1 in local curreny in 2019 :p

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's baffling that MS is throwing so much money with their current strategy with buying studios and gamepass, yet still hasn't allocated the people to decouple their store from the Windows system (I'm assuming fixing that is practically impossible at this point).

Even when Steam was at it's worse, like when I could play Half-life 2 at launch because the servers got hammered, at least I had some idea why it was happening. With MS current system you can't do anything besides try to search the net for those meaningless errors numbers and see several "solutions" that never work, and most of times end up either giving up or reinstalling Windows.

And while EGS is indeed better in that if functions and MS strategy at least doesn't involve third-party exclusives on PC (so far), in the end the cause of the problem is the same: throw a lot of money at everything, except make your service better.

This is why to be honest I have no remorse of abusing the heck of some sites that were giving away promo codes to have Gamepass for free. I think now I have it until 2024 and my last charge was $1 in local curreny in 2019 :p
I got a bunch of 6 months deals for very cheap a few years ago, game pass ultimate lasts till summer 22, but I have currently no plan to resub after it ends.

I'd rather just buy the games outright on Steam even if they just get put in my backlog. The mix of all these issues and knowing that 3rd party games can leave any time are just stressing me out. It sorta reduces my enjoyment of games.

Just not worth it for me.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I got a bunch of 6 months deals for very cheap a few years ago, game pass ultimate lasts till summer 22, but I have currently no plan to resub after it ends.
Gamepass for me over here is somewhat tempting at least for some months because the MS and Bethesda local prices are terrible. But even with all the deals, how the heck do you justify paying a good amount for a service you know will fail somewhat constantly. In the end got lucky with some codes and now don't have to think about it for a while. Maybe Microsoft will fix it by then.... :p ... hey... everything is possible, like making a system somehow worse than Games for Windows Live.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Game Pass is great because it's a cheap way to play a bunch of games that they recently added.

The problem being that when your entire bottom line relies on "cheap, service may work for a while, if it doesn't too bad lol" you'd better be certain that you're one bug away from losing a lot of subs with no hopes of selling games.
I mean their recen change to a 12% cut doesn't come from nowhere, we already know that the sales are so bad they can just compete with the already dead Stadia, if Call of Duty can only manage to get ONE player online, this is a failure that has no equal in the entire history of videogames; even the scams manage to run away with some money.

If they don't fix their store and app, they will just swap to become another sub fodder for Steam.
Ironic when people complain about their "monopoly" that happens because everyone else is too incapable of doing anything decent (except GOG, I guess).

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Octopath Traveler via game pass PC doesn't work anymore. What the fuck MS you goddamn asswipers.
Happened to me 10 hours into Dead Cells, suddenly it began to crash at startup for no reason, couldn't fix it even re-installing, no error message, no clue

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I would also add that there's a pernicious effect to gamepass which is starving the rest of the market of that money. I'm not sure that those studios are getting compensated as they should and I fear the long-term consequences for them. But then again, I dislike MS and subs anyway.

Reactions: xinek

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I would also add that there's a pernicious effect to gamepass which is starving the rest of the market of that money. I'm not sure that those studios are getting compensated as they should and I fear the long-term consequences for them. But then again, I dislike MS and subs anyway.
At least day one releases on Game Pass let games be available everywhere else, unlike EGS.
I doubt it has too much of an impact for the big fans that were following the games already, but it certainly gives a much wider reach to tiny stuff. Probably a case-by-case basis. I know I played stuff that interested me, but not enough to pay 15 or 20 bucks... it was either GP or a humble bundle in three years, they probably didn't lose much from me for their deals.

And of course beyond that, Game Pass is mostly made of 1-2 year old games that would otherwise be in deep sales mode. Probably a minor impact on the slowing sales.

Reactions: Rogue Agent
Status
Not open for further replies.