Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Why would they when you have shitload of options?
Warpinator/Winpinator is what I use, but you can also setup a SFTP server or SMB share. Up to you.
I am using Warpinator/Winpinator but it is annoying. Pressing one button to transfer files would be much easier. Remember Deck shouldn't just be for enthusiasts but for general population too.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So was hitting a point where I was thinking of leaving Vampire Survivors for a little while. I had hit 81 out of 88 achievements. Unlocked a lot of the characters, think there was about 3 hidden ones left for me to try and unlock. So thought I would leave it for an update or 2 before playing again.

So spent another hour playing it seeing as there had been another update, a new character, new items, 2 new evolutions, 8 new achievements and a new bonus mode in levels. So, yeah, probably another 20 hours before I hit the same point again.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
So was hitting a point where I was thinking of leaving Vampire Survivors for a little while. I had hit 81 out of 88 achievements. Unlocked a lot of the characters, think there was about 3 hidden ones left for me to try and unlock. So thought I would leave it for an update or 2 before playing again.

So spent another hour playing it seeing as there had been another update, a new character, new items, 2 new evolutions, 8 new achievements and a new bonus mode in levels. So, yeah, probably another 20 hours before I hit the same point again.
Vampire Survivors is a conveyor belt of new content.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

It's too addicting. :poutblob:

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019

I spent my weekend playing Orb of Creation. It looks a lot like an incremental game, but it is quite different from most other games in the genre, The central gameplay mechanic is that you are a mage who is constantly researching and collecting spells. In order to get better spells, you have to use your existing spells to gather the required physical and magical materials. There is a large number of materials, and they interact with spells and various additional gameplay mechanics in quite complex ways. The end result is an incremental game where almost no time is spent on looking at slowly increasing numbers or bars, and most time spent on managing complicated systems and thinking about strategy. I would recommend the game to fans of the genre!

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Unrelated to Tifa, but watching that clip brought a nostalgic feeling of Sleeping Dogs out of me for some reason. Maybe I should give it a reinstall. :flare_think:
I had the same exact thought about Sleeping Dogs lol. :p I don't have Sifu yet, but I do have Sleepy dogs and it's already installed and I already made a custom Reshade for it long ago.

But I just know I'll feel guilty if I start something new, because Elden Ring is still weighing me down. :surrenderblob:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Yikes. I hope Valve doesn't allow that onto the store. Found it in the Discovery Queue for future releases.
well, whatever it was, it seems it doesn't exist anymore?

I wish I had someone in my life as dedicated to me as those guys to that game.
ikr?? Still being adored by people despite all your issues and flaws.

'twas only a matter of time. :giggle:

Based and TIfapilled.
Glorious PC gaming!

:h02totallynotmoaning:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
One thing that i miss on Steam Deck is support for things like Gameplay Time Tracker. I like to have tracker that records my time spent in games. And i know that i have it on Steam but Gameplay Time Tracker is much more precise and robust.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
One thing that i miss on Steam Deck is support for things like Gameplay Time Tracker. I like to have tracker that records my time spent in games. And i know that i have it on Steam but Gameplay Time Tracker is much more precise and robust.
Yeah, I hope either Valve provides a better, Deck focused tool, or someone manages to make a separate tool that could be run as a plugin or whatever.
In the mean time, I'm stuck with this everytime I fire up Deck:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I wonder why you want your gameplay time tracked in such a precise manner?
Not to judge, I'm just curious - as game time tracking for me personally is just a interesting but ultimately unimportant statistic -- so, what makes it important for you?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I have a 5-day weekend at the end of next week, and really hope I manage to play some games instead of just falling asleep while watching Deep Space 9 on Netflix. 😅

Goals are to at least TRY, if not finish, some of the following:
-In Other Waters
-NORCO
-Half Past Fate
-Stories Untold
-Lacuna
-Afterparty
-The Red Strings Club
-VirtuaVerse
-Kentucky Route Zero(need to restart this - I was playing them as they released but they took too long!)

Some of these I have on a Google Keep list titles Games to Play in 2020 :blushblob:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah, I hope either Valve provides a better, Deck focused tool, or someone manages to make a separate tool that could be run as a plugin or whatever.
In the mean time, I'm stuck with this everytime I fire up Deck:
As far as i can see original developer completely abandoned project and Gameplay Time Tracker site is down.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Do we have a creation thread ? A game dev one, if I need to be (too) specific ? Pretty sure I saw one some time ago ?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Do we have a creation thread ? A game dev one, if I need to be (too) specific ? Pretty sure I saw one some time ago ?
Maybe this?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I dropped it soon after
being noted
I was there for the chillax, don't want to play efficient. I know I could simply ignore this tiny detail, but that's not how OCD works.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I've yet to try Stardew but it does look like a great Deck game. Maybe I'll pick it up.

Add it to the pile of dozen or so games that I need to buy during the summer seal next month :surrenderblob:

Reactions: Pommes and Tomasety

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
My NVME drive decided to die today, I was having all kind of weird problems this weekend with games just suddenly crashing and files being corrupt (thanks Insync for saving my ass for really important files).. I first thought it was a system upgrade but this morning the UEFI wouldn't see the drive. The only drive that I have left is a 5400 RPM 2 TB harddrive. How on earth did I have the patience back in the day to wait for all the loading. Hopefully, the new NVME will arrive tomorrow, meanwhile I am giving Garudalinux a test drive.

Last edited:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Bought Scarlet Nexus season pass and refunded the Monster Rancher games, not like they were bad but they were a bit finnicky to play on deck and atm I want stuff that I can play there without messing around, I'll repurchase them in the future.
Before the sales are over on Steam and/or external websites I also plan on getting MH stories 2 and probably Bravely Default 2.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018

I 100%ed the game when there were like 40 achievements and now there's almost 100 of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.