Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
It is interesting how Sony MAU is basically stagnating in past 2 years

They get to 110M at the end of the year then back to 105M range.
Maybe they aren't focusing on growth as much as they are looking for profitability within that userbase. See - More live-service games being current focus.

Also, "Digital Software Ratio 71%"
Dunno how physical owners feel about this.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Forza Horizon in Japan would be a dream, but let's be real here, FH in Japan is not going to happen. Playground Games will find a different location that will "suit" FH better in their opinion.

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

I suddenly have the urge to buy Final Fantasy XIV.
yeah, he seems to-be the only source of sanity at S-E. he also distanced FFXIV from NFTs earlier in the year.

he’s also why FFXVI is probably the only upcoming game I am looking forward to fro S-E. just a shame I will probably have to wait at least a year from the PS5 release.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

I suddenly have the urge to buy Final Fantasy XIV.
I started playing FF XIV last weekend out of curiosity. I really don't plan to get heavily into it at all, but I had an urge to see it for myself, on a very casual basis. So far, well, it's an MMORPG. Decent writing as far as the genre goes, extremely active, even high-level characters still look at least remotely like they fit in the world, and -- perhaps most importantly -- I haven't seen any cash shop yet.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I started playing FF XIV last weekend out of curiosity. I really don't plan to get heavily into it at all, but I had an urge to see it for myself, on a very casual basis. So far, well, it's an MMORPG. Decent writing as far as the genre goes, extremely active, even high-level characters still look at least remotely like they fit in the world, and -- perhaps most importantly -- I haven't seen any cash shop yet.
FF XIV is one of those games I would probably get more enjoyment thinking about playing it over actually playing it. I currently do not have any desire to devote nearly all my free time to one specific game, but maybe I'll change my mind in the future.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
in a turn of good news, i'm getting slightly better at photogrammetry, being now able to capture my own face mostly
it's only a matter of time before i will put myself in Death Stranding and watch myself shower with an ad showing on the shower itself

don't mind me, i'm just trapped within le mamanu fola o le laupapa siaki umukuka

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
The fun thing with FFXIV is that, if you are only in it for the story, by the end of the year that aspect will be completely doable solo.

while there is a cash shop there that sells the usual level skips, mounts and glamours it is never forced down your throat. In fact I don’t think you can even access the store via the game. Admittedly that may be more a statement on S-E back end than any magnanimity.

But I have put 1100 hours in over the last 15 months so I may be a touch biased.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

With the increasing popularity of the Steam Deck, VITURE One will be huge for Steam Deck owners. The best part of Steam Deck is its portability. You can play it anywhere, anytime. But bending over a small screen for lengths of time is uncomfortable. Instead, connect your Steam Deck to VITURE One XR glasses to unlock a 120-inch virtual screen instead!
Together with Steam Deck, VITURE One will be a game changer in the gaming industry.
---

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wow, Viture One is super high tech updating the 180 pixels at 60hz per minute!
( I know he misspoke but come on and also try not to use a mic that sounds like it's in a glass of water at times )

Make the cable longer too.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
madjoki posted it before but here is in bit more clear language

Valve Corp. must face antitrust litigation over claims that “most favored nation” policies for its Steam distribution platform have driven up video game prices across the industry, a federal judge in Seattle ruled.

Judge John C. Coughenour let part of the case move forward in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, saying it’s plausible Valve exploits its market dominance to threaten and retaliate against developers that sell games for less through other retailers or platforms.

The company “allegedly enforces this regime through a combination of written and unwritten rules” imposing its own conditions on how even “non-Steam-enabled games are sold and priced,” Coughenour wrote. “These allegations are sufficient to plausibly allege unlawful conduct.”

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

In the world of amateur hyper-indies, it feels like the line between treasure & trash can be razor thin.

With so many cynical, low-effort asset-flips & joke games flooding the channel, it can become a sort of background static seemingly unworthy of attention at all.

But occasionally a title worthy of note rises to the surface.

Carmeana is pretty dumb* by all accounts, but man does it have a lot of heart.

I genuinely love folk-art games like this. Titles that look like complete incompetence on the surface, but are propelled to greatness through raw earnestness and offbeat verve.

Reminds me a lot of other "successful disasters" like Candice DeBébé, Dominique Pamplemousse, and Wasteland Trucker.

* aka, not suggesting anyone check it out, I'm just glad they exist.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

In the world of amateur hyper-indies, it feels like the line between treasure & trash can be razor thin.

With so many cynical, low-effort asset-flips & joke games flooding the channel, it can become a sort of background static seemingly unworthy of attention at all.

But occasionally a title worthy of note rises to the surface.

Carmeana is pretty dumb* by all accounts, but man does it have a lot of heart.

I genuinely love folk-art games like this. Titles that look like complete incompetence on the surface, but are propelled to greatness through raw earnestness and offbeat verve.

Reminds me a lot of other "successful disasters" like Candice DeBébé, Dominique Pamplemousse, and Wasteland Trucker.

* aka, not suggesting anyone check it out, I'm just glad they exist.
It seemed familiar, and indeed, I played that many, many years ago when it was.... not complete? It's not even micro indie, it's the insanity of a crazy dev.
And I love how weird the genre of "indie but poop but also great" is, and how massive it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.