Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Speaking of which, hey lashman how is that Dying Light 2 EGS exclusive going?

:wd_dobully:
Speaking of which, that game has been in the top 3 on the Steam best sellers since preorders went up. It's not even in the top 25 on EGS. Granted, EGS has a sale going on right now, but you'd figure a hyped game like that would at least chart.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Speaking of which, that game has been in the top 3 on the Steam best sellers since preorders went up. It's not even in the top 25 on EGS. Granted, EGS has a sale going on right now, but you'd figure a hyped game like that would at least chart.
Steam has an open world sale too, which is part of the best platform sellers (and I don't believe no one is buying it there), BUT HEY, THEY PUT SONIC IN THERE YESTERDAY (oh right, that's exclusive)

So yeah, this top is still a marketing thing, YAY!

Dec 5, 2018
Steam has an open world sale too, which is part of the best platform sellers (and I don't believe no one is buying it there), BUT HEY, THEY PUT SONIC IN THERE YESTERDAY (oh right, that's exclusive)

So yeah, this top is still a marketing thing, YAY!

Wait ... why is the best selling game a gambling simulator game that was given away for free last week ?

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am not doom guy, Ubisoft is going after F2P and pushing more and more MTX and they don't want to give Valve 30% of that no matter wha.t. Reality is if they actually made one success out of those F2P games they are good.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
PR speak.
Kinda feel for this guy, as to bear his company's weird decisions.
You know that every wording has its own path, right? even PR wording.

I am not doom guy, Ubisoft is going after F2P and pushing more and more MTX and they don't want to give Valve 30% of that no matter wha.t. Reality is if they actually made one success out of those F2P games they are good.
It's not just about Ubi but I didn't want to insult you or anything :cat-heart-blob:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Tried knockout city, it's quite fun! Definetely Rocket League vibes between how easy/complex it can be.

edit: that said, I see it doesn't have quite the same number and it has launched for a week so who knows how it will last

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Nobody cares about their f2p crap, as long as long as they bring back regular games to Steam they can keep everything else to uplay.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
You need a large audience if you want to make big MTX revenue. So releasing on Steam actually kinda makes sense.

They can't afford any F2P flops either. If they spend several years making another Hyperscape it will lose them a ton of money. There is a lot of risk in F2P especially for those who don't have the mindshare already.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Odd how Irregular Corporations upcoming games have not had their Steam pages removed yet since they are owned by Epic now.
Because their first wave will still come to Steam, after that probably wont

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
After contacting Steam Support about my banned image from the Community Hub of Popup Dungeons, and showing two images of Exanima to them, they decided to ban one of the two. Sad. I don't get the way some are okay and others are not.

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The deed is done. As mentioned before in the thread, here it is and with a noice custom banner to boot. For anyone interested in engaging in the time-honored tradition of making cool forum signatures:

FunnyJay I'd love to see at least one contribution :dmcblob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well, Nioh 2 is still loads of fun, or at least it was tonight. Not too much bullshit and that delicious gameplay along with that liberal interpretation of Japanese culture. Had a good time, which hadn't happenned all that much lately. Thank you, game.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Went on a little retro bender tonight by finally playing the old Delta Force games.
It's the first time for me despite having them in the back of my head for so many years already.
Weirdly enough, the older two ones, I liked more. The simplicity of not having weapon sway kinda worked better.
But yeah, overall, these games feel like a relict. It's dumb to expect much of shooters that are over two decades old but imo these games aged very badly apart from their age.
There are tons of similarly old games that are still surprisingly enjoyable today. Delta Force is not one of them.
At the off chance of destroying some people's nostalgia, I'm doing you a favor by absolutely warning you of giving in to nostalgia and replaying these games. Don't. Just let those sweet memories remain jolly.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

Went on a little retro bender tonight by finally playing the old Delta Force games.
It's the first time for me despite having them in the back of my head for so many years already.
Weirdly enough, the older two ones, I liked more. The simplicity of not having weapon sway kinda worked better.
But yeah, overall, these games feel like a relict. It's dumb to expect much of shooters that are over two decades old but imo these games aged very badly apart from their age.
There are tons of similarly old games that are still surprisingly enjoyable today. Delta Force is not one of them.
At the off chance of destroying some people's nostalgia, I'm doing you a favor by absolutely warning you of giving in to nostalgia and replaying these games. Don't. Just let those sweet memories remain jolly.
Huh, I was completely unaware that the series was on Steam. But yeah, I agree. Some games are best no revisited. :p

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Now you brought back some memories.

In restropect the games were indeed pretty simple, I remember some missions being about killing a target while others involved destroying things, I also remember bring annoyed by the controls but I don't remember exactly why.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

I will stand by the first game and its wide open voxel based battlefields now, but everything after that, not so much. And Black Hawk Down, that one despite its propoganda story is still good.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Just played knockout city. I think MM doesn't exist or nobody in my region really playing because I am getting teamed with people obviously near my skill due to time played against people of lvl 30 and higher who have tons of hours. The targeting sucks and camera control sensitivity even maxed still makes the character sluggish.

Also everybody just groups up. I may give it more time but having to start origin and then close it for it to start on steam is annoying as well.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
outside of total war warhammer 2 I hadn't used mouse+kb to play games in years, I wa thinking of playing BG1+2 after MELE but I think I'll play FFVIII or replay DQXI, I realized I can barely stand playing stuff without a controller now

• Disapproval
Reactions: prudis and Tizoc

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I really like CP2077 but it really is mediocre game. I love characters, world and even story but gameplay is half assed, level design aimed for Deus Ex but never reached that point, missions range from meh to good, city really feel empty and they don't use that amazing city enough, it is just basically there for the looks. I am 40h in and i am still not done and i am not bored at all it is just such wasted potential. But at least my V looks badass

Also atmosphere really is amazing

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Tekken 4 Dead. 🖐

I have received these:

by watching these two:

Trivia: there are 3 marketable profile backgrounds among the 13 items. I sent them to a secondary non-limited account of mine. It turns out that the secondary account gets the 10 non-marketable drops, but these 3 items won't drop! I have tried to get the items back to my primary account, and these 3 items have still not dropped for the secondary account! I am confident there is a flag which gets triggered as soon as the account has held the items, no matter the origin (if that was from a drop or from a trade), so better be wary of this next time in case there are items for which I would want several copies.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It's already Choice day on tuesday. :evilblob:
Hopefully the next one will be as packed as the current one for me.
I was hoping for Code Vein in the Choice eventually though, but that seems less likely now that it's in a regular bundle. But who knows. Definitely not in the next one in any case.

My hopes would be one of Plague's Tale, RE7, Ace Attorney, Greedfall, Ace Combat 7, Outer Wilds, Ni no Kuni, Bloodstained, Surge 2 among the headliners.
Could also see Persona 4 or Yakuza 3 coming eventually.

• Gib
Reactions: Ge0force

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
weird, as I crossed 1k games on steam the Rarest Achievement box (level 3) went from showing 20 to showing only 8

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
weird, as I crossed 1k games on steam the Rarest Achievement box (level 3) went from showing 20 to showing only 8

Mine does that all the time, switches from 3 rows bought with points to 1 at random. It comes back after a day or two.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I spent about 6 hours playing the wrong version of SMT Nocturne since the Maniax version with Raidou is apparently free DLC and I didn't know that. I have put that game on the sideline for the time being and busted out my 3DS and started Strange Journey Redux.

Reactions: beep boop

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
I really like CP2077 but it really is mediocre game. I love characters, world and even story but gameplay is half assed, level design aimed for Deus Ex but never reached that point, missions range from meh to good, city really feel empty and they don't use that amazing city enough, it is just basically there for the looks. I am 40h in and i am still not done and i am not bored at all it is just such wasted potential. ...
At least having this sad "what could've been" thought and feel at every corner meshes well with what is supposed to be a bleak dystopian future. It's obviously not good but at least for me this sort of mix really works for some playthroughs. The chromatic abomination that is Bloodborne causing physical pain and distress would be another one.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I really like CP2077 but it really is mediocre game. I love characters, world and even story but gameplay is half assed, level design aimed for Deus Ex but never reached that point, missions range from meh to good, city really feel empty and they don't use that amazing city enough, it is just basically there for the looks. I am 40h in and i am still not done and i am not bored at all it is just such wasted potential. But at least my V looks badass
I will be waiting for the inevitable enhanced edition and a couple of expansions before I dive in, hopefully it will be genuinely great by then.

Dec 5, 2018
I spent about 6 hours playing the wrong version of SMT Nocturne since the Maniax version with Raidou is apparently free DLC and I didn't know that. I have put that game on the sideline for the time being and busted out my 3DS and started Strange Journey Redux.
I mentioned that the other day. That creates the weird situation that the PC version is the only one that lets you play the 3 versions of the game.

I understand why the chronicles content is given as a free DLC (blocking it from Korea and China), but I wonder if they could have made it so the DLC is automatically added to your accound if you're not in those regions.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte
Status
Not open for further replies.