Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Lovely new thread @lashman thank you very much.
no ... thank YOU!!! :blobhug:

thank you @lashman for hosting the monthly anime thread
:blobnoanime:

:photoblobheart:@lashman for this new thread ! My home on the Internet.
awww, thank you so much! :blobhug:

If you are planning a gender reveal party, I hope you don't overdo it on the explosives or other weirdness.
Just normal pyrotechnics and laser shows should be enough.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Unpaused my Choice sub for the 9$ offer, didn't see anything telling me I would pay 9$, paused again, lost coupon.
Ok, Humble. Go fuck yourself.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Support and Twitter were used for my Humble issue. We will see.
Not that I was REALLY into the offer, I only needed Broken Porcelain this month and the three games announced for May are big enough to suspect the rest will be shit. Still, 18$ for Broken Porcelain, Shenmue 3, Exodus, Darksiders and Hellpoint, it wasn't bad.

Now if they mistakenly send me the other coupon I had, the Premium Plan, and not the Classic, I may be very clear about what they can do with it :grimacing-face:

Worse part is I knew this could happen, because it happened to one of us earlier this week, but their coupon system is so confusing. When you click on the fucking coupon, there are no special windows opened, it just go to the choice page :so-good-blob:

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, I also don't expect big games in near future. Instead I think they will focus on collections and smaller titles (like Getsu Fuma Den) for now.

Btw, the early access of Getsu Fuma Den will include the original Famicom version
Wait what? Are we getting a motherfucking localization of Getsu Fuma Den after nearly 35 fucking years?

YO

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I played NFS 2015/6 back when it launched and while I never finished it, I had some fun with it. Then last year I gave a shot to NFS: Heat but never got the handling, and dropped it twice. Then I remembered that in between those two there was NFS: Payback.

Since it was released back when EA was trying to see how far they could push people with their MTX model, I kinda skipped and forgot that it even existed, but for some reason I downloaded it yesterday and it's actually really fun! It's surprisingly story-heavy for a racing game, and I found it to be somewhat ugly at times even, but dunno, I could see myself finishing the story this time around.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
While I agree with the underlying sentiment, gaming and fantasy needs to dig itself out of midievil europe a lot more, I don't think her example of Ghosts of Tsushima is necessarily the best example, is it? Is that game not steeped in the inaccurate version of Japanese history created by Kurosawa's and others samurai films from the 40s-80s that play fast and loose with their depictions of society during the time periods (re: samurai as heroic, tragic figures).

I would hope theyd want things less based on media for historical portrayals

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
"number of key projects"
Interesting.
I was one of the ones in the camp that firmly believed this was a set up to reveal the Legacy Collection port on April 30th.

But there's still the possibility that just like prior PR stunts that were never meant as more which ended up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy!

THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD JUST YET!!!

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
- Second very important part : ExistentialThought
Boy or girl ? And what's their first name, if I'm not too curious ?
Wishing all the best to the little family !
We had a girl, her first name is
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
. We wanted something to reflect her hispanic heritage from my side. Thank you so much!!! :cat-heart-blob:

Thank you so much!!! Greatly appreciate it! :cat-heart-blob:
Congratulations, ExistentialThought .

If you are planning a gender reveal party, I hope you don't overdo it on the explosives or other weirdness.
Just normal pyrotechnics and laser shows should be enough.
Hahaha, no worries there. No gender reveal for us. We just told folks outright. Though technically with my Dad and in laws we did give them an opportunity to guess and then give them the results. No fingers lost or horrific deaths ensued. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
They are not hung up on medieval Europe, they are hung up on the romanticization of the mostly English medieval period that was popularized by Tolkien. You mix up a bit of French and German and get 95% of the representation. But even then, German-specific medieval folklore like the Nibelungen is not represented. Brother Grimm fairy tales are not medieval.

And then you have the rest of Europe and their history and culture that is not represented.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Thanks for the thread lashman :cat-heart-blob:.

Also congrats to ExistentialThought.

I thought they would make a weapon to surpass Metal Gear. Something like Metal Pachinko for mobile.
I am excited to see what IPs they revisit cough Castlevania cough but if it's Metal Gear it wouldn't feel the same without Kojima.
Apologies, missed your reply. Thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated

Seriously thank you everyone, greatly appreciate it :cat-heart-blob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
They are not hung up on medieval Europe, they are hung up on the romanticization of the mostly English medieval period that was popularized by Tolkien. You mix up a bit of French and German and get 95% of the representation. But even then, German-specific medieval folklore like the Nibelungen is not represented. Brother Grimm fairy tales are not medieval.

And then you have the rest of Europe and their history and culture that is not represented.
I'd add that even Tolkien-esque Fantasy is super rare, at least in depth and tone. His work was incredibly nuanced there and most RPGs err on the rather childish side of things. Themes of hope, of goodness, the sincerity of his writing seem to be outdated by the gaming industry's edgier standards.

I do appreciate Kingdom Come in trying to portray a far lesser-known east-european medieval history, even if its writing made me uneasy. I still would love some AAA-produced tales in other places and cultures though, ranging from India to the various enclaves of cultures in the Himalayas, In Africa and the middle-east. Hell, Kiwi culture is virtually absent in the games industry. Give me some "Cities of Gold" fantasy RPG, please.

I guess I just agree that saying it's "medieval europe" is misrepresenting just how tiny the subset of mythoses that fantasy RPG drawn from is.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Nier is now 60fps 99% of the time, cool.
It's also very boring when you do subquests.
Then you do Junk Heap and you cry :sweaty-blob:

Edit
While looking for the sublime music that plays in Junk Heap, I learned there is a track in the OST named 'J'nique Nicole', which translate to 'I Fuck Nicole' in French. Ok :so-good-blob:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher and C-Dub

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
While looking for the sublime music that plays in Junk Heap, I learned there is a track in the OST named 'J'nique Nicole', which translate to 'I Fuck Nicole' in French. Ok :so-good-blob:
Erm, J'nique Nicole is a singer. She sings on the Nier Automata soundtrack so she probably sang on the reorchestrated Replicant OST too.
e.g.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Erm, J'nique Nicole is a singer. She sings on the Nier Automata soundtrack so she probably sang on the reorchestrated Replicant OST too.
e.g.
I had absolutely no idea. This is embarrassing as it changes my post to something really unpleasant. I swear I didn’t know :neutral-face:

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Dusk and the rest of the games from New Blood are amazing. If Valve went back their old curation process and rejected Dusk (which I have no doubt they would) I would be furious.

Open storefront to me brings in a ton of variation of good to great games like the finished Oneiros. Open storefront also makes devs and pubs compete more to make better games.

Status
Not open for further replies.