Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
I will stand by the first game and its wide open voxel based battlefields now, but everything after that, not so much. And Black Hawk Down, that one despite its propoganda story is still good.
Agreed. The first one, in its simplicity - almost like an advanced flash game - was the most fun.
Black Hawk Down was my first and only Delta Force when it was new. Again gotta agree. It was fun

• Hug
Reactions: gabbo and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
My biggest concern with Necromunda might be how short and repetitive it might turn out to be. I don't think there's even been a mention of a campaign or story.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021
Enjoying Day's Gone but it didn't need to be anywhere near this long
I think this is my issue with a lot of open-world games these days, Breath of the wild had tons of issues but one thing it nailed was the open world in my opinion, that sense of freedom is very rarely seen, the game never holds your hand in anything as well, aside just giving you the marker for the main story which is vague as well.
These days I don't seem to enjoy open-world games that much, if BoTW 2 can iron out its issues it'll be perfect open world in my opinion.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
I actually didn't even know NFS Heat was a thing, but someone posted about it being on sale here and I bought it. Been playing it the whole weekend (with a few LoL matches in between). Really fun game, though the soundtrack is drastically different from back when I last played NFS (Undercover). Lots of zoomer music, with a lot of it being rather hard to listen to.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

lmao, they updated most of their recent games on steam with this fucking bullshit a few days ago

now you have to go through this thing before you can play the game ... yes, that's right - unlike the rockstar, ea, or ubi launchers - this one doesn't start the game automatically after clicking "play" on steam

:toucan:

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
I really like CP2077 but it really is mediocre game. I love characters, world and even story but gameplay is half assed, level design aimed for Deus Ex but never reached that point, missions range from meh to good, city really feel empty and they don't use that amazing city enough, it is just basically there for the looks. I am 40h in and i am still not done and i am not bored at all it is just such wasted potential. But at least my V looks badass

Also atmosphere really is amazing

Awesome shots dex. You're always great with those.

Someday I'll play it :lampblob:

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Awesome shots dex. You're always great with those.

Someday I'll play it :lampblob:
Tnx, they are ok. there are people that do much better job but they spend much more time framing them and using various tools and i don't have time to bother with that. i want to enjoy playing game more than spend hours taking perfect screenshots :D

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021

lmao, they updated most of their recent games on steam with this fucking bullshit a few days ago

now you have to go through this thing before you can play the game ... yes, that's right - unlike the rockstar, ea, or ubi launchers - this one doesn't start the game automatically after clicking "play" on steam

Another fucking launcher.....

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and xxr

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Shitty integration instead of doing it seamless, I could see them changing it if people react negatively.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Mo

More like everybody but Ubisoft making bank on Steam
Nah, Siege still a cash cow, and according to their last financial report Ubi's backlog is selling good, they still making bank on Steam and making bank getting paid by Epic to not sell on Steam and they will make bank when their newer games comes back to Steam.

To summarise, Ubisoft is making bank and will continue to because of Steam one way or another..

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Another fucking launcher.....
you get a launcher ... and you get a launcher ... everyone gets a launcher!

Nah, Siege still a cash cow, and according to their last financial report Ubi's backlog is selling good, they still making bank on Steam and making bank getting paid by Epic to not sell on Steam and they will make bank when their newer games comes back to Steam.

To summarise, Ubisoft is making bank and will continue to because of Steam one way or another..
absolutely fucking depressing :negative-blob:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I've been a fan of DF since the beginning (and fan of Richard's since Sega Saturn Magazine) and the DF Direct they've been doing actually gives me something to look forward to on Mondays lol, listening to those guys is like therapy for me these days.
Love John's work with DF Retro as well.
I hope they keep doing this stuff for many, many years.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
weird, as I crossed 1k games on steam the Rarest Achievement box (level 3) went from showing 20 to showing only 8

The achievement showcases are weird. Mine occasionally switches from showing the regular stats that exclude profile limited games to sometimes including the profile limited games I've completed.

• Sad
Reactions: BlueOdin

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Is Bethy launcher dead yet?

DF Retro Quake episode at last

Quake 1 is neat. I should defo play Doom someday but Quake's gameplay and design is great...well the hit scanning not so much but hey a long range shotgun shot is something I can't hate~

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I've been a fan of DF since the beginning (and fan of Richard's since Sega Saturn Magazine) and the DF Direct they've been doing actually gives me something to look forward to on Mondays lol, listening to those guys is like therapy for me these days.
Love John's work with DF Retro as well.
I hope they keep doing this stuff for many, many years.
[UWSL]Haha, I feel the same. It's just refreshing to hear sensible people talk about tech and games, especially [/UWSL][UWSL]Witchard [/UWSL][UWSL]Richard. He is without doubt the most level-headed person at DF due to his extensive experience in the field. And Audi poking fun at Richard is gold. :p[/UWSL]

Reactions: Dragon1893

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Is Bethy launcher dead yet?

DF Retro Quake episode at last

Quake 1 is neat. I should defo play Doom someday but Quake's gameplay and design is great...well the hit scanning not so much but hey a long range shotgun shot is something I can't hate~
I haven't tried to play Q1 again in a while but I thoroughly enjoyed my Brutal Doom runs. I recommend it :).

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Now that month with VR passed i can share something that i am proud of .This month i decided to lose some weight (i wasn't fat fat but i needed to lose some weight). So i decided to start going to and from work by foot (20-25min walks in one direction, 300-400 kcal per day), i started doing VR Fitness (1-.1.5h per day, 400-500kcal per session) and i just lowered amount of food and drink i was taking and removed dinner. And after the month i lost 4.5kg :D

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Now that month with VR passed i can share something that i am proud of .This month i decided to lose some weight (i wasn't fat fat but i needed to lose some weight). So i decided to start going to and from work by foot (20-25min walks in one direction, 300-400 kcal per day), i started doing VR Fitness (1-.1.5h per day, 400-500kcal per session) and i just lowered amount of food and drink i was taking and removed dinner. And after the month i lost 4.5kg :D
WAY TO GO, DEX, KEEP THE GOOD WORK :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
congrats! :)

and yeah, VR is great for workouts ... i'm doing 1200kcal per Beat Saber/PowerBeats session

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Damn seems google has managed to fuck with even the best ad blockers on YouTube. What the hell to watch now, only thing left is alt right demonetised stuff but not that hyped to watch that.XD

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Damn seems google has managed to fuck with even the best ad blockers on YouTube. What the hell to watch now, only thing left is alt right demonetised stuff but not that hyped to watch that.XD
On Android there is NewPipe - a free YouTube client Works for me.

There probably is equivalent software for other platforms.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I still see no ads with either ublock origin or adblockplus

edit: I guess you meant mobile?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
On Android there is NewPipe - a free YouTube client Works for me.

There probably is equivalent software for other platforms.
I do use on of those android YouTube apps that seem to still block.. but one desktop it doesn't seem to work anymore.
I still see no ads with either ublock origin or adblockplus

edit: I guess you meant mobile?
Ah I mean on desktop, I use also both of those both on chrome and safari and it tries to load ads but I just get infinite loading thingie.

Status
Not open for further replies.