Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

Save me Mr Tako: Definitive Edition

Dive into a great adventure in the Game Boy era!

In a world where humans and octopuses are at war, Tako is a pacifist little octopus who rescues a woman from drowning one stormy night. A fairy sees this act of bravery and grants him the ability to survive on land. As he travels across the world, Tako defies his family and his people to try to resolve conflicts between Humans and Octopuses, plunging him into the very roots of this dysfunctional world.

Tako will solve puzzles, turn enemies into platforms by spitting ink at them, explore mysterious dungeons and fight tenacious bosses on his mission to end the war between the undersea Octopus kingdom and the terrestrial Human realm. Will you help this brave octopus to spread his message of tolerance and teach both species to coexist in peace and unity?

Skate City

Skate City is your perfect ride. Worldwide.

Coast through three iconic locations based off of real-world skate spots in Los Angeles, Oslo, and Barcelona.

Pull off realistic tricks with the swipe of a mouse or a flick of your joystick, with optimized controller support as well as mouse and keyboard options.

Hundreds of combinations are available, including flip tricks, grabs, grinds, spins, and manuals with our easy-to-use controls.

Complete over 100 challenges or chill out and ride at your own pace with Endless Skate.

Customize your skater by picking up a new deck, trucks, wheels, shoes, hats, glasses, and clothes in the skate shop. You can also change your hair style, and skin tone, or unlock new moves and upgrade your abilities.

Original soundtrack of atmospheric lo-fi beats.

Capture and share your best runs with our in-game recording tools. You can zoom in, use a fish-eye lens, spin the camera and even slow down time to highlight your best tricks!

Resident Evil Village

Experience survival horror like never before in the eighth major installment in the storied Resident Evil franchise - Resident Evil Village.

Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares. Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends

We are all Outlaws… but some of us will become Legends.

Faced with a merciless, unchecked state, rebels and rogues battle to claim their place among legends. To win influence with an oppressed people, rival gangs compete in daring heists to hit the wealthy where it hurts. Folk hero or gold-hungry outlaw, only the best will escape with hard-earned riches.

Two teams of 4 players compete to execute the perfect heist, in medieval environments patrolled by deadly AI guards. With the unique skills and mystical abilities of each character, moving in stealth to steal treasures unseen or dominating through loud and brutal combat.

Blood will be spilled. Riches will be stolen. Legends will be reborn.

Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator

In Hundred Days you will have complete control of a new Winery. First choose which vines to grow, learn how to grow them and when to harvest. Then following the entire winemaking process deciding on the type of wine you want to produce or the market requires. You will also have to sell the wine produced to allow your company to expand.

As in reality, every choice made, from the vineyard to the sales, will be able to influence the wine produced both in quantity and quality. A quality wine will increase the reputation of your company worldwide, it may have come at a higher price and will allow you to grow better and faster.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever faced. Relive the legend of Commander Shepard in the highly acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy with the Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition. Includes single-player base content and over 40 DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 games, including promo weapons, armors and packs — remastered and optimized for 4K Ultra HD.

Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.

Essays on Empathy

Essays on Empathy is a curated compilation of Deconstructeam's best efforts in seeking new narrative experiences in games.

Inhabit the lives of a diverse cast of characters from all walks of life in bite-sized, innovative, interactive stories; from a hitman working at a flower shop, to a schoolgirl who is convinced her skeleton isn't hers.

Explore 10 unique, offbeat tales including "De Tres al Cuarto," a brand new short experience exclusive to the compilation about a couple of two-bit comedians trying to make it big.

Days Gone

Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set in a harsh wilderness two years after a devastating global pandemic.

Step into the dirt flecked shoes of former outlaw biker Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter trying to find a reason to live in a land surrounded by death. Scavenge through abandoned settlements for equipment to craft valuable items and weapons, or take your chances with other survivors trying to eke out a living through fair trade… or more violent means.

Just Die Already

Just Die Already is an old people mayhem sandbox game created by the designers of Goat Simulator.

You are an old retired person in a near future where people aren’t having any children. There isn’t anyone to pay for pensions due to those ungrateful millennials who prefer playing video games instead of doing actual work. With no one to cover your living costs, you - just like all other old people in this world - have no other choice but to survive on your own.

How will you survive in a world that wants you to Just Die Already?

To make things worse, you’ve just been kicked out of your retirement home, and your only option now is to perform dangerous challenges and explore the world for retirement tickets to qualify for free retirement care.

So with society wishing you dead, isn’t it finally time to live a little?

Knockout City

COMING SOON: Team up and duke it out with rival Crews in Knockout City, where you settle the score with EPIC DODGEBALL BATTLES. Brace yourself for outrageous fun and intense competition in an all-new take on team-based multiplayer games.

Customize your character and form a Crew with friends to start your Knockout City takeover. Knock out opponents with trick shots and coordinated teamwork while dodging and catching balls flying across the map. No ball? No problem! You can literally ball up, roll into a teammate’s hands, and become the ultimate weapon!

A variety of outlandish ball types, locations, and game modes keep it exciting. Plus, each season introduces new maps, ball types, rewards, events, and challenges! Throw, catch, pass, dodge, and tackle your way to dodgeball dominance!

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster

Reawaken your inner demon in a modernized version of the acclaimed ATLUS classic, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster.

What begins as a normal day in Tokyo turns out to be everything but, when the Conception—an ethereal apocalypse—is invoked. The remains of the world are swallowed by chaos, as a demonic revolution descends into a broken city. Caught between a battle of Gods and demons, the choices you make can bring life, rebirth, or death, and determine who triumphs.

BIOMUTANT

BIOMUTANT is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.

A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground

Conquer the Mortal Realms!

Become the commander of one of the extraordinary factions of Warhammer Age of Sigmar - a dark-fantasy universe where immortal knights ride heavenly stardrakes to eradicate Death across a multitude of realms. This is Storm Ground, a world of legends, heroes, hellish creatures and fearsome battles.

Lead your highly-customisable force in this dynamic and spectacular skirmish turn-based strategy game packed with fast-paced warfare. Victories allow you to collect and upgrade new types of units, powerful equipment, and unlock devastating skills.

Explore all the routes in Storm Ground’s non-linear campaign. During each new playthrough, overcome new odds to find unique units and gears. Build your legendary army and defy other players in epic online duels.

Mini Motorways

Have you ever been stuck in traffic and wished you could do something to fix it? In Mini Motorways, the city’s traffic problems are in your hands.

From the makers of Mini Metro, Mini Motorways is a game about drawing the roads that drive a growing city. Build a road network, one road at a time, to create a bustling metropolis. Redesign your city to keep the traffic flowing, and carefully manage upgrades to meet the changing demands. How long can you keep the cities of the world moving?

Contradiction - Spot The Liar!

Contradiction is a unique adventure / murder mystery game that uses live-action video for the entirety of the game play. All you have to do is interview characters, spot their lies and catch them out!

Contradiction is a brand new take on the concept of an interactive movie and brings the genre to a whole new level of playability. It plays as smoothly as a 3D graphic game. You can wander freely around the game environment, collecting evidence and witnessing constantly changing events.

But the game is all about interviewing the characters you meet, questioning them about all the evidence you’ve collected and things you’ve seen, then spotting contradictions in their answers. Pair two contradictions together and watch them try to worm out of it!

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...

Get the achievement: The Final Verse​

Congratulations! Thank you for playing!

People who have completed the challenge:​

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Crap... May already?

Thank you very much for the great thread lashman .

But... putting Contradiction in the "Retro" is making me feel really old :(

As for the releases, lot's of interesting stuff. I was even temped to buy and replay Mass Effect (despite hat ending) but EA is not making it easy with it's terrible regional price over here.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Post for my birthday month. Hoping for good things

But... putting Contradiction in the "Retro" is making me feel really old :(

As for the releases, lot's of interesting stuff. I was even temped to buy and replay Mass Effect (despite hat ending) but EA is not making it easy with it's terrible regional price over here.
It's only like 2 years old isnt it?

• Toucan
Reactions: Panda Pedinte
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Ive got other things to do besides working on a .txt file that is really, superficial, and mainly doing out of the goodness of my heart.

I ve been contemplating even stopping doing them due to the time theyd take up to have them written and set up
awww, sorry to hear that :( but you know - no pressure :) still appreciated :blobhug:

Another great OP, @lashman
awww, thanks :blobhug:

• Hug
Reactions: MegaApple

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Woo, new thread! As always, thank you lashman!

But damn, what a month. Looking forward to RE Village, SMT 3, and Biomutant in particular. I have my reservations for ME Legendary edition, though. Gonna wait to see how the port turns out.

Also, I had never thought of counting the number of RE games I've played before today, and apparently, RE Village will be the 20'th game in the series I own and play, haha. :p

The ones I haven't played are:
Umbrella Corps
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil Survivor 2 – Code: Veronica
Resident Evil Gaiden

Don't think I'm missing out on much by not playing them.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
you ARE really old ... we all are!

That's... actually more accurate what I would care to admit :p

It's only like 2 years old isnt it?
It's 6 (and I played at release). I was going to suggest 10 years minimum to be called retro, but that would make Mass Effect 3 "retro" next year....
Contradiction is actually sitting in my Steam cart at the moment. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Very fun "detective" FMV game carried by the charm of the main cast. Highly recommended if you like these types of games.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also, I had never thought of counting the number of RE games I've played before today, and apparently, RE Village will be the 20'th game in the series I own and play, haha. :p

The ones I haven't played are:
Umbrella Corps
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil Survivor 2 – Code: Veronica
Resident Evil Gaiden

Don't think I'm missing out on much by not playing them.
... or are you? :thinking-blob:

let's ask our resident (huehue) RE expert - Jawmuncher ;)

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Cool thread. There's a lot this month. Days Gone is on the top of my list, but then there's also Resident Evil, Biomutant, Mass Effect and maybe Hood. Subnautica: Below Zero has a full release on the 15th too and Huntdown will be out on Steam. And that Essays on Empathy looks interesting.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Cool thread. There's a lot this month. Days Gone is on the top of my list, but then there's also Resident Evil, Biomutant, Mass Effect and maybe Hood. Subnautica: Below Zero has a full release on the 15th too and Huntdown will be out on Steam. And that Essays on Empathy looks interesting.
yup ... A LOOOOOOOOOOOT of games releasing this month ... like holy cow!

and thanks :photoblobheart:

steamthread / thesteamthread ➡➡
thanks as always ... you're the bestest! :blobhug:

• Hug
Reactions: Swenhir
Status
Not open for further replies.